Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of me agrees the lineup should remain the same - by immediately switching teams it doesn't look like Pay has a clue what the starting team should be/should have been (which reflects poorly on his coaching), however in saying that, another part of me says you can't reward mediocrity and the players who played poorly in positions we can make changes in (Holland/Montoya/Lichaa) should be made.

I'm willing to give this same team one more go around due to the fact NZ were playing on emotion and let's be honest, looked like they were on the rack during the contest.

Who knows, this thrashing may be a distant memory if we clean up parra and wests in the next few weeks.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Part of me agrees the lineup should remain the same - by immediately switching teams it doesn't look like Pay has a clue what the starting team should be/should have been (which reflects poorly on his coaching), however in saying that, another part of me says you can't reward mediocrity and the players who played poorly in positions we can make changes in (Holland/Montoya/Lichaa) should be made.

I'm willing to give this same team one more go around due to the fact NZ were playing on emotion and let's be honest, looked like they were on the rack during the contest.

Who knows, this thrashing may be a distant memory if we clean up parra and wests in the next few weeks.
I just want Montoya out and ill agree with you..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wont win, chn is the only player that even looked like he could last at least 60 minutes. And hes starting off bench again. Every other **** is playing out of position. It will take a miracle. Coach not good enough..... next ....

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Shakes head “ hoping for a win but not confident I can just see the parra backline rubbing their hands together talking about holland and Marcelo “I let trys in every game “ Montoya

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Other than this Lichaa and JMK embarrassment you can't change the team up after one game, you will end up chasing your tail around. IF they continue with last week after a couple more then yes, people need demoting or changing. We need to establish if last week was a one off first.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than this Lichaa and JMK embarrassment you can't change the team up after one game, you will end up chasing your tail around. IF they continue with last week after a couple more then yes, people need demoting or changing. We need to establish if last week was a one off first.
How about Montoya who has been nothing short of diabolical? He's a winger. Give someone else a go.

Lichaa is beyond dreadful.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about Montoya who has been nothing short of diabolical? He's a winger. Give someone else a go.

Lichaa is beyond dreadful.
Montoya isnta winger's asshole.

Lichaa should be playing for the bulls

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya isnta winger's asshole.

Lichaa should be playing for the bulls
Heaven knows why we signed either one of these duds to multi deals...

I won't mention us paying a million bucks for Foran who is as broken down as anything and wasn't even that good in the first place!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not really as if he has any other choices. Its round two, they deserve a chance to prove that it was just an off day. You can't just sack everyone after a loss.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not surprised. Everyone, even our good players, looked tired, lazy and played average or worse. It would be unfair to single one or two players out and drop them after that performance. You'd have to drop 6 or 7... I do think we need changes in the coming weeks though. A couple areas of concern to me;
1) Our inability to make yards returning the ball from kicks on tackles 1 and 2. Crichton is no Utai and then Montoya, holland and smith just get gobbled up as well. A lot of the time we had only made 10 metres by the 3rd tackle. Its not good enough and it contributed to our negative attitude towards playing attacking football. We did not get any penalties either, unlike last year where the refs would piggy back you up the field.. We might need to bite the bullet and give Okunbor a run purely for this purpose alone.
2) Our kicking game was well short of where it needs to be. We took the wrong option a lot of the time and a few of the ones that resulted in 7 tackle sets resulted in tries for the Warriors. I think Foran and Lewis are good enough to address this.
3) Our bench rotation. Too many players that are the same sort of player. I like Elliott but he is just a poor mans Jackson. I'd replace him with Smith or Martin and then shuffle the backrow to accomodate the new lock. JMK offers nothing from the bench which is a shame because Lichaa offers nothing on the field. Pick one and give the bench spot to Ogden.

I'm positive Sunday will be a complete 180 degree performance. I just hope it is enough to win. Go the Dogs!
Well said. I agree JMK can fuck right off. He offers nothing. For an and Lewis will come good when our forwards make some metres. We will come good this weekend.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden in. Could not care who he replaces. You know he'll show up and dent the defence.

Martin in at least he'll keep the left side edge ticking. Plus he'll show up

Holland back to right centre. Put his boy band back with jacko and smith.

Left side.. Fmd. Hard one.. Maybe just stick 2 defenders out there! Or Hoppa and midget and meaney to fb. Hoppa swaps to wing on 5th tackle to negate the midget being nothing more than a hurdle for Ferguson to jump over!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is he trying to get fired?

I get people saying you shouldn't change the team after one bad loss but it was the first game of the season so it's not like they had one bad game in the middle of a long season... Everyone is fit and that's what they dished up??

Plus, there were many problems with the selections in the first place. Pay let them play footy the last several games last season but for most of the season he was quite negative and conservative in his tactics.

It seems he's gone back to that to try and grind out wins to keep his job. But it's him taking the reins off last season that will help him keep his job, not playing Desball 2.0

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand no need for a knee jerk reaction after first game, but fucken seriously we looked like a reserve grade side and got arse raped last week.

how can you not drop one or two players just based on the embarrassment last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.