Jack Cogger

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack was brought in along with Meaney to be our future 1 & 7.

Hoppa aint our future 1 going forward, neither is Foran or Lewis at 7.

We aren't making the 8 this year and its time soft mannered Dean Pay grew a pair of kahoonas and fucks off Foran to reserve grade for Cogger, Hoppa to centre for Montonya and Meaney to FB.

If Pay cannot do it, Chris Anderson needs to step in as head coach and drill every mother fucker in the club from the toilet cleaner to the cook.
Mate I agree about C. Anderson.. He def should be having some kind of coaching role, I was thinking more like a Gus at Penrith..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The number 6 or 7 on the back is meaningless, we play halves and 5/8's left and right like most teams. The only time we may see them on the same side will be scrums far enough off the centre. Who is the talker, leader, play caller etc is irrelevant to what number they have on their back.

Go Dogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More so the nature of the loss , waiting all summer and they dished up shit
Exactly, waited all off season to dish up a worst performance than 26 rounds last year, although im angry at the players for there effort, to me its a selection and coaching problem. God help us if anderson takes over he will be worse. Id rather throw ennis the job untried than an old coach. Give lewis more time he is young and has some promise, for everyone trying to say he is a runner, deffinetly cant be watching the games at all. He has a terrible running game, its halfback for him or nothing. I love kiwi dog how i was crucified for mentioning chn is better than rfm in off season. How many dumped rfm for chn in there side for round 2. Gotta love the kennel. We will never get anywhere with jmk, lichaa, elliot, halves are still a worry, apart from hoppa replace the whole back 5. Any club or person that sees value in holland and montoya or any of them blokes are living in denial. So the coach is, and needs replacing. No trial games, playing nearly every player out of position, people have over looked that. Not good enough.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Like Bob Dylan said " When you got nothing you got nothing to lose " If Foran should get injured Cogger will be there anyway so it's not just the fans that want him there, we must have bought Cogger for a reason? and at least he's younger than Foran and probably got more energy.I really don't care either way all I want is a winning combination and if I have to give myself a couple of uppercuts while searching for the answer ( like the rest of us ), so be it
If you want a winning combination, you obviously haven’t seen cogger play. The guy is useless. In regards to our halves, Lewis and Foran. You can have Andrew Johns and jt as your 6 and 7, but when your hooker is fucked, and your forwards don’t do shit, not sure what your expecting the halves to do. It’s basic footy really. Everyone knows if the forwards don’t lay a platform halves are useless.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team is alarmingly unbalanced. More than half the squad is labelled second rowers on the club website. We have two five eights and no halfback. No decent hooker. One Centre, and he is weak in defence. To make up for the in balance, players are being played out of position all the way across the park. Any wonder we had 40 points scored against us and only managed one try in favour.
You sir know what you are talking about. Go straight to the top of the class.

If you even look out our spine. It lacks any creativity or speed. Our 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13 has very few points in it. Our fullback is a winger on 850k with no speed. Fair enough hoppa is solid but he can’t break the line and can’t bring the ball back with pace.

We are so forwards stacked that we have 2-3 quality players either missing out or playing limited mins. And we have JMK on the bench because he can play in the backs, halves and forwards. But he can’t actually play any of those positions well or above average.

Fact of the mater like you mentioned. It’s an unbalanced squad that was assembled wrongly. We went too hard for a marquee half in Foran who isn’t the player he was. Alarmingly all the fans could see that yet our front office and the coach went after him on 3 seperate occasions.

Looking back retrospectively so many better halves have moved clubs since Foran arrived. Any one of them would have been a much better fit for the team. Yet we are stuck with Kieran who isn’t a horrible player. But isn’t anywhere near the marquee we need or the dominant half to lead us around the park.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of you fukers will be in hospital by RD26. Fukin doomsday after 1 game!

If we win next week it will be, we are specials...TOP 4 atleast lmao
The same ones death wishing half the team will be the same ones doing cartwheels in the streets if we beat the eels :p

The joys of the bipolar kennel haha.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a winning combination, you obviously haven’t seen cogger play. The guy is useless. In regards to our halves, Lewis and Foran. You can have Andrew Johns and jt as your 6 and 7, but when your hooker is fucked, and your forwards don’t do shit, not sure what your expecting the halves to do. It’s basic footy really. Everyone knows if the forwards don’t lay a platform halves are useless.
I agree with about our forwards and especially the fucking Hooker, we had plenty of chances to rectify the hooking position but he's still there, as far as Cogger goes I really don't care if he makes the squad or not but we both know that at sometime in the season he will be there . When foran was at the Warriors & Parramatta he didn't exactly set the world on fire, so des picked him up on big money and he has done Jack Shit & when we had that bit of a revival towards the end of last season Foran was not even there. So if cogger is as useless as you say ( and I'm disputing it because I haven't really watched him yet) why the fuck did we buy him. It's like I said " when you got nothing you got nothing to lose " give him ago and if we end up with the spoon then we'll stir the pot with it.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because people are brought into the club for the long-term ie. Cogger and Meaney, it doesn't mean you have to throw them to the wolves the first game.

Honestly, can see the wisdom in easing them in though I'm sure Pay had hoped the team would have shown more balls than what they did. Fingers crossed that we turn things around so it gives both Cogger and Meaney more time to find their feet.

