Lewis Bandwagon

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember when Canterbury played Blake Green as a second rower and Keighran as a centre.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The game was over early and he knew it... he didn't handle it well, but it's very early in his FG career and he still did his thing in defense... I would like to see him in 6 though which is his position

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors were never gonna loose that game everything fell their favour even the bounce and the emotion of what happened over there which I won’t mention yeh we were poor Lewis and Foran played behind a well beaten pack it’s one game teams get flogged one week more often than not redeem themselves the next

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Not saying Lewis is shit or that’s his career, but some decisions he made on the last tackles where terrible,
The whole management of that game was wrong, one out plays and putting pressure on the forwards even the backs just took hit ups .

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the forwards are going nowhere then the rest will follow suite, nothing more and nothing less!! Napa is certainly no David Klemmer in my opinion.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is the Prince and for me can be the heart if that team and even as i was not happy with some of his decisions he made he was in a beaten team from the start. Foran though i have serious doubts about as i feel he should not be in the side. Our forwards were smashed yesterday and i cant help to think with all the sad events an emotion in nz we were never going to win. We also underestimated the warriors. Pay needs to step up and make some changes and think about why we were successful at the end of last year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will work out fine in the long term.

He did put alot of pressure on himself by doing TV commercials and heaps of media interviews but he also needs the clubs permission to do that - they need to put him in cotton wool for a while and stop all the hype.

Also who is our halves coach. We need a good one to develop the kid. I said in another thread whoever suggested he kick to the wings needs to give themselves an uppercut - that was never going to work against the warriors. He also panicked a few times toward the end of the game, it's all a learning experience for a kid that has played less than 10 first grade games. Also didn't help that his halves partner disappeared for patches.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s only 1 game but Foran needs to be more involved more organising more kicking. Foran has a good kicking and doesn’t make sense that he is taking a backseat to a kid with 10 games experience. Although our forwards got pumped yesterday so I think we need to reserve judgement for the minute

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s only 1 game but Foran needs to be more involved more organising more kicking. Foran has a good kicking and doesn’t make sense that he is taking a backseat to a kid with 10 games experience. Although our forwards got pumped yesterday so I think we need to reserve judgement for the minute
Foran is done and dusted.

Stop living in the past

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive always stated and always will. I still do not see in this kid what everyone else sees. Yes hes very competitive and a good footy player. But has no running game. I dont think his kicking game is as good as everyone makes out. I hope he becomes one of our best, but after only 10 or less first grade games im not gonna hold my breath. Ive said a hundred times before and i only get heckled, lewis, smith, holland, martin were made to look better at back end of last year cause they been playing easier footy and were a bit fresher and keener than somes sides first graders that had to grind in first grade for 26 rounds. I said blokes like holland would be eaten alive at centre when they have to play first grade against opposition just as keen and fresh as them. And look sandwiches for everyone.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally a thread with some fucking sense. The kid would of learnt a hell of a lot yesterday. And he’ll bounce back and he’ll learn from it. Give him time. He’s a young bloke who has only played a handful of games. He’ll be right.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty tough for your halves to shine when your forwards get absolutely dominated. I can barely remember a game where one teams forwards have just dominated anothers so badly. That just lead to a snowball effect where we were just drained of energy before halftime and they were pumped with their tails up in front of a big loud crowd. Round 1 when fitness levels are at their lowest in 29C heat is not a good time to have to do a tonne of tackling of huge forwards non stop in the first half. Lewis in particular looked really fatigued and it showed in his kicking.

Looks like we should have had at least one more trial and actually played the first grade squad for most of the games.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive always stated and always will. I still do not see in this kid what everyone else sees. Yes hes very competitive and a good footy player. But has no running game. I dont think his kicking game is as good as everyone makes out. I hope he becomes one of our best, but after only 10 or less first grade games im not gonna hold my breath. Ive said a hundred times before and i only get heckled, lewis, smith, holland, martin were made to look better at back end of last year cause they been playing easier footy and were a bit fresher and keener than somes sides first graders that had to grind in first grade for 26 rounds. I said blokes like holland would be eaten alive at centre when they have to play first grade against opposition just as keen and fresh as them. And look sandwiches for everyone.
He is a very calm controlled and structured player. He will be good for us. Foran did sweet fuck all after pumping his own tires all pre season. I think he played better in round 1 last season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He definitely had a poor game but give him a break and some time a good wake up call for him with all the media hes been doing of late

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He went well last year.. will need to see how he goes this year to be able to make any conclusions on the kid..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate his kicking style.. the commentators jack off by saying ohhhh he looks like he's got so much time.. but in actually fact, he's telegraphing the shit out of his kicks making it easy for the defenders to read..

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one hand I love the kids tenancity, but on the other do you really want your halfback making 31 tackles as opposed to Greens 9 tackles. You want you halfback to be courageous yes, but also clever in the battles they choose. With more tackles comes greater fatigue and we all know fatigue kills decision making.