Mark Geyer on Rhyse Martin

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Martin did fall off some tackles in reggies on the w/e. He shouldn’t be missing any at that level. But yes he should be in the 17.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor ethics and attitude should never be rewarded.. FULL STOP .. if you allow that sort thing you building a Parramatta/Hayne style of team

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They can bitch all they like but culture is what matters most. If Bellamy did it, they'd be talking about what the player did wrong and not questioning the coach.. just because we don't have the best roster in the comp doesn't mean we shouldn't make tough calls

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can bitch all they like but culture is what matters most. If Bellamy did it, they'd be talking about what the player did wrong and not questioning the coach.. just because we don't have the best roster in the comp doesn't mean we shouldn't make tough calls
I’m really surprised and taken back to think he has a bad attitude/lazy trainer
Being a professional athlete trying to make a living is nor easy
Surely doesn’t enjoy playing Park footy
I wonder if he has a dislike for our club or dean

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For all we know, it could be just a ploy by the club to use him for a mid season swap with a player in a position that we need.
Who knows what the dogs are trying to do

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We might as well release him now and try to get a hooker or centre in. It’s not because I don’t rate Martin but once Pay marks a card they don’t come back look at the way he’s treated Nu Brown.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For all we know, it could be just a ploy by the club to use him for a mid season swap with a player in a position that we need.
Who knows what the dogs are trying to do
They're my thoughts as well. The blokes value based on goal kicking alone gives awesome trade value. In saying that, i certainly don't entertain the thought of losing him as he is extremely valuable to our team and has certainly shown that.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
11.Martin
12.RFM
13.Jackson

3.CHN

9.Robson

Lichaa & Montoya to go on a permanent holiday never to be seen in Belmore ever again

This would solve a lot of our problems

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geyer is a mong bogan but he’s right - Martin should be in the 17.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s hard to see how he is not in our top squad
There must be some shit going on behind the scenes
Very transparent he is being discriminated against
Dogs HR department should be made aware of this situation,lol

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geyer is a mong bogan but he’s right - Martin should be in the 17.
Yeah but on the other hand, he does kick at 95%, only on a pretty average one year deal so clubs are allowed to negotiate with him. So where are they ? Everyone tells me oh the cowboys will take him. I thought the cowboys let him go thats how he ended up here.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We might as well release him now and try to get a hooker or centre in. It’s not because I don’t rate Martin but once Pay marks a card they don’t come back look at the way he’s treated Nu Brown.
Nu Brown is highly inconsistent......he was throwing so many passes into the stands in last year's reggies GF he looked like Benji Marshall after taking too much Ritalin. I don't think it's fair to suggest Brown's card has been marked. I think if he shows consistency and form, he'll be considered. Plenty of people were pointing out Martin's defensive deficiencies on here last year and now after one poor game by our back row, they are howling for blood. If reports Martin has attitude problems in addition to his fairly frequent lapses in D, I can understand even more why he isn't getting picked. It's not like we have all this quality wasting away on the sidelines. In reality, some changes that some are calling for may disadvantage us. The back rowers who played last week all have talent.....if anything we should be playing Meaney, or giving Harper a crack (hello David Holland) because I don't think Montoya will cut it at centre.....but fmd, Martin busts 3 tackles in a comp that is much lower in quality and people shoot suds in their duds.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
11.Martin
12.RFM
13.Jackson

3.CHN

9.Robson

Lichaa & Montoya to go on a permanent holiday never to be seen in Belmore ever again

This would solve a lot of our problems
Agree.... then when get gun centre chn into backrow and martin to bench. Elliot to tasmania

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nu Brown is highly inconsistent......he was throwing so many passes into the stands in last year's reggies GF he looked like Benji Marshall after taking too much Ritalin. I don't think it's fair to suggest Brown's card has been marked. I think if he shows consistency and form, he'll be considered. Plenty of people were pointing out Martin's defensive deficiencies on here last year and now after one poor game by our back row, they are howling for blood. If reports Martin has attitude problems in addition to his fairly frequent lapses in D, I can understand even more why he isn't getting picked. It's not like we have all this quality wasting away on the sidelines. In reality, some changes that some are calling for may disadvantage us. The back rowers who played last week all have talent.....if anything we should be playing Meaney, or giving Harper a crack (hello David Holland) because I don't think Montoya will cut it at centre.....but fmd, Martin busts 3 tackles in a comp that is much lower in quality and people shoot suds in their duds.
I can understand the point with Nu Brown being inconsistent but look who is in front of him it’s not like Lichaa or JMK are consistent first graders.

As soon as we bought CHN it was always going to be tricky fitting in that many second rowers into the team and someone was going to miss out because it’s pointless carrying more then one on the bench. Martin has plenty to work on with his game especially in defence. The reason I saw to get rid of him now is that I doubt he will be here next year and we have obvious weaknesses elsewhere.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Poor ethics and attitude should never be rewarded.. FULL STOP .. if you allow that sort thing you building a Parramatta/Hayne style of team
I've brought over my reply to your post in the Rumours section. I think these issues are really dragging down the club and it's standing.

Hardly "dictate" terms. We still have no confirmation of all these accusations against Martin...lazy trainer/overweight/bad attitude/poor attitude.

How long have they been back from break in pre-season. Its bs to say he is overweight. Looked fit in Canterbury Cup. He has been interviewed several times and always presents as a team player well aware of his responsibilities to the coach and team mates.

If he did drop his head for being left out after his efforts last year, who could honestly blame him. He finally got his chance (but only after Pay FORCED to pick him, SMITH AND LEWIS). Excelled. Kicked faultlessly. Those 3 added an incredible influence on changing the teams fortunes and they then started looking like a football team.

He is a much better player than a few others in the team.

Until I have confirmation that he does have an attitude problem, I will continue to call bs on the media reports as speculation and will give Martin the benefit of the doubt based on his ability, proven influence on the teams winning culture, ability to turn tries into 6 points and dressing shed demeanour and positivity, we could all see last year.

I, and many fans, are alarmed and disappointed at the treatment and continual incidences our club seems to be caught up in since the Hasler days with players. We get another fan favourite to follow and have an interest in and bam, next minute they're on the outer or suddenly turned into slackers. There is something terribly wrong here.

And like with Hasler, it is up to the coach to inspire and have his core group of valuable players ready to go from Game 1. If Rhyse has indeed been slacking off, that is indeed as much about the ineffectual coaching staff as the player and not acceptable in a professional outfit nor is it good for morale when clear favourites are picked