Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. Talking trains it’s sad they finally crushed the last of the S sets. Loved the smell of the old Sweat Set Ridgys breaks doing loops around the city circle in the middle of summer. RIP
you know what iit's alll about... they will be dearly missed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What I have always found funny is when people say shit like, ohh I don't like the tagging but I like the street art... which is fair enough... but they don't understand that when they are giving praise to an artist doing a commission or a gallery or whatever.. chances are that same person will go out that night and paint a train, or a track side, or whatever... except for certain losers who never got up but take all the glory for the effort put in by real writers
Yeah but there's a difference between art and vandalism.

Scribbling letters and shit all over the place is just being a ****... no two ways about it. It's not art, it's vandalism.

But a nice murial (and I can appreciate that), has artistic value and is nice to look at.

To give you an example nearby where I live there is heaps of new development. One of the estates has a brick wall that faces the street and protects the homes that back onto the road from noise. It's been up probably 6 months at most, and some dickhead has already scrawled shit all over it. If that was the back of my place I'd be insanely fucked off about that.

On the flipside a few streets away there is a big development with panelled fencing all the way around. It's probably been there 12-18 months, and they had local graf artists do some pretty cool murials along it. That looked quite nice, but in blank sections and over some of the murials some stupid ***** vandalised/tagged shit over them.

Complete lack of respect for others properties.

Maybe the Premier could spend her millions on bringing back country trains instead of building tunnels under Sydney, Glenn Innes first up.
Little demand or industry up there to demand train services. Far more in Sydney to get commuters around.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but there's a difference between art and vandalism.

Scribbling letters and shit all over the place is just being a ****... no two ways about it. It's not art, it's vandalism.

But a nice murial (and I can appreciate that), has artistic value and is nice to look at.

To give you an example nearby where I live there is heaps of new development. One of the estates has a brick wall that faces the street and protects the homes that back onto the road from noise. It's been up probably 6 months at most, and some dickhead has already scrawled shit all over it. If that was the back of my place I'd be insanely fucked off about that.

On the flipside a few streets away there is a big development with panelled fencing all the way around. It's probably been there 12-18 months, and they had local graf artists do some pretty cool murials along it. That looked quite nice, but in blank sections and over some of the murials some stupid ***** vandalised/tagged shit over them.

Complete lack of respect for others properties.

Little demand or industry up there to demand train services. Far more in Sydney to get commuters around.

what you call scribble, others might consider art... just because it is done illegally does not mean it is not art... I mean look at the amount of people who froth over anything Banksy does, or Shepard Fairey.... but I was more trying to point out the irony of how people will praise a street, or 'mural artist' and condemn a "vandal" not realising that it's the same person :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
what you call scribble, others might consider art... just because it is done illegally does not mean it is not art... I mean look at the amount of people who froth over anything Banksy does, or Shepard Fairey.... but I was more trying to point out the irony of how people will praise a street, or 'mural artist' and condemn a "vandal" not realising that it's the same person :grinning:
I do agree there, but tagging shit is not art. Even Graf artists don't consider it as such.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do agree there, but tagging shit is not art. Even Graf artists don't consider it as such.
maybe not the act itself, but good hand styles are very highly regarded in the graff scene... I will admit that a lot of what you see around Sydney now is rubbish, but we had some of the best in the business from the 80s to early "noughties"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Ecca have you ever had any weird train drivers? I had one yesterday... "Aloha! I'm in an 'Aloha' kind of mood. Welcome aboard your Sydney Trains Service..." then after she finished saying the stations, she said "By the way, the train driver and I hope you had a lovely Monday and that you're heading into an enjoyable evening..." - I mean she was a nice enough lady trying to uplift everyone's mood but come on... have you ever had anyone unique... or even the one I just mentioned lol?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Im in the Ja XTC or Cap MPC or Oker GSD camp anyday over a Saber MSK or Sofles.. Dont hate Banksy though if you can make money like he does off his stuff the more power to him.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@Ecca have you ever had any weird train drivers? I had one yesterday... "Aloha! I'm in an 'Aloha' kind of mood. Welcome aboard your Sydney Trains Service..." then after she finished saying the stations, she said "By the way, the train driver and I hope you had a lovely Monday and that you're heading into an enjoyable evening..." - I mean she was a nice enough lady trying to uplift everyone's mood but come on... have you ever had anyone unique... or even the one I just mentioned lol?
It is the guard that makes the announcements, us Drivers are solitary types who sit up the front music blaring (at a suitable level) making the train move when the guard rings the bell to tell us all is clear, and stopping at the next station.

but yes, there are some UNIQUE individuals on the railways

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Bro tagging is the foundation of it all. Cant tag then noone in graff will respect you. Most cities have a unique style as does Sydney New York influenced public style with the Sydney twist. But places like Sao Paulo thats all that they care about is the tag. Their Pixacao style is all that matters. Same as places like Philadelphia its all about the handstyle the colourful stuff grandma likes comes second. Give me an ugly rap word spray than a piece anyday. Still think like gladys said though they should chop off their hands if caught graffiti-ising..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It is the guard that makes the announcements, us Drivers are solitary types who sit up the front music blaring (at a suitable level) making the train move when the guard rings the bell to tell us all is clear, and stopping at the next station.

but yes, there are some UNIQUE individuals on the railways
Yeah I meant the guards sorry lol.

Come on bro you can't leave us hanging like that, tell us some stories of some of the unique characters you've had :grinning:

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I meant the guards sorry lol.

Come on bro you can't leave us hanging like that, tell us some stories of some of the unique characters you've had :grinning:
over a few beers yes!, online... NOOOOPE!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im in the Ja XTC or Cap MPC or Oker GSD camp anyday over a Saber MSK or Sofles.. Dont hate Banksy though if you can make money like he does off his stuff the more power to him.
Yeah me too, I'm not into the whole "rockstar writer" approach, makes me cringe... Not really a big fan of Banksy either but illegal is illegal and if his work is art, then so is Ja, Cap or Oker bombing... I mean just because a large percentage of the public don't like it, doesn't make it not artistic.. Cap's throw ups are timeless

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Someone probably just got back from a holiday in Hawaii!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a simpleton like me can you explain what you are talking about ?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
For a simpleton like me can you explain what you are talking about ?
JA is a New York legend he comes from a wealthy family (His father directed Rocky ect) He is named after his dad so if you look up who directed those movies you will work out what JA stands for. Cap was a legend in the 70’s New York. He hated the colourful graffiti and was all about damage and going over everyone. He became hated but respected as he could back up his actions. Oker is a London legend he has hooked up with some of the OG’s of graff like JA and he is just a pure bomber. Aka just out to do damage. He has a well known face he does in his throwys.

Saber is a well respect graff artist that does techical pieces JA went over him to send a message that what he does is shit. Sofles is a well respect graffiti writer from Brisbane and is quite talented. Most people on here would like his stuff over JA or Cap.

Last edited: