Opinion James Hooper sums up dogs performance

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we didn’t see the madness today.. all the off season talk..(actions didn’t speak louder than words)

everything went missing in today’s game.!! Yes sir.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cant disagree with him there... our team is a mess, big changes needed but not many i would keep... so many holes to fill going forward.
1. ?
2. Smith
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. Lewis
7. ?
8. Napa
9. ?
10. ?
11. Harawira-Naera
12. ?
13. Jackson ©

14. ?
15. Elliot (keep him for his passion / love for the club, just not a starter)
16. ?
17. ?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is nothing more than a glorified promoter. There's been a shit load of coach movements since Des yet we pick and stick to this guy because he's an ex bulldog. Granted our roster is weak as piss too but we'll never have a good crack at the premiership someday with Pay at the helm. We need a good coach asap so he can start to assemble his own roster instead of inheriting Pays half assembled one after he's sacked. It was a huge mistake to sit out of the coaching market last year

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a new 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9. Well, R. Smith can stay but our backline has to be the worst backline in the NRL.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only were we physically outmuscled but We also Lost mentally. This is why it was so important for the dogs to get off to a good start this season. When everyone is writing you off the last thing you want is to be down 2 tries down and then 4 tries down in the first half. If Montoya scored that try it could have been a different story. Unfortunately, the dogs were playing catch up and had no answers to stopping the wariors’ Momentum.

For me the disappointing players:
Lewis- was really bad today (given he now is the “organising” half). Kicking game horrible and made silly errors.
Hoppa- was switched off today. Too slow running the ball back and did not compensate with any class offloads or lb assists.
Napa- still work in progress. His defence was way off. Made many missed tackles.

Impressed with:
Foran- He was our only attacking threat. Montoya should have scored off his short ball and kick. Looked really determined to get us off to a strong start. Unfortunately there was very little he could do after we let in a million tries.
cHn- very strong carries.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay is nothing more than a glorified promoter. There's been a shit load of coach movements since Des yet we pick and stick to this guy because he's an ex bulldog. Granted our roster is weak as piss too but we'll never have a good crack at the premiership someday with Pay at the helm. We need a good coach asap so he can start to assemble his own roster instead of inheriting Pays half assembled one after he's sacked. It was a huge mistake to sit out of the coaching market last year
Utter bullshit!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question, who is going to be scoring our trys?

Who in this joke of a backline is going to score more than ten trys this season?

Someone put me out of my misery and answer my question. Fuck, even lie to me and make up some bullshit.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Who in this joke of a backline is going to score more than ten trys this season?

Someone put me out of my misery and answer my question. Fuck, even lie to me and make up some bullshit.
There is going to be a lot of tries scored in all our games this season

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score

That's the issue for me. In a rebuilding year we've pulled apart Smith and Holland who were doing well end of last year.
Then dropped Martin, and chosen Hoppa at fullback over a kid that could...if given a chance be a gun.
And hot potato is our new attacking strategy. Madness.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to out aggressive starts?
Exactly ....... Oh, and what about the talk from Dean Pay and the Club administrators about playing like the old dogs .. dogs of war .... bringing back the old bulldog grit and spirit ..... what a load of BS. Talk is cheap! Actions speak louder than words - I would rather let the results speak for themselves. It’s going to be a long year

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think they would’ve learnt or put pressure on Blake green after his first 2 pin point kicks ripped us a new arsehole

Nope
He had all the time in the world throughout the entire 80 mins

Lame as Fcuk and some of those imposters that ran out there wouldn’t make the reserve grade side of some teams in the nrl

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Utter bullshit!
I'm not going around making sack pay threads but I definitely won't lose sleep if he's shown the door sooner than later. You've gotta be kidding yourself if you think that performance is acceptable. A few more games like that and it'll be a completely unanimous opinion. Why should we settle for a below average coach to help us rebuild into genuine premiership contenders? It's the one aspect of our roster we can control without any salary cap concerns and we can certainly afford to splash out on better prospects.

Huge blunder to not even approach a single off contract coach last year. It's not Pays fault that he walked into a club with such huge roster issues but it's also not our problem or concern to worry about what's fair and what isn't. We should demand success. Nrl coaching is a cut throat industry where nice guys (or clubs) finish last

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But we have a great coach at the dogs it's just that he's the assistant coach. If pay doesn't stop hindering our team from performing by round 5 I think we should campaign to have georgallis as our coach

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But we have a great coach at the dogs it's just that he's the assistant coach. If pay doesn't stop hindering our team from performing by round 5 I think we should campaign to have georgallis as our coach
Let's see where we are on the ladder by rounds 10 or 12. But another rookie coach (who is also the current assistant and attacking coach) is not the answer.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not going around making sack pay threads but I definitely won't lose sleep if he's shown the door sooner than later. You've gotta be kidding yourself if you think that performance is acceptable. A few more games like that and it'll be a completely unanimous opinion. Why should we settle for a below average coach to help us rebuild into genuine premiership contenders? It's the one aspect of our roster we can control without any salary cap concerns and we can certainly afford to splash out on better prospects.

Huge blunder to not even approach a single off contract coach last year. It's not Pays fault that he walked into a club with such huge roster issues but it's also not our problem or concern to worry about what's fair and what isn't. We should demand success. Nrl coaching is a cut throat industry where nice guys (or clubs) finish last
I have been one of Pay's staunchest advocates and want to see him given a reasonable chance to succeed. However, that is conditional on results and the team being competitive. One can't go on defending the indefensible. And a 40 point annihilation in Rd 1 is completely unacceptable -- especially when the team actually got worse and seemingly less committed in the second half (when the halftime score should have embarrassed them into action).

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant disagree with him there... our team is a mess, big changes needed but not many i would keep... so many holes to fill going forward.
1. ?
2. Smith
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. Lewis
7. ?
8. Napa
9. ?
10. ?
11. Harawira-Naera
12. ?
13. Jackson ©

14. ?
15. Elliot (keep him for his passion / love for the club, just not a starter)
16. ?
17. ?
I'll have a futile go at trying to find some athletes to work with; it's not easy to find 17 decent first graders.

1. Meaney
2. Okunbor
3. R Smith
4. CHN
5. Hopoate
6 / 7. Lewis (6) / Foran (7) or Foran (6) / Cogger (7)
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. C Smith
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Sue
15. RFM
16. Elliott
17. Holland

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's see where we are on the ladder by rounds 10 or 12. But another rookie coach (who is also the current assistant and attacking coach) is not the answer.
Georgallis is already there! All I'm saying is give him a shot at head coach. He's the coach they need , he got the best out of the reserve grade side I don't see why at this point we can't at least give him a go.. Pay is hindering the players , georgalis will let them play their natural game and maybe offer some good strategies