Major changes needed for week 2

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Good side, but here are my tweaks. Holland should get a chance to partner with R. Smith.

01. Nick Meaney
02. Chrichton
03. Hoppa
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. JMK
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. CHN
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Sue
15. RFM
16. Danny Fualalo or some other #largeforward
17. Ofahiki Ogden or some other #largeforward
This is the best team we can put out there.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And how do we do that apart from have our owner run the NRL board too?
We tried cheating, we can’t even do that right.
All we have to do is systematically rort the cap and ensure that our CEO self reports to the NRL before they find out for themselves.

That will ensure that any Premiership that we may or may not win, will remain in the cabinet and on record. And any monetary punishment will be reduced, which our thriving leagues club will be able to deal with comfortably.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have a crazy idea... how about we do as people suggested slap meany and just persist with him at fb... get rid of Montoya and slap hoppa at centre. Swap sides for Holland and smith and put jacko back on the edges. I will keep the halves and if pay is a sook and wants to persist with licha then bench him and he can cover for lock or second row as a desperate strategy. I’m all for dropping him to reggies but if pay needs him in the team then I don’t see why he wouldn’t be fitted somewhere better where all he has to do is defend. To me licha looks like a centre/lock who wants to play hooker. He can defend and that’s about it. He can’t read the play or the game and just goes out there hoping some miricale will happen and defenders will open a hole for him.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you talking about. Pay is responsible for half the team.
Sorry to hear people don't want Pay to have a chance,Hasler is resposable for the shit the clubs in playerwise no one else and for a few years yet .The whole forward pack were soft even the best 6 and 7 would have struggled behind them.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pick the same squad, fuck it... let's find out who is ready to stand up, and who needs some time in reserve grade

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Amazing how everyone but Pay thinks Martin/Jacko/CHN is our best backrow...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pick the same squad, fuck it... let's find out who is ready to stand up, and who needs some time in reserve grade
That what will happen but we all already know what Pay needs to do.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Katoa
3. Hopoate
4. Smith
5. Crighton
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Sue
9. Foran
10. Fualalo
11. CNH
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Napa
16. Ogden
17. Elliott

Throwing it out there...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of these quick fix little position swaps are gonna do shit. There is about 8 blokes to start with that need cutt or traded if there lucky enough all together. Needs to start happening fast as does finding a good coach fast. Deano is out of his depth. And if anderson takes over where even more fucked............. fuck me....

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney
2. Reimis Smith
3. CHN
4. Will Hopoate
5. Christian Chrichton
6. Kieran Foran
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Suasoe Sue
9. Jmk(only cause there’s no one else)
10. Dylan Napa
11.Josh Jackson
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Rhyse Martin

14.Adam Elliot
15.Danny Fualalo
16. Ofahiki Ogden
17. Aiden Tolman

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That what will happen but we all already know what Pay needs to do.
Pay may already know what he needs to do, but chopping & changing now will make him look weak & lacking coaching skills to his own players, to the board, and to anyone with half a brain. He knows if he were to change everything now it'd be throwing out all his preseason and make himself look like a right tit.

If we continue on this way. IF we do. Then he'll make changes soon enough I would hope, but definitely not after one game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay may already know what he needs to do, but chopping & changing now will make him look weak & lacking coaching skills to his own players, to the board, and to anyone with half a brain. He knows if he were to change everything now it'd be throwing out all his preseason and make himself look like a right tit.

If we continue on this way. IF we do. Then he'll make changes soon enough I would hope, but definitely not after one game.
Exactly right which is scary for the club. Let's hope his plan works for the clubs sake but yeah I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was told by a retired captain that martin did not have a go in pre season, pay wants him to prove he wants it....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

admitting fault is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of strength.. not admitting you got it wrong, being stubborn, ignorant and arrogant is a sign of weakness..

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was told by a retired captain that martin did not have a go in pre season, pay wants him to prove he wants it....
I got told he was one of the poorest trainers this pre-season. And his body shape tells it.... unless he is hungry, we can't bring him in

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got told he was one of the poorest trainers this pre-season. And his body shape tells it.... unless he is hungry, we can't bring him in
ive been told the same thing, his attitude was extremely poor and bragged to fellow players how he was set to get a maroons jersey this year .. he was sent back to reserve grade in an attempt to ground him again.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
admitting fault is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of strength.. not admitting you got it wrong, being stubborn, ignorant and arrogant is a sign of weakness..
That may well be, but to make plans for months then throw them completely out of the window after only one game is completely mental and the sign of someone utterly clueless and incompetant.

Seriously think about it for a second. You train with Pay all preseason with him barking certain things building you up for the first game. Then after ONE bad game he throws it out the window, throws X amount of players under the bus and says:

"Sorry boys. All that training preseason was for nothing. I got it wrong. I'm changing up the team so you better get this right because if you don't play well next week I'll have to change it all up again!"

The players have to trust in Pay and that he has the answers. There's a much bigger picture in all of this.

Get what everyone is saying here, I really do. The last thing I want is for us to play this way but we can't judge Pay or the team after one round. Give him a few games at least ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ive been told the same thing, his attitude was extremely poor and bragged to fellow players how he was set to get a maroons jersey this year .. he was sent back to reserve grade in an attempt to ground him again.
But let's rush him in like everyone is asking Pay to do because they obviously know better than Pay ....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That may well be, but to make plans for months then throw them completely out of the window after only one game is completely mental and the sign of someone utterly clueless and incompetant.

Seriously think about it for a second. You train with Pay all preseason with him barking certain things building you up for the first game. Then after ONE bad game he throws it out the window, throws X amount of players under the bus and says:

"Sorry boys. All that training preseason was for nothing. I got it wrong. I'm changing up the team so you better get this right because if you don't play well next week I'll have to change it all up again!"

The players have to trust in Pay and that he has the answers. There's a much bigger picture in all of this.

Get what everyone is saying here, I really do. The last thing I want is for us to play this way but we can't judge Pay or the team after one round. Give him a few games at least ...
it was also stated a thousand times in the preseason that no ones positions is guaranteed.. and after that performance, a sign of strength would be to drop players for poor performance...

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree,
However let’s not jump at shadows.
Analysing the game:-
Besides the emotional factor re Christchurch, the Warriors were peaked for this opener, as I mentioned last year they put 30+ points on the Roosters & Rabbitohs in the first 4 rounds.

Jackson had shoulder surgery in the offseason, it showed as his defensive collisions weren’t what we’ve come to expect from him.
Napa had an interrupted preseason & it showed within the first 4 sets he was gassed.
Napa should start from the bench.
These are 2 of your important forwards underdone against an aggressive, mobile forward pack & we’re on the back foot from the start. This doesn’t help our halves who lack pace not just in their feet, but between the ears.

RFM was very disappointing & his defence was appalling, back to the bench CHN to start.

Our 2 tries conceded came from kicks, our defensive reads & adjustments/communication needs to be better. Smith was caught out with compressing defensive leaving 15mtr corridor for a lollipop kick to their winger. Crichton cannot play on the wing due to his stature we’ll see a lot of kicks to his side, I would play him in the centres & replace with Montoya ( we really have no other options at this stage).
Holland is woeful defensively, both in his decision making & technique not NRL standard.

JMK offers nothing out of dummy half & zero impact off the bench.
Let’s not write them off yet, give them until R4.
This is the reality of our roster :-
You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear......

Last edited: