Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see some more proactivity from Deano with regards to his use of the bench this weekend.

Particularly with rotation of the 9. If things through the middle are anything like what they were against the Warriors then we need to change things up and give JMK some minutes prior to half time. Leaving Lichaa out there for 65/70 mins straight offering nothing in a beaten team is absolutely pointless if we've got an alternate option on the bench.

RFM is one of our best attacking weapons. If he's asked to do the mountain of defensive work as he was against the Warriors then he needs to get a 10-15 minute spell somewhere. He got through 52 tackles on the weekend which unfortunately sapped his potency in attack. With an accomplished right edge forward in CHN on the bench, there's an opportunity to give Ray a breather if necessary and it should be exercised when required.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eels will be out to show that last weeks win wasnt a fluke by backing it up. On the other hand teams that get an unexpected spanking often bounce back the next week and win. Hard game to call tbh. Us by 2

IRON AIDEN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sack dean pay , rhys martin wants out ,wont attract top liners , Dean pay and crew will recruit from fijian islands with cerebral palsy like montoyo to replace our guns

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though I hate parra with passion I believe they have more points in them and more attacking threats across the park.
Hence they are favs to win

As Paul kent put it
Where are we going to score points from and be in particular pointed at our inept centres.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though I hate parra with passion I believe they have more points in them and more attacking threats across the park.
Hence they are favs to win

As Paul kent put it
Where are we going to score points from and be in particular pointed at our inept centres.
Ok to say our centres can’t score tries but how can they when our go forward players aren’t bending the line and drawing outside defenders in.Then our halves have no creativity to put defenders in two minds of where the play is going to create gaps out wide and then our 2nd rowers are clueless what to do with the ball B4 it gets to our centres who are then swamped by defenders or given the ball with 5 metres of field to play in.A lot has to go right infield to create gaps out wide ie your halves have to CREATE.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old adage of never changing a winning team

Not heard the opposite until now
What Pay should do is send them on a 20K run every day,by the end of the week they will 140Ks away & we'll never have to see them again.:screamcat::rage:>:(:mask:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am okay to give them one more chance this week. If no major improvements for players individually, it's time to try something new.
How many Chances have we given Lichaa, he is in a crucial position at hooker, he is absolute shit,we have let Woolford go, Cook go & we keep persisting with this guy who is without a doubt the worst hooker in the league.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How many Chances have we given Lichaa, he is in a crucial position at hooker, he is absolute shit,we have let Woolford go, Cook go & we keep persisting with this guy who is without a doubt the worst hooker in the league.
I hear ya. But woolford is crap full stop. Des let cook go coz Des is a fkn wanker. And now we have another shit coach who keeps lichaa but has also added the 2nd worst hooker ever in JMK to take up another position on the team. We are damned no matter what we do atm.
In saying that i was impressed with Marshcke the isp hooker against warriors . Crisp passing game and has a kicking game too which takes pressure ofr the halves. He is no cook or cam Smith but he couldnt do worse than the rubbish we already have

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hear ya. But woolford is crap full stop. Des let cook go coz Des is a fkn wanker. And now we have another shit coach who keeps lichaa but has also added the 2nd worst hooker ever in JMK to take up another position on the team. We are damned no matter what we do atm.
In saying that i was impressed with Marshcke the isp hooker against warriors . Crisp passing game and has a kicking game too which takes pressure ofr the halves. He is no cook or cam Smith but he couldnt do worse than the rubbish we already have
Lichaa is the luckiest guy to ever play NRL

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree, watched that game. thought the kid showed a bit

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had a dream last night dogs v eels , after 12 minutes eels where up 18-0 then for some reason I walked away and came at full time score was eels 18 dogs 52.
Can we just win a game like a normal team? Haha

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a dream last night dogs v eels , after 12 minutes eels where up 18-0 then for some reason I walked away and came at full time score was eels 18 dogs 52.
throw down some cash... you'll be rich

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about this for our backline boys, something different .
1 holland or meaney
2 r smith
3 hoppa
4 chn
5 crighton
Harper in for chn when hes ready. To me that looks much stronger. Maybe sack licha start jmk and holland back in the 14.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why can't Harawira Naera be tried in the centres?
If Hoppa moves to fullback and Ogden replaces JMK on the bench we are looking a little more positive.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't Harawira Naera be tried in the centres?
If Hoppa moves to fullback and Ogden replaces JMK on the bench we are looking a little more positive.
The problem with him in the centres is the way we defend. For some reason we still persist with that stupid up and in defence. Holland and Montoya came screaming up a few times last week and got burnt.

They would have trained with that defensive style all off season so it would be hard to throw CHN out in the centres. He might even cop more of a bath than the 2 we have got there now (if thats possible). And I actually watched CHN a few times in the centres for Penrith and he wasnt that good.

He should be starting at right back row. RFM at left. Jackson at lock

And as for the centres ? I have NFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.