What are some memories of your wonder years?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. Where abouts in the square was that located? Looks close to where the Bulldogs shop used to be.
That's not in relation to my earlier reply.. Holly's were the restaurants that used to be inside most Kmart stores.. not sure what location this one was

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh wish i could write all the shit i got upto

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm going to take a trip down memory lane and talk about console, but this is a little bit different to the general console games thread, this is more about the story behind the console and how it has impacted your life. Now this can be any console, not necessarily your most recent one, but let's say your favorite one or the one that brings you the most memories.

My story... back in the late 80s, there was a family who we were family friends with. They lived a few streets away from us, an easy 5 minute walk. I was only a lad but always enjoyed going there. One time we went there, the kids had a Sega Master System. I hadn't seen this console before and loved it straight away. They had a good assortment of games too. Everything about this console was great, the bright colours, cool graphics, fun game, even the Sega Light Phaser were all really cool - things I had never experienced before.

In the Christmas of 1989, me and my siblings all wanted one for Christmas. At the time, the Sega Master System was discontinued though, and the Sega Mega Drive was the new console for Sega, however they were $150+ which was a lot of money back then.

Due to the Master System being discontinued, the remaining consoles were on sale for only $88. This was the Master System 2.

Needless to say we also got a new TV to go with it, so it was a great Christmas after all. However what happened over the following months was truly amazing. All my cousins wanted one to, so each family bought one for Christmas. This made playing games fun. We would trade games borrow games, play co-op, and every week during the school holidays, we would get together and gather round the tv and play games and pass the controller around on a life/levels basis for games such as Alex Kidd in Miracle World (everyone knew how to play this as it was built into the console). For the co-op games like Double Dragon and Double Hawk, playing with someone made the game just that little bit more enjoyable. Over the next 5-6 years while the Master System was well and truly done with, consoles such as the Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation were now hot on the market... however, while some of my cousins bought these newer consoles, we all held onto our Master System and would still turn it on and play it every now and then.

Fun times indeed.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sega world! I LOVED that place as a kid. I think I still have a Sonic coin lying around somewhere.
LOVED Sega World. Apparently it closed in 2000, however I went there in 2007 and they still had arcade machine and games going. That blue cone next to the IMAX was a Sydney icon. Cockle Bay just isn't the same these days... take me back!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Before the iPod you had the walkman
And after the Walkman you had the Discman which had to be perfectly flat and if there was an ever slight breeze it would skip like hell. #GoodOldDays

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
And after the Walkman you had the Discman which had to be perfectly flat and if there was an ever slight breeze it would skip like hell. #GoodOldDays
Yeah I was never a fan of the discman. Dearer in price and always jumped and skipped!.

I got good at timing with fast forward and rewind to find the songs I was looking for on cassette.

I miss the analog days.
Have you seen that YouTube upload where a guy shows how all these digitally remastered albums are actually over rated dog shit?

I'll look for it and post here.

Last edited:
Reactions: K E

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All you can eat Pizza Hut and a movie at Beverly Hills was always a good day out

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a trip down memory lane and talk about console, but this is a little bit different to the general console games thread, this is more about the story behind the console and how it has impacted your life. Now this can be any console, not necessarily your most recent one, but let's say your favorite one or the one that brings you the most memories.

My story... back in the late 80s, there was a family who we were family friends with. They lived a few streets away from us, an easy 5 minute walk. I was only a lad but always enjoyed going there. One time we went there, the kids had a Sega Master System. I hadn't seen this console before and loved it straight away. They had a good assortment of games too. Everything about this console was great, the bright colours, cool graphics, fun game, even the Sega Light Phaser were all really cool - things I had never experienced before.

In the Christmas of 1989, me and my siblings all wanted one for Christmas. At the time, the Sega Master System was discontinued though, and the Sega Mega Drive was the new console for Sega, however they were $150+ which was a lot of money back then.

Due to the Master System being discontinued, the remaining consoles were on sale for only $88. This was the Master System 2.

Needless to say we also got a new TV to go with it, so it was a great Christmas after all. However what happened over the following months was truly amazing. All my cousins wanted one to, so each family bought one for Christmas. This made playing games fun. We would trade games borrow games, play co-op, and every week during the school holidays, we would get together and gather round the tv and play games and pass the controller around on a life/levels basis for games such as Alex Kidd in Miracle World (everyone knew how to play this as it was built into the console). For the co-op games like Double Dragon and Double Hawk, playing with someone made the game just that little bit more enjoyable. Over the next 5-6 years while the Master System was well and truly done with, consoles such as the Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation were now hot on the market... however, while some of my cousins bought these newer consoles, we all held onto our Master System and would still turn it on and play it every now and then.

Fun times indeed.
Simpler times hey.. we grew up in a great era... You know what was an awesome game.. Alex Kidd in Shinobi World

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Simpler times hey.. we grew up in a great era... You know what was an awesome game.. Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
Did anyone ever complete Alex Kidd in enchanted castle?

Damn I need to plug my PC in and start hitting the ROMS again.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Love that game mate. I used to love those throwing darts at the giant lobster. And the Super Mario boss at the end of the first round lol

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone ever complete Alex Kidd in enchanted castle?

Damn I need to plug my PC in and start hitting the ROMS again.
Played it, and still have it on the pc, but never completed it.

I think steam is selling it for about $1.50.