Why would anyone want to come play for the Bulldogs ?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on you mate you are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion funny of the so called low class fans turn on their own supporter base and put labels on them actually this is what really stinks you can go to an area that in your opinion does not stink and support that team shameful really. It is an insult to all people that live in the district.
Whatever. Look, I'm not usually like that but yesterday's shit house effort made me so fucking angry and my comment was out of character. But for your info I was speaking of the club not the area so you can get off your high horse.

Don't tell me how to support the club I've been supporting for over 30 years, champ, and don't tell me to follow some other club, it's not how we roll here you will learn. You would know that and be less sensitive if you had been here for more than 5 minutes.

Learn to use some punctuation, I hate translating poor English. If you wanted to have a go at me the least you could do is put a few commas in. It's very low class of you.

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am seriously concerned for our club...
Who the fuck is going to want and come play for us when clearly all our coaching structures are terrible and geographically we aren't as appealing as other clubs...
Forget about getting Robson or Brailey they aren't going to want to play behind our powderpuff pack when Roosters and Cowboys are asking for their services.

Knights went through this but lets be honest they aren't out of the hole just yet... and if Cronk doesn't leave Melbourne for love, then Pearce is still at the Roosters and they likely don't have the squad they have now...

Like a lot of people have said we shouldn't expect anything until 2020-2021. The only thing we can do now is keep supporting the club and look forward to potential recruitment if any poor soul is brave enough to take us on.
Don’t be concerned mate.
It’s going to take time
We all know that even if we can’t accept it.

Players follow the coin

Once we are in a position to shed dead wood and recruit decent players you will see improvement

Whilst most of us, me included had false hope for the season, we did mostly know deep inside this would be another tough year

Thing is it’s just one game

Let’s not be too defeatist just yet

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One loss, and and yes it was an appalling loss, and everyone is convinced the sky is falling!
Mark my words, the terrible terrorist attack in NZ had a massive impact on how well the Warriors played. They played out of their skins yesterday, and I honestly think that it was more a case of the warriors playing really well, then it was a case of the dogs playing so terrible.
Sure we weren't good, but we never even had a chance given how dominant the warriors were.
It was horrible to watch watch, and definitely not what we all hoped for after a looooong off season, but we will bounce back. It's a long season.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Honestly only a small percentage of players are good enough to choose where they go to play. The rest will take the opportunities and money to play where there is an opening.

P.S Just as we always hear, they have short careers so there's no time to fuk around being picky!

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good on you mate you are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion funny of the so called low class fans turn on their own supporter base and put labels on them actually this is what really stinks you can go to an area that in your opinion does not stink and support that team shameful really. It is an insult to all people that live in the district.
The last time I went to Belmore to watch the boys train the air smelt nice. Then walked up to the leagues club to have lunch and all I could smell was nice food. No bad smell in Belmore lol

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In fairness everyone was saying that about the Knights and they have done well to attract players...
One important difference, the Knights have a legend named Johns who installs confidence, lobbies hard and got the ear of the selectors. Every team got a high profile man in the media or connected to the club that splashes bullshit and PR. All we have are Ennis and Anasta who delight in taking the piss out of us.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all sort of new it was gonna be a tough year a head the new board inherited a shit storm in all aspects the old board would have lied about it all where as the new one have taken it on board and are trying to fix stuff within the club they haven’t winged and blamed the last board or made a song and dance about it will take time for them to fix it all and it’s just a shit deal all round

I don’t know how any club would let any of them people who fucked our club anywhere near there’s Hasler fucked manlys roster 7 years ago it’s taken then till now to fix it and he done it to us

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There were rumors even McGuire turn us down. Maybe we should of given Dymock a go when Desshit left. Anyway it was Dib who signed up Pay.
ohhh lets please not mention Dib & Co any more .. i still have nightmares

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One important difference, the Knights have a legend named Johns who installs confidence, lobbies hard and got the ear of the selectors. Every team got a high profile man in the media or connected to the club that splashes bullshit and PR. All we have are Ennis and Anasta who delight in taking the piss out of us.
Isn’t the lifestyle in Newcastle / Hunter Valley pretty attractive? Wouldn’t be a hard sell for those tired of Sydney and media bubble.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need to let a couple of games go and see where we are. As a club we seem to be getting everything into line so success and recruits will come. But i understand the meaning of the thread, Rugby League clubs are measured and everything around the club runs off winning on the weekend. Its a satrt to have Old Bulldogs back and Old Club values etc but we need to win games

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn’t the lifestyle in Newcastle / Hunter Valley pretty attractive? Wouldn’t be a hard sell for those tired of Sydney and media bubble.
Double Sydney's unemployment (important for the players family and children), which is not getting any better since its major industries are coal, steel & electricity generation, poor choice of schools, lack of decent infrastructure, including public transport, nobody tours there so most people that I know who live in that area travel to Sydney regularly for live entertainment etc etc. Melbourne were there is no NRL media and Brisbane / Townsville were the media are all life members are far better choices if you want to stay out of the limelight.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Double Sydney's unemployment (important for the players family and children), which is not getting any better since its major industries are coal, steel & electricity generation, poor choice of schools, lack of decent infrastructure, including public transport, nobody tours there so most people that I know who live in that area travel to Sydney regularly for live entertainment etc etc. Melbourne were there is no NRL media and Brisbane / Townsville were the media are all life members are far better choices if you want to stay out of the limelight.

Go Dogs
I would not raise children in most of Lake Mac or anywhere between Hamilton and Maitland... absolutely feral,, Klemmer will fit right in

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would not raise children in most of Lake Mac or anywhere between Hamilton and Maitland... absolutely feral,, Klemmer will fit right in
Some great areas, but yes feral like all places. Lake Mac, charlestown (away from windale side) is good. Warners Bay, Valentine (which I think were Klemmer is) Whitebridge (chiefs house, been there for his daughters 21st) all all mint areas. As for closer to Newcastle itself, i only really like new lambton, rankin park and kotara

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best recruiting we can do is from the grass roots. Get the 15-16 year olds in our system. You can teach the family club thing to a 25 year old. Napa will never get it.

But our local juniors from 12 see it every game.

If we do bring through half a dozen young kids the rest follows. Just like sonny, mason (to an extent), asotasi, Thurston, Ben Harris, sherwin. A lot of that group had lots of success in u21 and reserve grade (fair enough mason and Sherwin were in a different age group). But it’s that core that propelled us to a competitive few years even getting close to another GF in 2006.

Fair enough the management and coaching at the time rubbed them up the wrong way and most of that core left.

But most successful teams (apart from the roosters) are built from the ground up. And Hasler never really developed any young talent or brought in any kids. He was more obsessed with finding a 27 year old on 150k that will moneyball his way into first grade based on analytics. Instead of getting 15-16 year olds and making a strong youth program.

Anyways let’s see what the front office and the coaches can do this year. And see if there is a chance to build for the future.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some great areas, but yes feral like all places. Lake Mac, charlestown (away from windale side) is good. Warners Bay, Valentine (which I think were Klemmer is) Whitebridge (chiefs house, been there for his daughters 21st) all all mint areas. As for closer to Newcastle itself, i only really like new lambton, rankin park and kotara

problem is though, like any small town.. wherever you situate yourself, you're going to deal with the filth....I lived in town there in 2011 and couldn't deal with all the junkies that get around in the city.... nice to visit, but not so great to live.