Bulldogs can't sign high-priced recruits for three years: CEO

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reaction this week is far more important than the result last week and only then should we be casting full judgement .. I'm not excusing a terrible disgusting performance, however the attitude of the players after a setback says a lot about their character..
THIS

If we produce another performance like that. If we don't come out swinging. If we don't show heart. If we're not at the very least competitive THEN I'll be standing with many of you guys calling for heads. I don't think that'll happen, and I do believe we'll turn things around.

Time will tell.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
newcastle were 100x worse than what we are and they have since managed to land ponga, klemmer, pearce, moga, ramien ect, any of those players would make it in our starting side. Once you land one decent player there is every chance you can turn it around and sign more quality. You only have to look back at 2009 to see that its possible
Yea and they had brown NRL paper bags to help em , I mentioned 2009 mate , the clubs fkd for awhile to come imo

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Well maybe we shouldn’t have pushed away talented players when we had them. Cook and Finucane have been done to death but they would have made a difference out there.
Lane was immense yesterday and has always had that ability. We also pushed out Herman Ese’ese. Sometimes you just need to keep the good players you have it’s not just about signings. Btw I’m aware we got RFM when we lost Lane but should have kept both
Blame Des fkd the joint lost em all to keep She-Rex , fkd us royally

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure our 2019 cap is pretty maxed out, 2020 we have some room and 2021 we could probably offer anyone anything

its important to not go nuts, we already worsened the situation by signing napa is a long term deal on overs

go hard for the right players not any player.
I always hated the Napa deal, never a fan. One strike against Pay for me tbh

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD did someone leave the telegraph in the toilet and just see it to wipe their arse because that's where it now belongs

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no way we are a million under the cap.
Yep we wanted top flight hooker and centre. None were available. Remember...anyone half decent were already locked in when the Klemmer saga blew up. We will use the space to front end some contracts freeing up more space next couple of years.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bang on!
I don't buy the "they aren't that good, they just play in an inferior competition".
I really like Warrington back rower Ben Currie.... fuck Elliot, Martin and Mariner. I want to have a back row of;
11. CHN
12. Currie
13. Jackson
As for props, Walmsley and Thompson from St.Helens are excellent.
I like Currie good player but he is coming back from 2 ACL injuries and is only 24 years old bit of a risk I think not worth taking.

walmsley l don’t rate tbh, but Thompson from St.Helens is a very good player will look awesome in a dogs jersey reminds me of a young James graham would love him in our pack big ️.

also wouldn’t mind theo fages to play half and mark Percival in the CTW.

I know one can dream right.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bang on!
I don't buy the "they aren't that good, they just play in an inferior competition".
I really like Warrington back rower Ben Currie.... fuck Elliot, Martin and Mariner. I want to have a back row of;
11. CHN
12. Currie
13. Jackson
John Bateman on debut for the Raiders on Sunday looks like a real handy pickup.. The guys from the UK come out here and rip in... unlike some of the lazy pricks we have had in our squad over the past 5 years

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I like Currie good player but he is coming back from 2 ACL injuries and is only 24 years old bit of a risk I think not worth taking.

walmsley l don’t rate tbh, but Thompson from St.Helens is a very good player will look awesome in a dogs jersey reminds me of a young James graham would love him in our pack big ️.

also wouldn’t mind theo fages to play half and mark Percival in the CTW.

I know one can dream right.
Rumours today that 2 nrl clubs are very interested in signing Fages

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Bang on!
11. CHN
12. Currie
13. Jackson
One player from the Super League who is a gun and has unreal footwork is Kallum Watkins who plays center. He is contracted to Leeds till 2020 same as Ben Currie but you never know SL players break contract left right and center

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One player from the Super League who is a gun and has unreal footwork is Kallum Watkins who plays center. He is contracted to Leeds till 2020 same as Ben Currie but you never know SL players break contract left right and center
yeah i always liked watkins. a more polished verison of hoppa at centre with commitment in defence. he only just come back from a big injury and Leeds are really struggling atm, hes the club captain aswell.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All a excuse to give the board abit of time too build their own team . They did not want too succeed with any of des or rays decisions . So they decided to clear the house and rebuild . Problem is they got rid of the best players in the squad . Issue now is they are giving false hope off is being a better team this year , I know it’s round 1 but please we do not have the roster too compete week in week out . Disappointing but we will need 4/5 years too get back on the big stage .

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What frustrates me more is that everyone at the club came out and said we will change the way we play to what we did under des ???? Helloooo I see the same structure but with even worse execution. I will get hammered for this but I would have preferred to watch des manage and see what he could have done with the team as he was making changes at the time .