Major changes needed for week 2

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
6. Lewis...he isn't a halfback .
7. Foran...should be in control at halfback, needs an early ball .
I agree with the Lewis comment 100% but I think we should bite the bullet and put Cogger at 7. Foran is not a dog and almost not a first grader these days. Maybe we could straight swap Foran with Josh Reynolds at the Tigers and get a real dog back ar Belmore ...... ;)
Nothing is certain with our team these days ...
But this could be worth a shot !!!
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
3. Holland
4. CHN...he would be a better center then all our centers and could combine well with Crichton .
5. Smith
6. Lewis...he isn't a halfback .
7. Foran...should be in control at halfback, needs an early ball .

8. Tolman
9. :anguished:?>:( ? >:(?...A problem with no solution !!!
10. Fualalo...can provide the go forward that is lacking .

11. Jackson
12 RFM...his defence could save him, needs to do more in attack.
13. Napa...not a meter-eater but can be very effective as a running lock .
14. Cogger...utility.

15. Elliot
16. Sue
17. Any of the big Big PROPS for impact !!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion we should try centres of hoppa and harper. Meaney at fullback. Ogden on bench. Martin to second row with chn. Jackson lock. I know with the too 30 garbage we can promote anyone else but would be good to see how young ryan gray went at hooker. If your good enough age is nothing.
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Crighton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Sue
9. JMK (pick of bad bunch)
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. RFM
15. Elliot
16. Tolman
17. Ogden

18. Saddler (give him time he will be a metre eater)
19. Toomaga
20. Cogger
21. Holland

If forans still not doing fuck all after a month or so drop him and promote cogger and see if a stint in reggies gets him going. Big fan of saddler, pretty sure he’s injured at the moment but hes a big human and hopefully is a main stay of the team in a few years.

No doubts next season we need to go hard for a hooker and some strike outside backs. Hoppa is handy but we saw what the speed and size of warriors did to us. And well lichaa, no need to even finish that sentence. I haven’t seen much of robson or younger brailey, i wonder if theres any other hodgson types in england or see if parcell wants to return to Australia
Saddler is listed as been 201 cm tall and only 91 kg, if his stats are correct he is a stick, so no wonder he's always injured.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give the kid a break! He’s 20 FFS He’s returning from offseason minor knee surgery (meniscal tear)late November
Yeah so he’s miles away from NRL injury or not.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The risk with promoting someone who isn't ready is that they loose confidence and in a fullback confidence is everything. The other risk is injury, for someone without the physical stamina to withstand the pounding they get week in and week out is that they will get injury after injury which eventually turns long term. It's ever so easy to look at their playing ability but ignore the other attributes that are mandatory in a long term NRL player. That's why plenty (me included) don't want Meaney promoted before his time. It's up to the coaching staff to decide when the time is right, they have a far better idea on that they we ever will.

Go Dogs
Great post I think we should should not trial the up and comers Meaney, Harper and perhaps 1 or 2 others in FG until at least rd.10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the Lewis comment 100% but I think we should bite the bullet and put Cogger at 7. Foran is not a dog and almost not a first grader these days. Maybe we could straight swap Foran with Josh Reynolds at the Tigers and get a real dog back ar Belmore ...... ;)

images (5).jpeg

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopoate isn't sinking and there is very little risk of that happening any time soon. Why take the risk, the downside is huge and the upside is unknown. There are plenty of other positions that are in far more need of "fixing" than fullback. Let's puts the effort/risk where there is the most potential for reward.

Go Dogs
The team desperately needs Hopoate’s meters.
He ran for 271 meters on Saturday, I saw lots of comments like “so what” “ineffective meters” .

But the team really needed those meters and will need the meters Hopate eats every game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to pick 4 forwards on the bench because our fitness sux and our middles are getting blasted

He needs to find a starting spot for CHN who was the only one bending the line

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The team desperately needs Hopoate’s meters.
He ran for 271 meters on Saturday, I saw lots of comments like “so what” “ineffective meters” .

But the team really needed those meters and will need the meters Hopate eats every game.
Nah. Hoppa always jumping in and doing the hard yards are near pointless and just makes everyone lazy. Everyone needs to get a grip, raise their work ethic and share the load.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah. Hoppa always jumping in and doing the hard yards are near pointless and just makes everyone lazy. Everyone needs to get a grip, raise their work ethic and share the load.
Agree

Tolman ran for 157m

But he takes two hit up a set and at wrong times and doesn’t bend line or offload so it’s fkn predictable

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saddler is listed as been 201 cm tall and only 91 kg, if his stats are correct he is a stick, so no wonder he's always injured.
Yeah give him time he is only young. Klemmer was a stick when he came in to grade

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who is our halves coach? Do we even have one? If not get Matty Johns to some training sessions and get Lewis and co to pick his brain to bits! Also I really think Grimaldi has had enough time as a trainer I think we have looked tired after 40min for too many years now. Time for a change get a Billy Johnstone/Trevor Gilmeister type who will get these blokes running and hitting as hard in the 70th min as they did in the 1st. We have probably one of the best facilities in the league but still look miles behind other teams!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good side, but here are my tweaks. Holland should get a chance to partner with R. Smith.

01. Nick Meaney
02. Chrichton
03. Hoppa
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. JMK
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. CHN
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Sue
15. RFM
16. Danny Fualalo or some other #largeforward
17. Ofahiki Ogden or some other #largeforward
Thats a ripper team

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree

Tolman ran for 157m

But he takes two hit up a set and at wrong times and doesn’t bend line or offload so it’s fkn predictable
I actually thought Tolman's workload was well harnessed on Saturday and his runs were pretty effective.

14 hit ups for 157 metres is nothing to complain about. Didn't see any of the 2 carries per set you referred to also.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah give him time he is only young. Klemmer was a stick when he came in to grade
Iv seen saddler play Sydney shield and flegg - he is big, well over 100kgs - but at the moment he is not very good.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Based on the shit showing I had to witness live in what was fkn embarrassing

I would pick this team that Pay won’t pick

Meaney
Crichton
Hoppa
Holland
Smith
Foran
Lewis

Napa
JMK
Tolman
CHN
Martin
Jackson

Bench
Fualolo
RFM
Jesse
Chris Smith

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No our club has to catch up to the others. Its obvious you can bend the rules with the cap and we aren’t doing it. Nice guys finish last and we need to explore every loophole possible. Pointing the finger and whinging about it does nothing we have to be better then they are exploiting the rules.
And how do we do that apart from have our owner run the NRL board too?
We tried cheating, we can’t even do that right.

DogfanQld

Waterboy
Reaction score
Montoya should not be in first grade fullstop. Absolutely hopeless has he caught Deano fucking a pig? Come on mate your were tough as nails don’t play sub standard players in first grade , I thought Elliott was bad too and Foran should all be replaced for next week .The only forward that stood out was CHN he should be an automatic selection for next week and Sue he made yards and Rhysee Martin should be given his slot back .

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been to NZ.

If you are saying that the Warriors played well on the back of emotion that is one thing. But that's not what you're saying. You're saying we played badly because of it which is a cop out.

Anyway as you say there should be some changes next week. Rhyse Martin should walk straight back into a starting pack that looks overwhelmingly soft. Hoppa would not have played as bad as Montoya or Holland in the centres so that idea should be given considerable thought.
Is habs and habibsta the same person?