Other News Source Rhyse Martin - The Man of a Million Rumours - Consolidated Thread.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly if he wants to go let him buy an outside back for the money

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who says Fualalo should be dumped have a look at the facts. He made 10 hit ups 110 metres,15 tackles,1 missed tackles in 29 minutes. Napa made 9 hitups, 71 metres, 22 tackles, 4 missed tackles in 43 minutes. Tell me why Fualalo should be dumped again?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem is no other team want any of them, were stuck with them until their contract is up.
Lichaa, Foran and JMK for sure. I agree.

But a few clubs would definitely take Tolman and to a lesser extent Elliott if made available.

I'd be happy if they just came to a settlement with Foran and paid him out right now to rid the club of the stench of Des and Foz's his fading career.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who says Fualalo should be dumped have a look at the facts. He made 10 hit ups 110 metres,15 tackles,1 missed tackles in 29 minutes. Napa made 9 hitups, 71 metres, 22 tackles, 4 missed tackles in 43 minutes. Tell me why Fualalo should be dumped again?
It will take a while for people to realise Napa is a myth. Between Fualalo, Ogden and Toomaga we could have had middle forward covered so that we could buy some guns in positions of need

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rivals will be looking at Ogden and To'omaga as well

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders sign George willams and we get sezar back

1.hoppa
6. Foran
7.sezar
9.robson
I'd rather we just got George Williams instead. Canberra have a great strategy in buying the best English players.

Whitehead, Hodgson and now Bateman have all been great purchases and our club has dropped the ball for years by not looking into England more.

Especially considering how much success we had with Graham for many years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
From what I understand it's not so much fat/overweight, but struggling / a relaxed approach to training compared to the other players.

Remember Rhyse didn't have a full season in NRL year and they've upped the tempo for training (and it was evident in preseason) and he's been getting left behind and ending up gassed well before our other options.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand it's not so much fat/overweight, but struggling / a relaxed approach to training compared to the other players.

Remember Rhyse didn't have a full season in NRL year and they've upped the tempo for training (and it was evident in preseason) and he's been getting left behind and ending up gassed well before our other options.
He must be seriously unfit if this is the case as most of the forward pack were gassed after 10mins last week

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Martin can only blame himself for his problem. His lackadaisical approach to training is being noticed. His defence is not as good as the other back rowers.
He relies on his goal kicking to promote himself, but thats not enough by itself.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And he hardly gets put on his back allowing for a quick play the ball...

Oh and. He is not a marque player. Lucky to be on 200k a year.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin can only blame himself for his problem. His lackadaisical approach to training is being noticed. His defence is not as good as the other back rowers.
He relies on his goal kicking to promote himself, but thats not enough by itself.
What I don’t get is why when our players are dropped they must leave? I didn’t see the same headlines for Lomax, Clifford, Flanagan, Reynolds or Rein?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's unfit fix it, dont get rid of him FFS. He's on minimum wage and better than a few in the regular 17..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's unfit fix it, dont get rid of him FFS. He's on minimum wage and better than a few in the regular 17..
Exactly. How about this spoilt little brat show some appreciation for the chance the Dogs gave him and put in the effort, rather than chuck a tanty and want to leave? He's can't be the only NRL player to be left out because his fitness isn't up to scratch. Its round 1 FFS.

Anyway, its a 30 man squad, they can't all play. Pay has said he'll be rotating the backrow throughout the year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Find it mad people are saying "get rid" as we're clearly lacking talent. Why would we show one of the form players the door after 1 round?

I get that the coach has to make a point, and seemingly he has by dropping him to the ressies. However, to shift him off over a lacklustre approach to preseason training would make me question the man management and coaching skills of our coaching staff.

It also wouldn't bode well for the future that a player could push for a release from the club, and for it to be granted so easily. If we were really worried about his long-term future in the game we would be sticking to our guns to make sure he gets the point.

The only sense I can see in this is that he's in his last year of the contract (is that right?) and it's become clear he's not going to extend it. I could understand then the club biting the bullet now, moving him on so we can get a hooker in for example. Again though .... the players are controling us like so many times in the past however many years ...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t he dropped last year for a game for his attitude to training?