• Yes

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • No, fuck him

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude would be almost 35. Is it really worth it? Would rather develop Martin, CHN & RFM.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he can play Hooker or Fullback.?

Seriously for Fuck Sake,

It’s really disappointing that our club knows how emotional and loyal we are and uses it to hide the fact that this year is going to be a total disaster.

I have to give it to them, the 2019 promo video and all the articles about Dogs of War, bring back the madness, Lewis interviews and jersey presentation on the eve before round really had me believing this year would be something special.

Now this... SBW,
the club knows most fans will forgive him if he comes back and apologises and makes good on the past only because it makes us all remember the glory days of 2004 and the team that could of created a dynasty.

If they sign him it’s only being used as a distraction in the aftermath of the biggest defeat our mighty club has had in the modern era.
This looks serious,
I suggest you read what I posted in the rumours forum !

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This could quite arguably the greatest moment in dogs history.

The great one, the prodigal son, the most talented player to ever put on a dogs jersey returning home.

The premiership is a lock once we get him. $2m a season easy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His work ethic and discipline alone via training and mentoring the young fellas
Plus he will still carve

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't the NRL deem his value as way over what we could afford? As in we couldn't sign him on a $120k a year contract because NRL would deem him a $700k+ a year player?

He isn't what the club needs now, nor moving forwards (at least on field).

Currently 33 Years 228 days, he will be 34-35 before he even starts with us.

There are currently only 8 NRL players older than this (based on ZeroTackle ages):

Paul Gallen
37 years, 218 days old
Cameron Smith 35 years, 275 days old
Michael Gordon 35 years, 147 days old
Cooper Cronk 35 years, 105 days old
Robbie Farah 35 years, 56 days old
John Sutton 34 years, 134 days old
Benji Marshall 34 years, 22 days old
Matthew Scott 33 years, 233 days old

I honestly can't see it happening unless it's an off field role with the club.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The desperate Bulldogs are considering making a play to sign prodigal son Sonny Bill Williams for 2020.

Williams, aged 33, began his league career with the Bulldogs way back in 2004 and retains close ties with the club.

Only last week, he was set to present the players with their jumpers for round one before the massacre in Christchurch left him too distraught to perform the task.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a quick fix after performing poorly last season and then starting this year with a massive defeat at the hands of the Warriors.

Sonny Bill Williams after winning the 2004 grand final with the Bulldogs. (AAP)
The club is likely to deny the story, but Wide World Of Sports has heard that informal talks have already begun with the code-hopping star.

SBW’s influential manager Khoder Nasser prefers the brilliant athlete remain in rugby union, where he plays for the Auckland Blues, but Williams is believed to be tempted by the prospect of returning ‘home’ and helping his struggling club.

Sonny Bill Williams during his last NRL season, with the Roosters in 2014. (AAP)
Williams played five seasons with the Bulldogs from 2004 to 2008 before helping the Roosters to the premiership in 2013.

He has also dabbled in boxing and despite approaching his mid-30s, remains in peak physical condition.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sonny-...rs-offer/6d0a48d2-d3cb-49fa-a0c3-5eb979d76ba3

I'll go make some popcorn. ;)
God i hope not.

Sounds like he has a guilty conscious. Let the greedy prick suffer.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get over it... Plenty of mutual respect going around.

I truly don't want him anyway because we need to plug holes not a marketing gimmick that wont come cheap.
Im sorry mate, but i wont get over someone shitting on our club that hard

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can he play fullback or hooker ?
If not, fuck no.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It will be a great way to use him, more sponsors, more members more players will be attracted to our club.
Why not use him as a marketing tool not just a player.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He feels the need to right what he did wrong by us
So he should sign for the years he was contracted to the Bulldogs, but walked out.

Its' amazing that he only comes back to League after the Rugby World Cup.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The last game SBW played was when he smoked the Broncos

One of his best

He faked injury following week and Warriors smoked us as he left In dead of night

Ironic after Warriors smoke us 11 years later rumours surface he coming back

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed... its like Lebron joining the Lakers... only to benefit himself... couldnt give a fuck about the team.

I'll pass on SBW... if he wanted to make amends, he had his chance in 2013... he has lost his Canterbury privileges as far as im concerned.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can confirm...it's more than a rumour,
I have known about this for approximately 6 months,
He feels the need to right what he did wrong by us, and if it works out he would play for a minimum wage if needed,
Most people in charge at Canterbury are in favor except for 2 prominent decision makers " I will not name "
My input on this, it looks set to happen !!!
Your thoughts ???

Wow, speechless

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d live with it, plus I think he’d be an alright senior role model for younger players and want people to come to the club
Came on to post word for word the same thing....