Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has a hand shake deal with uncle Nick, if he decided to comeback it will be with the roosters!
might have to shake uncle nicks dick as a deal breaker

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do kids like this guy still? Like would he attract memberships? He’s been out of the game for a while now.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Close ties with the club". Since ducking when??!! Since he walked out on us? What a load of crap.
Maybe he could pay the club and us fans back for deserting us, and come and play for peanuts??

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone who had walked out on the club/fans, playing in a position that we don't need any more players. At 33, he might still be able to play but definitely no longer the gun he was. Cannot think of a reason to sign him

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do get a feeling that being the type of person he is now that a return to our club to fix the wrongs of 08 could be on the cards. Yes we are stacked with backrowers but he is a superstar even at his age. signing him could be the difference of us signing other players aswell just as they would want the opportunity to play with him. not the dumbest move imo

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can honestly forgive him if he wants to return and make amends ... what he did was a shit go, but he was young had a lot of people in his ear... everybody is worthy of a second chance
I am with you, I was dirty with what he did but I will take him

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally, our rockstar fullback.

I didn’t think anything could be dumber than our performance on Saturday. But here we are, reading this article.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some what mixed feelings on sbw he left in shadey circumstances left a bitter taste in the mouth but if he wants to right the wrong ease the pain of regret and he’s genuine I lean towards yes

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sometimes you need a prize recruit to entice others to sign on let's face how many rejections from player have we had in past few years

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be alright with this signing, as long as the wage is low. It’ll show that it’s not about the money, and we could use someone of SBW’s name and skill.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes!!!!! Another backrower, just what we need.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So they made contact with the club, but it's only a 20% chance, based on what?
Based on if we can afford him under our cap, if we can find a TPA for him.

When I stated that this is not about money, what I'm saying is that money is not the main motivating force behind his decision to come regardless of what Politis does.
He still needs to get paid, he's not going to play for free. The main reason is he wants to finish where he left off, and to make right what he did wrong.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I always was a huge fan. But I think the time to come back has passed. Had he come back to the dogs during his 5 year rugby stint. Or even In 2013 the. Fair enough. Still at the top of his game. He will be 35 next August I think very few players are at their peak at that age.

If this happened 10 years ago or even 6 years ago I’d be happy to welcome him back. I just think the gimmick of him writing wrong for his own legacy or image does not interest me.

Good luck to him. All praise to him for setting himself up financially like very few rugby league players have. But we don’t require his services.

Give me a half, a fullback, a centre and a line bending front rower.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill forgive him, only if every player in our team in the year he walked out on them, forgive him publicly.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on if we can afford him under our cap, if we can find a TPA for him.

When I stated that this is not about money, what I'm saying is that money is not the main motivating force behind his decision to come regardless of what Politis does.
He still needs to get paid, he's not going to play for free. The main reason is he wants to finish where he left off, and to make right what he did wrong.
this does appear inline in how he conducts himself these days .. in the interviews ive seen of him you can tell hes is sorry for what he did , but he is also adamant that certain parties in Bulldogs admin did wrong by him also, so its one of those things ..

I'm still not sure how I feel about this.. I would like to know what he was promised and didn't receive when he left us in 2008...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No chance in hell. Will never forget him walking out on the club
Get over it... Plenty of mutual respect going around.

I truly don't want him anyway because we need to plug holes not a marketing gimmick that wont come cheap.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sometimes you need a prize recruit to entice others to sign on let's face how many rejections from player have we had in past few years
Sometimes u need money too. I wonder where the cash is coming from. May need to borrow some paper bags from uncle nick