Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well pay must want to go out on his sword like the players he picks. I dont care if we win, i need to see wheels in motion of replacing some of these bums for talent.
Risky but i think he is using this game to gauge who just had a bad game and who didn't turn things around and hopefully see some changes next week?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about last year where Lichaa somehow wasn’t punted after being useless every week.

I’m yet to see him make a hard decision
The problem is we have no one to replace Lichaa. There’s JMK, but he probably can’t play 80 minutes at hooker.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The problem is we have no one to replace Lichaa. There’s JMK, but he probably can’t play 80 minutes at hooker.
The other problem is no one forced Pay to re-sign Lichaa in 2017 after we'd "nearly" gotten rid of him :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just saw an interview of Blake Ferguson re tomorrows game. I didn't know Reimis Smith was a cousin of his.

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well after the way the Broncs and TPJ played, the Cowboys with their much celebrated pack had no answers. I don't think anyone would have had any answers, so I'm praying it was the same last week vs the warriors in our case. So bouncing back tomorrow is a big possibility in that case, and if not a marfarkin broom needs to come through the team.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other problem is no one forced Pay to re-sign Lichaa in 2017 after we'd "nearly" gotten rid of him :grinning:
I agree to an extent. After seeing how he played in his last 3 games, and the World Cup, a 1 year deal would have been best. Unfortunately, we’re stuck with him as it was a 2 year deal.

If I recall correctly, it was under Dib that he re-signed, so maybe Dib had a role to play.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I said on here six months ago we should be chasing Thomas Flegler last night for the broncs he ran 197 meters from 14 hit ups made 14 tackles and 73 post contact meters in 55 minutes in his first NRL match until this club can identify and recruit young talent like that we won’t win a fucking chook raffle. Nah we’ll just stick with the likes of Lichaa FMD

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I said on here six months ago we should be chasing Thomas Flegler last night for the broncs he ran 197 meters from 14 hit ups made 14 tackles and 73 post contact meters in 55 minutes in his first NRL match until this club can identify and recruit young talent like that we won’t win a fucking chook raffle. Nah we’ll just stick with the likes of Lichaa FMD
Results aren't coming our way but add to that our pedestrian recruitment is so uninspiring and if we did have someone with good potential, they wouldn't get a go until it's all over.

The club is in a huge hole on several fronts it appears.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Results aren't coming our way but add to that our pedestrian recruitment is so uninspiring and if we did have someone with good potential, they wouldn't get a go until it's all over.

The club is in a huge hole on several fronts it appears.
We’ve been ordinary in almost every aspect for far too long

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say the new board have played it smart knowing there was going to be pain for a couple of years due to dib,des and realenes management of cap, they are letting pay do his two years and they can say they are blameless for having him as coach as was a dib signing and to give them more time in charge

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Sir!

Just don't rub it in too much when you demolish us...
Just been reading that feel good story on Foran mate.
If he is on a comeback then we could be in trouble.
I promise to be gentle with you when we take the 2 points off you lol - however we can never trust the Doggies to roll over when playing the Eels.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just been reading that feel good story on Foran mate.
If he is on a comeback then we could be in trouble.
I promise to be gentle with you when we take the 2 points off you lol - however we can never trust the Doggies to roll over when playing the Eels.
Don't get cocky, Penrith couldn't hold the ball last week... Parra for back to back spoons

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Typical eels supporter.... wins one game and claims it as another premiership. Not fault one player in your side. They must be a bloody good side this eels team i hear about.
And that is exactly what made the difference Straight18 - we played as a team whereas you guys adopted the old Eels method of playing as individuals with no communication.
You do realise Pay is an ex Eel who could not cut it in our coaching roster don't you? :anguished::astonished::sweatsmile::grinning::smiley::grinning::smiley::grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.