• Yes

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • No, fuck him

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
The desperate Bulldogs are considering making a play to sign prodigal son Sonny Bill Williams for 2020.

Williams, aged 33, began his league career with the Bulldogs way back in 2004 and retains close ties with the club.

Only last week, he was set to present the players with their jumpers for round one before the massacre in Christchurch left him too distraught to perform the task.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a quick fix after performing poorly last season and then starting this year with a massive defeat at the hands of the Warriors.

Sonny Bill Williams after winning the 2004 grand final with the Bulldogs. (AAP)
The club is likely to deny the story, but Wide World Of Sports has heard that informal talks have already begun with the code-hopping star.

SBW’s influential manager Khoder Nasser prefers the brilliant athlete remain in rugby union, where he plays for the Auckland Blues, but Williams is believed to be tempted by the prospect of returning ‘home’ and helping his struggling club.

Sonny Bill Williams during his last NRL season, with the Roosters in 2014. (AAP)
Williams played five seasons with the Bulldogs from 2004 to 2008 before helping the Roosters to the premiership in 2013.

He has also dabbled in boxing and despite approaching his mid-30s, remains in peak physical condition.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sonny-...rs-offer/6d0a48d2-d3cb-49fa-a0c3-5eb979d76ba3

I'll go make some popcorn. ;)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The desperate Bulldogs are considering making a play to sign prodigal son Sonny Bill Williams for 2020.

Williams, aged 33, began his league career with the Bulldogs way back in 2004 and retains close ties with the club.

Only last week, he was set to present the players with their jumpers for round one before the massacre in Christchurch left him too distraught to perform the task.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a quick fix after performing poorly last season and then starting this year with a massive defeat at the hands of the Warriors.

The club is likely to deny the story, but Wide World Of Sports has heard that informal talks have already begun with the code-hopping star.

SBW’s influential manager Khoder Nasser prefers the brilliant athlete remain in rugby union, where he plays for the Auckland Blues, but Williams is believed to be tempted by the prospect of returning ‘home’ and helping his struggling club.

Williams played five seasons with the Bulldogs from 2004 to 2008 before helping the Roosters to the premiership in 2013.

He has also dabbled in boxing and despite approaching his mid-30s, remains in peak physical condition.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sonny-...rs-offer/6d0a48d2-d3cb-49fa-a0c3-5eb979d76ba3

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
meh.... wonder if the nrl would allow us to sign him on a 1 year "vanilla" contract... those special conditions are probably only applicable to the roosters though.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need all the help we can get.. i doubt Politis will let it happen though

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be a cool story but he dogged us before and we don't need anymore second rowers

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes an athlete it doesn't matter how old he is he would be an asset

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hes a prick...but i could live with
11. CHN
12. SBW
13. Jackson
Would only take him for a 1yr deal and make that clear and then piss him off... no point having him on the books and umming and ahhing wether to play on a 2nd season when so much quality is off contract for the 2021 season.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another backrower when we have been monstered in the middle

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a story

How would his form be, I mean shit, he ain't getting any younger

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d live with it, plus I think he’d be an alright senior role model for younger players and want people to come to the club

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a nice thought and would ruffle some feathers but i can't envision it happening. We also don't need anymore backrowers, ever.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sbw would be ok for a decent/ not ridiculous wage. Still would a good 9 2 centres and a prop.