Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This team unfortunately reminds me of the early 60s. Except that in the early 60s we at least had Les Johns to brighten the day even when they rarely won a game.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was excited to see Pay wield the axe as an indicator that he wont tolerate the rubbish we dished up last week. A couple of players certainly should be shaking hands with the Canterbury Cup coach. As has been done to death...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting a different result. Our FG squad seriously looked at times like a sheltered workshop in the Warriors game. They definately didnt expect the leg speed and ferocity of the Warriors carries. Then when we had the turn to cart the ball up...we seemed to run at half pace.
So what in particular SHOULD of happened with this weeks team selection:
CHN to centre replacing Montoya and moving to LHS to partner Crichton. holland back to RHS to partner Reimis Smith. Jackson to lock, Elliot to bench. Rhyse Martin to RHS. RFM to left hand side. Liccha has 1 last chance and is put on no uncertain terms notice that he must perform this week. Ogden to bench replacing JMK.
Wield the axe?? He has named the same team as last week??? I am sure that is not wielding the axe!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just have a funny feeling we are going to win this weekend.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not saying we would of won but it does make a difference.
You can train all day all night but nothing is better preparation than a actual game itself so the boys really lacked that match fitness
What I said two years straight

You can fabricate match footy situation behind closed doors

2 full trials all we needed

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Chris Smith wasn't named for the Canterbury Cup side - I'd say there's a strong chance he gets the call up on the interchange bench against Parra.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would have chn play centre and cogger and ogden on the bench. Leave out jmk and Montoya.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone see Paul Kents article about relocation?

It mentions that Pay was about to wield the axe on Monday to change the team up but have given players the benefit of the doubt for this week and put them all on notice.

If they underperform this week they go.

So a HUGE incentive for NSW Cup players to really fire up this week and stamp their claim for a spot.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Moses has a new lease of life at Parra now that he is running the show and that Dylan brown looks the goods as well.
Gutherson ia very dangerous too.
Combine that with Lane Niakore alvaro and the passion they played with last week and i can honestly see them touching us up if our defense was anywhere near last week.

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We'll win this one-Parra missing Brown & Jennings is a big plus.We can't & won't play as bad as last week..I mean Jacko missing that tackle...FMD he'll never miss another one the whole year,just a bad day all round..GO THE MIGHTY DOGGIES.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So what in particular SHOULD of happened with this weeks team selection:
CHN to centre replacing Montoya and moving to LHS to partner Crichton. holland back to RHS to partner Reimis Smith. Jackson to lock, Elliot to bench. Rhyse Martin to RHS. RFM to left hand side. Liccha has 1 last chance and is put on no uncertain terms notice that he must perform this week. Ogden to bench replacing JMK.
What in that list can't happen? Numbers on jerseys are irrelevant, there are 22 players in the squad any 17 of them can play in the team in any position.

Personally I don't expect much in the way of changes, nor do I think that there should be. It's good scientific (and sporting) practise to test the results more than once to make sure that last week wasn't an aberration. That said, 2 in a row demands changes.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't care if it's uglier than Rebel Wilson after an all night bender, a wins a win
Lol well what U want is a skanky rebel Wilson after a nz trip with an ebola riddled oprah.

I'll choose to settle for a in her prime Jolie.. let's go 50-niler. :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses has a new lease of life at Parra now that he is running the show and that Dylan brown looks the goods as well.
Gutherson ia very dangerous too.
Combine that with Lane Niakore alvaro and the passion they played with last week and i can honestly see them touching us up if our defense was anywhere near last week.
Not many teams can back up a win like that.. most times it just takes too much out of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the tables turn on this one.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol well what U want is a skanky rebel Wilson after a nz trip with an ebola riddled oprah.
That's one hell of a mental image :persevere:
Excuse me while I go throw my guts up and stick icepicks into both eyes

Last edited:

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

It mentions that Pay was about to wield the axe on Monday to change the team up but have given players the benefit of the doubt for this week and put them all on notice.

So a HUGE incentive for NSW Cup players to really fire up this week and stamp their claim for a spot.
Who would be the players on notice and who would be the replacements ??

After viewing both grades I would say

Lewis in firing line , had an absolute shocker with cogger logical replacement .

Both centres with either Meaney coming into fb and hoppa centres or CHN into centre

Elliot or RFM for Martin

However , I think the backs would have received a pardon as the damage was done up front and considering when Napa was on it was still a contest it leaves imo

Elliot
RFM

As the two most likely under pressure

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can make as many changes as we like and it could be worse or better but it’s not going to change all that much really. The entire squad is fairly average and we don’t have anyone not currently in the NRL team that will turn us into a contender. The thing that i evident after Saturday is we need effort and to be switched on for every game just to compete if we don’t we won’t stand a chance in any game this year.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Chris Smith wasn't named for the Canterbury Cup side - I'd say there's a strong chance he gets the call up on the interchange bench against Parra.
For the tenth time
Chris Smith is 18th man and cannot be chosen for reserve grade because they are playing on the same day.
He is with the fg squad just in case of any inj all the way up to warm
Up

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll believe it when I see it. So far Pay is all talk, no actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.