Major changes needed for week 2

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know its negative. But i can't see where our points come from. We are out of our depth in the nrl atm
Yeah it’s going up be a struggle. We need to get ball to Smith I’d even consider moving him to centre just to get him more involved.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How about this.... throw the cheque book heck throw the leagues club at Bellamy and staff and bring them to the dogs. We need a total clean out and need consistency introduced back into the club. Melbourne are the old dogs. Tough smart and difficult to win against. Starts from the top and no matter who we sign the place stinks of Des crap and it seems like it’s gojng to take a miricale to get rid of it.
thats similar to the des move. we need to find our own style again.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So the first change is to get RFM, Holland and Montana to use their shoulders in tackles!!!!
What was the shit of tackling using only their arms.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Move Holland back to the right to give us that Smith-Holland combo that worked so well last year. Bring in CHN into centre for his defense. Hopoate and Meaney to switch in the game to give Meaney experience before he takes over permanently. JJ moves to lock with RFM moving back to the left and Martin coming into the team.

01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Corey Harawira-Naera
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jack Cogger
15. Adam Elliott
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Ofahiki Ogden
Warriors played aggressive, we didn’t match that. Fix the back 5 then we will win games. My pick would be
1.meaney
2. Chrichon
3.smith
4.hoppa
5.chn (strong, defender and good ball runner)
13.martin (gk and support play)
14.holland (x factor)
15.elliot
16.sue
17.chris Smith (quick, offloader and tuff)

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why he moved him is a bloody mystery but maybe Holland defending next to Foran did it. Regardless they desperately need to gel next week or we are in for a very long year.

What I cant believe is how Pay cant see this shit? For example....

His best tackler should lock up the middle. His two best line runners and very smart agile footballers ( perfect backrowers ) aren't even in the team and in there place is a kid who hasn't played a game in over a yr! By God you cant be that naïve?
Agree mate it's mind blowing some of these selections.
Jacko should be lock, Rhys Martin should start on 1 edge.
As for the outside backs I would try Chn at centre, he is a solid defender with some size about him and that would open up room for Martin to get back into the side .
Crighton is not first grade standard and way too short to be a winger these days.
Meaney for his speed alone should be somewhere in the team and jmk should not take a bench spot.

Hoppa(alternate with meaney)
Meaney(alternate with hoppa)
Chn
Holland
Smith
Foran
Lewis
Tolman
Lichaa
Napa
Martin
Rfm
Jackson

Elliot
Ogden
Smith
Sue

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Swap Foran and Cogger. Lewis 6 cogger 7 . When nu brown is back he takes Lichaa spot at least he is some threat from dummy half. Meaney fb, hop 4 , Holland and smith same side, Martin 12 rfm 17 Jackson 13, chn 11. Tolman gone, replaced with Ogden. Elliott rfm fualalo and sue on the bench.
Anyway that’s my SuperCoach efforts. Going for aggressive team to start games if Tolman needs to be in the team he can plug holes around the middle when Ogden and Napa tire as that’s usually when other clubs bring on faster dummy halves to exploit us

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Move Holland back to the right to give us that Smith-Holland combo that worked so well last year. Bring in CHN into centre for his defense. Hopoate and Meaney to switch in the game to give Meaney experience before he takes over permanently. JJ moves to lock with RFM moving back to the left and Martin coming into the team.

01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Corey Harawira-Naera
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jack Cogger
15. Adam Elliott
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Ofahiki Ogden
Well my back 5?
1.Meaney ( the new general)
2.chriton ( improving)
3.smith (my X factor )
4.hoppa (defence and ball skill)
5.okunbor ( strong, safe, leg speed)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've said it before, but will say it again ...

For me, changing the side completely means Pay has lost it and should be replaced immediately. He's come into the new season with a plan, something he's created with his team throughout the offseason. Whether it's good or not, whether he's going in the right direction or not only time will tell.

But if he seriously changes the team as much as you guys are wanting, then I do believe his days are numbered. It would just demonstrate how little he's thought about the team and and little his belief is in himself.

