Major changes needed for week 2

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking hell give the same 17 another crack. They had an off day. It fucking happens. Has anyone on here ever had an off day at work? I know I have. I’m not perfect. Neither are they. Fucks sake it’s one game in and people are ready to slit your wrists. Grow up.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking hell give the same 17 another crack. They had an off day. It fucking happens. Has anyone on here ever had an off day at work? I know I have. I’m not perfect. Neither are they. Fucks sake it’s one game in and people are ready to slit your wrists. Grow up.
Shaaaraaappp

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
01. Will Hopaote
02. Tui Katoa
03. Reimis Smith
04. Morgan Harper
05. Christian Crichton
06. Keiran Foran
07. Jack Cogger
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Jeremy Marshall-king
10. Dylan Napa
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Renouf To'omaga
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Chris Smith
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Crighton
3. Okunbor
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Napa
9. Cogger
10. Fualalo
11. Martin
12. Jackson
13. Chn

14. Ogden
15. Sue
16. Elliot
17. Meaney

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meaney
Okunbor
Hoppa
Holland
Smith
Foran
Lewis
Napa
JMK
RFM/ Toamagaa when back
CHN
Martin
Jackson

Tolman
Ogden
Elliot
Sue

2 big wingers to give us go forward, 2 centres with fast hands to put our wingers away. Meaney at the back for his speed and support play. RFM to play middle, suits his style, hopefully gets his offloading back but once Toamaaga is back I’d put RFM to the bench for his impact. CHN and Martin to play the edges as they run great lines and Jackson to sure up the middle and do a bit of ball playing similar to a Jake Trbovic role.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis said we got a great young forward that can improve its just that our backs lack class.

We really need to find a solution for the backs. I'm done with Montoya, he's has reached his potential which is not FG standard.

Meaney or Cogger may not be ready but at least they can improve. I'd use this year to blood them. I'd go..

Meaney
Smith
Holland
Lewis
Hopoate
Foran
Cogger
Napa
Lichaa
Tolman
Martin
CHN
Jackson

RFM
FULALO
TOMANGA
SUE

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
When we get smacked next week by parra, I’m guessing your excuse will be ohhh but they are our biggest rivals, parra played their grand final today. They team is shit because it’s learnt that excuses is ok.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that warriors winger in ISP cup who wore number 5 yesterday. Looked more dangerous than all our FG backs

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH not really.... in true kennel form you idiots don’t realise this but the dogs where over in NZ as the tragic and shocking events unfolded you guys would literally have no idea what that would feel like and most importantly how that could impact you... Warriors played their grand final yesterday and would of beaten any team in the NRL...

Make no mistake a terroist attack would be an extremely hard thing to mentally process being overseas during a terrorist attack would make it 10 times harder, imagine all of your family calling etc... not to mention the fact that the dude was Aussie and white who committed the act would create embarrassment...

After the first half possession was 65 warriors 35 dogs ..games over and that’s the way it goes sometimes. They do need Meaney in there has some real quality push hoppa to centre to add some class and I would put cogger at 9 or on the Bench for lichaa Chris Smith and jack nelson have to see first grade soon
What?

The game was in Auckland. The attack was in Christchurch.

Let’s not create excuses when we don’t have to. We were negative and shit. As you say, moving around Floppa and dumping Lichaa and Lotoya may be the way forward.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morgan Harper & Meaney are chopsticks.

They need a minimum of 1 year in Cup to bulk up.

These players are not like Mitchell, Ramien and the likes who came into first grade at 100kgs and well developed.

If they come in now, they will get annihilated and may never step up. Very dumb move

Spastics should of signed stop gap players for the next year or two, you know like the rorters replacing Ferguson with Morris and Hall or the Sharks snapping up Morris to replace Ramien.

You do not replace Morris bros with Crichton, Montoya, Harper, Holland or the likes.

For years we have fallen behind with recruitment and development. Never replaced 1, 7 or 9 and now the whole squad is a fucken shambles.

We are doomed, so get use to it until we develop some players over the next 3-4 years and pay overs for a few players in critical positions

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We miss another big body coming from the bench. Toomaga would be that man if he can realise his potential.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Morgan Harper & Meaney are chopsticks.

They need a minimum of 1 year in Cup to bulk up.

These players are not like Mitchell, Ramien and the likes who came into first grade at 100kgs and well developed.

If they come in now, they will get annihilated and may never step up. Very dumb move

Spastics should of signed stop gap players for the next year or two, you know like the rorters replacing Ferguson with Morris and Hall or the Sharks snapping up Morris to replace Ramien.

You do not replace Morris bros with Crichton, Montoya, Harper, Holland or the likes.

For years we have fallen behind with recruitment and development. Never replaced 1, 7 or 9 and now the whole squad is a fucken shambles.

We are doomed, so get use to it until we develop some players over the next 3-4 years and pay overs for a few players in critical positions
100% agree to all said.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this.... throw the cheque book heck throw the leagues club at Bellamy and staff and bring them to the dogs. We need a total clean out and need consistency introduced back into the club. Melbourne are the old dogs. Tough smart and difficult to win against. Starts from the top and no matter who we sign the place stinks of Des crap and it seems like it’s gojng to take a miricale to get rid of it.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What?

Let’s not create excuses when we don’t have to. We were negative and shit. As you say, moving around Floppa and dumping Lichaa and Lotoya may be the way forward.
Umm mate if you have ever been to NZ you would understand

1. the whole country was in lock down for 18 hours they thought this was a nationwide plague..

2. Nz population is around 3.2 million SYDNEY is around 7 to give context so they all feel it..

3. Sonny bill was on his way to present jumpers to new players and rookies pulled out at the last second due to his mental state..

4. If you can’t understand how senseless murder of men women and children inside a place of worship would affect someone then I truly feel sorry for you, there is a lot more to life than footy and you need guidance.

I’m simply saying Meaney is too classy to put in reserves he is not better than hoppa right now but he will be long term... I remember storm fans crying when matt Guyer who was going well was moved to the wing for a young bloke called Billy slater had a shocking first game average next 6-8 and then....

Montoya on his best day is a winger
Lichaa continues to struggle

Cogger is quality
Meaney is quality
Chris Smith is quality

They need to be in the 17

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
What?

If any team had an excuse to be distracted by that it wasn't us.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the changes with holland (5 missed tackles mmm) I’d go Meaney fullback ,hoppa in the centre or wing and chn in the forwards ,and Rhyse a must, and a bitta mongrel would help , face slappin pre game

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I get where you’re coming from, but the issue is you may have a bad day at work but has ALL your colleagues had a shit day on the same day? This is not a player problem (well, it is, but that’s another issue), this is a coaching issue. How EVERY PLAYER could be that bad is mind boggling. It wasn’t a mid year Saturday night game up in Townsville, this was opening game!
We’re probably going to get the spoon or near enough, Montoya is not up to it, blood Harper ffs. If he has some bad games learning his craft at the top level so be it. Meaney, we invested in him, run him.

skengdo.67

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. meany
2. Remis Smith
3.CHN/ hoppa
4.crighton/holland
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8.RFM
9.licha/JMK