Mark Geyer on Rhyse Martin

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was only joking about the discrimination
We will see if he underperforming when playing in the top team again
That should be soon
I think every dogs fan hopes that’s the case.
Sounds like it’s up to him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can you post the article wendog. I'm not able to get past the question thing in the middle.
Computer challenged Alan79 but I cut and pasted what I could :grinning:

Despite being left out of Canterbury’s round one side, Dogs forward Rhyse Martin isn’t ready to give up on the club just yet.
According to Martin’s manager Sam Ayoub, the 26-year-old has received interest from other clubs around the NRL, although he told Fox Sports their camp won’t entertain other offers for “another six or seven rounds (of the season)”.

After an impressive debut season last year, Martin managed to re-sign with the Dogs on a one-year deal, after Canterbury’s salary cap squeeze left his Bulldogs career up in the air.

[https://video]

ADVERTISEMENT

He re-upped with Canterbury, although he’s now out of contract at season’s end once again, and is free to speak to other clubs.
Coach Dean Pay has overlooked Martin for the second week in a row, after selecting the same 17 that were smashed 40-6 at the hands of the Warriors last weekend.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Despite being left out of Canterbury’s round one side, Dogs forward Rhyse Martin isn’t ready to give up on the club just yet.
According to Martin’s manager Sam Ayoub, the 26-year-old has received interest from other clubs around the NRL, although he told Fox Sports their camp won’t entertain other offers for “another six or seven rounds (of the season)”.

After an impressive debut season last year, Martin managed to re-sign with the Dogs on a one-year deal, after Canterbury’s salary cap squeeze left his Bulldogs career up in the air.

ADVERTISEMENT

He re-upped with Canterbury, although he’s now out of contract at season’s end once again, and is free to speak to other clubs.
Coach Dean Pay has overlooked Martin for the second week in a row, after selecting the same 17 that were smashed 40-6 at the hands of the Warriors last weekend.
Ayoub told Fox Sports he was confident Martin would return to the first grade side in no time, which would allow both parties to work on a deal for next season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

ADVERTISEMENT

Cheers. I think Google Chrome on my phone has issues. I get problems on plenty of websites using it.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm sure Pay has given him a rocket about his attitude and fitness with the intention for him to pick up his game and get back into first grade.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure Pay has given him a rocket about his attitude and fitness with the intention for him to pick up his game and get back into first grade.
Keeping Martin in the lower grades might be about prevention of second year syndrome. Martin certainly achieved a lot last year between his NRL debut and rep honours. It's entirely possible that it inflated his ego a bit. I'd prefer him to be feeling a bit hard done by to open the year than for him to take it easy because he finished last year well. We've all seen players that start out well but go to crap once established. Take Tony Williams or even Kasiano as examples of this. Both superb to start out. But struggled to live up to their breakout years afterwards. This might help avoid seeing this happen with Martin.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We might as well release him now and try to get a hooker or centre in. It’s not because I don’t rate Martin but once Pay marks a card they don’t come back look at the way he’s treated Nu Brown.
Well he also marked Lachlan Lewis card, but gave him a reprieve

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think every dogs fan hopes that’s the case.
Sounds like it’s up to him.
Totally agree with you
I wouldn’t think that anybody was not gunning for his return
Can see him and Chris Smith as future stars

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nu Brown is highly inconsistent......he was throwing so many passes into the stands in last year's reggies GF he looked like Benji Marshall after taking too much Ritalin. I don't think it's fair to suggest Brown's card has been marked. I think if he shows consistency and form, he'll be considered. Plenty of people were pointing out Martin's defensive deficiencies on here last year and now after one poor game by our back row, they are howling for blood. If reports Martin has attitude problems in addition to his fairly frequent lapses in D, I can understand even more why he isn't getting picked. It's not like we have all this quality wasting away on the sidelines. In reality, some changes that some are calling for may disadvantage us. The back rowers who played last week all have talent.....if anything we should be playing Meaney, or giving Harper a crack (hello David Holland) because I don't think Montoya will cut it at centre.....but fmd, Martin busts 3 tackles in a comp that is much lower in quality and people shoot suds in their duds.

But geez he has scored many tries himself from dummy half ....how many has the leech scored?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But geez he has scored many tries himself from dummy half ....how many has the leech scored?
He’d probably score a lot more if he was playing in the b team. Brown is not the answer. We need a hooker with good service, good execution and good decision making.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate this is like hasler all over again.
How come we can see this but the coach carnt ......beats me
Because he sees many times what you see, many minutes, lots of hours, every single day that you don’t see. Is it possible that just maybe he knows more, a lot more, about players than you do (or I do).

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he sees many times what you see, many minutes, lots of hours, every single day that you don’t see. Is it possible that just maybe he knows more, a lot more, about players than you do (or I do).

Go Dogs
Well mate so did hasler, many hours and days of videos...
Where did that get us.
You need to pick the best 17 then find a position for them.
Montoya is definitely not one of them and hasn't been since his break out season.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And furthemore in the fair dinkum department Montoya could not even at a bare minimum get the wing spot right.
Who on earth then gives him a bigger role to play in the team now at centre...just a dumb selection rewarding complacency.
Rewarding complacency is not the kind of culture I thought the dogs promoted.
What message does that send to our aspiring up and comers in the juniors