In my mind he should stick with the same team with perhaps one change.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is hard to see a fix for us for 2019... we just don't have the squad to compete and we will be lucky to avoid the spoon

still very hard to believe the degradation of a once powerhouse club - recruitment, retention, development, coaching, achievement etc.

We would rank at the bottom in all relevant categories indicative of a successful club

WTF?! we are fast becoming what the old Souffs used to be

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney

2. Christian Chricton

3. Will Hopoate

4. Morgan Harper / Kerrod Holland

5. Reimis Smith

6. Keiran Foran

7. Lachlan Lewis

8. Dylan Napa

9. JMK

10. Suaso Sue

11. Corey Harawira Naera

12. Adam Elliott

13. Josh Jackson

14. Raymond Faitala Mariner

15. Danny Fulualo

16. Rhyse Martin

17. Aiden Tolman

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reece Martin back row with RFM Elliot Bench
Jacko Lock
CHN centre
Montoya reggies

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it before, but will say it again ...

For me, changing the side completely means Pay has lost it and should be replaced immediately. He's come into the new season with a plan, something he's created with his team throughout the offseason. Whether it's good or not, whether he's going in the right direction or not only time will tell.

But if he seriously changes the team as much as you guys are wanting, then I do believe his days are numbered. It would just demonstrate how little he's thought about the team and and little his belief is in himself.

In my mind he should stick with the same team with perhaps one change.
I have to agree here. A coach making wholesale changes this early is not a good look. It’s only round one, I’d be waiting a round or two before making changes.

The only change I would like to see would be Meany to FB, Hoppa replaces Montoya. Montoya has no place in FG.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are actually wasting our time with the changes we need to make! There’s about 7 players in our side who are not first graders.

We got no one to replace them with. We have the worst roster in the NRL. I can’t remember the last time we had a crap roster like this one. Maybe the end of 2008 when we had Warburton, Youngquest, Joe Williams, Winitana, Heka Nani, Fred Briggs etc

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM is a bench (impact) player and should be played as that.

1 to 5 who knows

6. Lewis
7. Foran

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa

11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot

14. RFM (swap with Elliot)
15. Fualalo
16. Sue
17. ???? (Holland if out of centres or rookie forward)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate it's mind blowing some of these selections.
Jacko should be lock, Rhys Martin should start on 1 edge.
As for the outside backs I would try Chn at centre, he is a solid defender with some size about him and that would open up room for Martin to get back into the side .
Crighton is not first grade standard and way too short to be a winger these days.
Meaney for his speed alone should be somewhere in the team and jmk should not take a bench spot.

Hoppa(alternate with meaney)
Meaney(alternate with hoppa)
Chn
Holland
Smith
Foran
Lewis
Tolman
Lichaa
Napa
Martin
Rfm
Jackson

Elliot
Ogden
Smith
Sue
I agree with Meaney. I saw enough of him in reserves and can do the job for us at the back.
Get Harper or Hoppa in centre or both if Holland struggles.

RFM off an edge and Martin / CHN as your edge forwards and watch the points flow.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM is a bench (impact) player and should be played as that.

1 to 5 who knows

6. Lewis
7. Foran

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa

11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot

14. RFM (swap with Elliot)
15. Fualalo
16. Sue
17. ???? (Holland if out of centres or rookie forward)
Meaney
Montoya / Crighton / Holland
Hoppa
Harper
Smith

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it is hard to see a fix for us for 2019... we just don't have the squad to compete and we will be lucky to avoid the spoon

still very hard to believe the degradation of a once powerhouse club - recruitment, retention, development, coaching, achievement etc.

We would rank at the bottom in all relevant categories indicative of a successful club

WTF?! we are fast becoming what the old Souffs used to be
This! I can't believe it's this bad and worst part is how long are we gonna suck?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree here. A coach making wholesale changes this early is not a good look. It’s only round one, I’d be waiting a round or two before making changes.

The only change I would like to see would be Meany to FB, Hoppa replaces Montoya. Montoya has no place in FG.
What about Crichton? He’s a huge liability under the high ball.