Why would anyone want to come play for the Bulldogs ?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A new coach won’t make a difference with the squad we have.
It would actually. We wouldn't win comp or even make 8 but we wouldn't be playing like we did yesterday or chosen the same team.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are still living in the 80’s.
Ok, so Hasler lost it and got stubborn. He fucked us and it hurt us. However, how a club in this day and age only wanted a coach who had Bulldog “DNA” is beyond belief. HELL, he didn’t have that much loyalty anyway when he, Smith and Dymock left for bigger bucks... Who the hell would come to play for Pay if you were a very good player. If Cronk Smith Taumalolo Mitchell Munster Morgan whoever were on the market now do you think they would step into this place?? All the bullshit talk in the pre season... how the hell do you out in a display like that first game of a new season unless you are rubbish? Napa is massively overrated. I pray to God we are only paying no more than 350 for him. Liccha?? Supercoach had him out the door - his work was done for him yet STILL re signed him!!! Montoya at centre? He’s not even NSW cup centre standard. I do t care of Harper is raw, we’re getting the spoon anyway, get him in for a year’s experience!! I’m just lost, the same way the club I’ve followed for 40 odd years is. I fear relocation more and more. We are loading the gun for the NRL...

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still optimistic , it’s round 1.. St George smashed broncos in round 1 and nothing eventuated. If we still play shit in the first 6 rounds then yes it’ll be easy to tell it’ll be a long season

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I played for lakemba in the early 70s also ( god bless mrs Smallwood) and the original Lakemba boys ruled! Lakemba hotel( god bless Vic Patrick) any one livin there now remember , nah didn’t think so, don’t fuck belmore that’s where our club is and the real people know how this game works ,respect the juniors and the founding members .

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still have some coin in the kitty. Pull the trigger now relegate or release 3 or 4 of the fringies and get in two decent outside backs and another prop and a hooker. Don’t wait for the perfect specimen to be available just get us through the next few seasons as a competitive team. I’m scared for next week. If we lose to Parra the seasons over for us. Players will lose all confidence and the media will bury them into submission.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The day we passed on Wayne Bennett was the day this club started it's down fall!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our team and a few other teams are always going to struggle for premiership windows the way the competition is set... they say the cap works and yeah the cap itself would work, if it weren't for the fact that certain clubs receive millions in TPAs.. and those teams are the ones who are consistently at the top, and find it much easier to hold onto star players

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we don’t win next week , we are gone , and as much as I love the history of this club , we need to move on and get Robinson or Bellamy and pay whatever the hell they want , and let them build a squad

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
We will find it hard to draw elite players. The place stinks.
Good on you mate you are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion funny of the so called low class fans turn on their own supporter base and put labels on them actually this is what really stinks you can go to an area that in your opinion does not stink and support that team shameful really. It is an insult to all people that live in the district.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We are obviously in the development phase.

We have so many players that need to learn their craft and gel with the team, build experience and develop.

We are going to be an average team with the occasional burst of intensity to upset the odd team. This year is going to be all about that development and it is hard to know how long it takes. It may take 10 rounds before we start to show promise or it may take 2 seasons. Not hard to guess what we are hoping for - even if it does feel like a miracle!