• Yes

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • No, fuck him

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Based on if we can afford him under our cap, if we can find a TPA for him.

When I stated that this is not about money, what I'm saying is that money is not the main motivating force behind his decision to come regardless of what Politis does.
He still needs to get paid, he's not going to play for free. The main reason is he wants to finish where he left off, and to make right what he did wrong.
I've hated him since the moment he did what he did and vowed never to forgive. That being said and I can't believe I'm about to say it BUT, If he were to stand up and publicly say what you mentioned above then I would/could afford him that chance. Seems a lot of ex-players who seemed to have run for the hills in Dibbs rein are returning and being around the club again?

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bring him in, he’s got more heart then half the boys out there now !!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s money he will sign with wolves over seas who apparently offered him monster money... if it’s redemption then he will play a year at the dogs. I don’t believe his getting any younger and he will most likely sign for the big $

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been 5 years since he last played in the NRL, why didn't he come back earlier? Why now when your 34? He's accomplished everything so he just wants to tick one last box to feed his own ego.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
"Close ties with the club". Since ducking when??!! Since he walked out on us? What a load of crap.
Maybe he could pay the club and us fans back for deserting us, and come and play for peanuts??
wolfpack have offered him heaps more than we ever could, so even if we have to pay him a fair bit.... the media will paint him as a honest saviour...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
wolfpack have offered him heaps more than we ever could, so even if we have to pay him a fair bit.... the media will paint him as a honest saviour...
Doubt he will go to the Wolfpack because he will be looking at his career after footy and he will get little attention over there.

As you say the media will be whipped up into a frenzy and kiss his ass if he comes back here and he will have a huge profile.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always was a huge fan. But I think the time to come back has passed. Had he come back to the dogs during his 5 year rugby stint. Or even In 2013 the. Fair enough. Still at the top of his game. He will be 35 next August I think very few players are at their peak at that age.

If this happened 10 years ago or even 6 years ago I’d be happy to welcome him back. I just think the gimmick of him writing wrong for his own legacy or image does not interest me.

Good luck to him. All praise to him for setting himself up financially like very few rugby league players have. But we don’t require his services.

Give me a half, a fullback, a centre and a line bending front rower.
Agreed... no place in this team for an aging hasbeen who walked out on us when we needed him the most.. if he wanted to make amends 2013 was the time to do it... instead he signs with the fucking Roosters of all teams?

No thank you... go pick up your retirement cheque elswhere... if this story is true than the Roosters simply dont want him

Bulldogs are better than this regardless of how shit we are on the field right now...

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
I still remember ripping his poster off my wall and crumpling it after the shit he pulled. What pisses me off more is the fact that it’s the fucking roosters he signed on to play with - after everything talking shit about Anasta OMeley Myles Mason leaving to go play there, the **** does the same fucking thing. Hypocrite. Would not have him back.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The desperate Bulldogs are considering making a play to sign prodigal son Sonny Bill Williams for 2020.

Williams, aged 33, began his league career with the Bulldogs way back in 2004 and retains close ties with the club.

Only last week, he was set to present the players with their jumpers for round one before the massacre in Christchurch left him too distraught to perform the task.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a quick fix after performing poorly last season and then starting this year with a massive defeat at the hands of the Warriors.

Sonny Bill Williams after winning the 2004 grand final with the Bulldogs. (AAP)
The club is likely to deny the story, but Wide World Of Sports has heard that informal talks have already begun with the code-hopping star.

SBW’s influential manager Khoder Nasser prefers the brilliant athlete remain in rugby union, where he plays for the Auckland Blues, but Williams is believed to be tempted by the prospect of returning ‘home’ and helping his struggling club.

Sonny Bill Williams during his last NRL season, with the Roosters in 2014. (AAP)
Williams played five seasons with the Bulldogs from 2004 to 2008 before helping the Roosters to the premiership in 2013.

He has also dabbled in boxing and despite approaching his mid-30s, remains in peak physical condition.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sonny-...rs-offer/6d0a48d2-d3cb-49fa-a0c3-5eb979d76ba3

I'll go make some popcorn. ;)
I can confirm...it's more than a rumour,
I have known about this for approximately 6 months,
He feels the need to right what he did wrong by us, and if it works out he would play for a minimum wage if needed,
Most people in charge at Canterbury are in favor except for 2 prominent decision makers " I will not name "
My input on this, it looks set to happen !!!
Your thoughts ???

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He feels the need to right what he did wrong by us, and if it works out he would play for a minimum wage if needed,
Most people in charge at Canterbury are in favor except for 2 prominent decision makers " I will not name "
Your thoughts ???
Would laugh if one of the decision makers is the warriors shirt wearing traitor lol... i guess its the andersons though

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nick won't be around next season will he? I'd love to see the look on his cheating face if SBW did return to NRL but to the Dogs :sweatsmile:
Won't happen unless Nick approves it.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
What's the fukking point? By the time he gets the ball, the defense has rushed up anyway hence there's no way of getting him one on one where he's most damaging.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your thoughts ???
It would be crazy not to get this deal done, memberships will definitely increase dramatically, he will add another dimension to our game, and hopefully we can sign a few more quality players, which will make our great club competitive again!

mental1

New Pup
Reaction score
Its fucking amazing. He screwed us over, now we need some players its all forgiven? Fuck him and Klemmer.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Forrest Gump right now... and SBW is Jenny
After years of chasing her to be with her, she goes off and fucks every other guy on Earth and catches every disease under the Sun only to come back to be with me when she has 6 months left to live to make things right.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just what the side needs - another second rower.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick won't be around next season will he? I'd love to see the look on his cheating face if SBW did return to NRL but to the Dogs :sweatsmile:
Dont think he cares much. He has rep secondrowers at their peak in his team.
He probably laugh at our desperation.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe he can play Hooker or Fullback.?

Seriously for Fuck Sake,

It’s really disappointing that our club knows how emotional and loyal we are and uses it to hide the fact that this year is going to be a total disaster.

I have to give it to them, the 2019 promo video and all the articles about Dogs of War, bring back the madness, Lewis interviews and jersey presentation on the eve before round really had me believing this year would be something special.

Now this... SBW,
the club knows most fans will forgive him if he comes back and apologises and makes good on the past only because it makes us all remember the glory days of 2004 and the team that could of created a dynasty.

If they sign him it’s only being used as a distraction in the aftermath of the biggest defeat our mighty club has had in the modern era.