News Dogs firm for spoon, but Foran wouldn't trade a single player

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kieran Foran has declared he would not swap anyone at Canterbury - and insists the current Belmore crop are as good as any side he's been involved with, including the two premiership Manly teams.

The Bulldogs were widely tipped to challenge for the wooden spoon, along with Sunday's rivals Parramatta, and did little to allay those fears when walloped 40-6 by New Zealand on the opening weekend.

Dogs' off day: Foran's Canterbury were towelled up by the Warriors in last weekend's season opener.

Photo: NRL Photos
Five-eighth Foran said it was ''the most powerful and committed Warriors side he had played in a long time''.

"They were really on and we were really off, and it showed in the scoreline,'' Foran said. "But we can't allow one result to determine the fate of our year.

"I was surprised as anyone watching the game. Everyone was watching it and probably thinking, 'Jesus Christ, what's up with Canterbury this year?' and, 'What have they been doing?'

"There's no doubt they were playing on a lot of emotion [because of the Christchurch attacks], they also had an old boys day, all the ex-players were there. But all that stuff shouldn't have mattered. We should have turned up, it was round one, and we didn't.

"We were bitterly disappointed as players with what we dished up. We owe the club, we owe Dean [Pay], we owe everyone involved, the members, the fans, a performance they're proud of. We owe it to ourselves.

"I've seen what sort of footy side we have here and I know we've got the sort of footy side to challenge the big guns. We just have to build that belief and find a way to get it on.''

Foran did not backtrack when pressed on his bold claims the class of 2019 at Canterbury was up there with the likes of Daly Cherry-Evans, the Stewart brothers, Anthony Watmough, Jamie Lyon and Steve Menzies, who kept the good times rolling over on the northern beaches.

"I've been around footy long enough, I know what it takes to win, and I believe we have it here in spades,'' Foran said. "People can say what they like about our roster and our playing group, the lack of depth, the lack of this ... we have a footy side here as good as any footy side I've been involved in. We just have to find a way to play our best game and get it on.

"I wouldn't trade a player we've got for any other player in the comp. That's the honest truth. I have such belief in the playing group here, I know if it clicks we can get it right.''

There will be no better time for the Bulldogs to fire than in the middle of ANZ Stadium against their great rivals. Foran's big-money arrival at Parramatta in 2016 lasted all of nine games, with his relationship breakdown, injuries and stints in rehab making that year ''the hardest of my life''.

"I wish it could have been different,'' he said. "I was angry at a lot of people at that time in my life and what was going on in my world. It wasn't until I took ownership of my life and looked at things I've done wrong and the areas of my life I could fix I was able to understand and be aware of the support and love people had shown me through that time. Brad Arthur was no different. He was there for the toughest time in my life.''

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/do...-t-trade-a-single-player-20190321-p5165a.html

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He not guna come out n say so n so is better etc
Fucking media

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our players should be banned from talking themselves or the team up until they actually prove they can back it up for once.

We'd be premiers if comps were determined by who talked their chances up the most..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would hardly classify the current dogs team as comparable with the eagles 2008 and 2011 premiership teams

Foran sounds like he is delusional
Maybe he’s confused and is comparing them to the 2008 Bulldogs.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran please get of the weed .

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do hope that you along with your mates at belmore turn up this weekend against parra. Show us something proper.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish some of our players would be quiet rather than saying ridiculous things.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even Matai for Montoya?

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FFS what is he supposed to say? That he would probably swap every single one of our players for the Manly premiership winning team? But I agree with above, less talk and more aggression on the field.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Far out, not only is his body bashed up, but I think he’s damaged his brain as well

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think for a few weeks until we get a couple of wins they should keep quiet (lose lips sink ships) so to speak...actions on the field is all we want. Heart for the jersey.

If we get a win an turn it around this weekend then I’m all for it (in moderation of corse) But not until.!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Unlike a lot on here, I wasn’t confident v The Warriors.....but I’ve got a good feeling for this week.

C’mon boys, let’s put that Warriors performance behind us and smash those fucking Eels.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good on the bloke, sure we all know he would really swap Lichaa for one of those gridiron passing machines but all in all good on him lol

My tip is we will have a win this week!