Being long term buys, then it's best to give them time in my mind
I don't wish bad on anybody and I sincerely hope our team can turn it around but should Foran , Hoppa or Lewis get injured this weekend who do you thimk will replace them for the following game?, thay have both played first grade before and we are in dire straits at the moment so we need to try something, Anything!!!,' sometimes you give someone an opportunity and they rise to the challenge, just like Lewis & Martin did towards the end of last year. To bad our fucking hooker hasn't followed through, but we had a decent hooker in Zac Woolford playing in the lower grades last year and we never gave him a chance & now he's gone. & how long did we hold Damian Cook back before he came on and showed his true potential

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't wish bad on anybody and I sincerely hope our team can turn it around but should Foran , Hoppa or Lewis get injured this weekend who do you thimk will replace them for the following game?, thay have both played first grade before and we are in dire straits at the moment so we need to try something, Anything!!!,' sometimes you give someone an opportunity and they rise to the challenge, just like Lewis & Martin did towards the end of last year. To bad our fucking hooker hasn't followed through, but we had a decent hooker in Zac Woolford playing in the lower grades last year and we never gave him a chance & now he's gone. & how long did we hold Damian Cook back before he came on and showed his true potential
If there's an injury mate, of course you move them in. Sometimes you simply can't plan everything.

All I'm saying is that we need to be patient with it all. In no way am I saying Pay is the next Messiah or whatever. He's obviously got his flaws, however I'm not going to write him or the team off just yet.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, waited all off season to dish up a worst performance than 26 rounds last year, although im angry at the players for there effort, to me its a selection and coaching problem. God help us if anderson takes over he will be worse. Id rather throw ennis the job untried than an old coach. Give lewis more time he is young and has some promise, for everyone trying to say he is a runner, deffinetly cant be watching the games at all. He has a terrible running game, its halfback for him or nothing. I love kiwi dog how i was crucified for mentioning chn is better than rfm in off season. How many dumped rfm for chn in there side for round 2. Gotta love the kennel. We will never get anywhere with jmk, lichaa, elliot, halves are still a worry, apart from hoppa replace the whole back 5. Any club or person that sees value in holland and montoya or any of them blokes are living in denial. So the coach is, and needs replacing. No trial games, playing nearly every player out of position, people have over looked that. Not good enough.
Can see ennis being our coach one day

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We looked absolutely lost against the warriors.

We need an organiser. Simple.

Lichaa can't organise.
Foran can't.
Lewis can't.

Cogger appears to be the only genuine organiser we have at the club atm.
I think you left Jackson out of that list. Great player, poor captain.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair to Foran and Lewis it’s pretty hard as a half to do anything with your pack and outside backs dominated

No front foot ball and handicapped by slow dummy half service

Lewis defence wasn’t up to scratch (falling for dummies) and his kicking was predictable
Forans defence was allot worse the lewis' at least they had to do something to create an error all the had to do to foran was run

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We looked absolutely lost against the warriors.

We need an organiser. Simple.

Lichaa can't organise.
Foran can't.
Lewis can't.

Cogger appears to be the only genuine organiser we have at the club atm.
Foran can actually organise , when he played those half dozen or so games for the eels he was organising and leading the team well.

The problem is he is broken and letting poor Lewis try do all the work

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran will play better when he cuts that ridiculous top knot off

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran to hooker Cogger to 7 Lewis to 6 Montoya punted Hoppa to centre Meaney to fb

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's an injury mate, of course you move them in. Sometimes you simply can't plan everything.

All I'm saying is that we need to be patient with it all. In no way am I saying Pay is the next Messiah or whatever. He's obviously got his flaws, however I'm not going to write him or the team off just yet.
It's very hard to be patient when people like Soward & Rothchild are mocking us and knocking us, It's hard to be patient when you watch our once proud & great club disintegrate in to the rabble it is now, It's hard to be patient when we had to get rid of nearly our whole roster because of salary cap & then watch teams like the Roosters Parade a Star Studded team & win a premiership. Its Hard to be patient when we swapped a great hooker for an absolute dud and 3years later his still our hooker It's hard to be patient when you wait 6mths for the start of the new season with hope in your Heart and they get flogged by a team that's predicted to come 12 in the comp, wai till we come against Melbourne , Roosters or Brisbane, It will like watching a cricket game in winter. Well I my patience has run out. if Pay is not the Messiah then lets find one who is capable of filling a few vital positions with the right players. Foren was bought on big money and so far has done nothing to show he is worth it, so all I'm saying is try a Cogger Lewis halves Combination & above all ( get rid of that fuckin useless Hooker ), the bottom line is I'm Just a very Passionate fan like everyone else on this forum & I'm Frustrated and disappointed with this start of this season.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran to 9, how the fuck would that work? Who here actually wants to see him attempt 40+ tackles a game? not me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Meaney or Cogger are ready for first grade, or that Hoppa should go back into the centres EVER.. needs to go have a good hard look at themselves in the mirror.....

and then realise there is a reason they are not the coach, and it's staring back at them.

Cogger didn't do much this week in NSw Cup and did largely nothing in NRL games at the Knights. Can't defend either.
Meaney can't defend and doesn't get involved anywhere near as much as Hoppa currently does.
I thought Cogger was solid in his game over the weekend allowed the marschke brothers to play footy as he steered them around well. Had the game in control until Okunbur fucked up multiple times