Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
our attack is not poor, our attack is non existent
we need forwards that run full pelt into the opposition, not run half arsed and stop
lichaa why is he still there
overall the team is lacking speed and strength jackson toulman napa played well

DoggyJu

Waterboy
Reaction score
How about all these people on this forum saying we were going to belt them.
How we had the better halves and better team on paper.

How about all these people that put hundreds on us 13 plus.

SMH...

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa 44 mins 9 runs 78m 2 tackle breaks 22 tackles 4 missed is not that impressive from our BIG buy
We won't be winning premierships until we have players that want to play and bleed for the "Blue and White"........players like Napa and Foran just don't fit that mould in my opinion.....until they're gone we are just going through the motions and making up the numbers.......Foran won't last the year as he's injury prone and was bought from the previous regime.....something the new regime want to rid themselves of but can't at the moment as Foran has dug in his heals and won't go while he's on the money he's on.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warriors got all the momentum and barely got put on there backs. They slowed the ruck and there bigger bodies across the park done the job.... there outside backs are as big as our second rowers.... we got put on our backs all game and had 2-3 defenders every tackle by the 60th min we were gassed and Lewis had nothing left.... we lack big time in the 9 and outside backs are not up to nrl standards. :( long season ahead for us
we were gassed after 10 minutes

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanted to see more of Napa, I remember him being hard an aggressive when with the rorters, he always Stood out An was intimidating.. he had few good hits, but seemed more tame than anything. Can’t wait to see him come back into his own as the season progresses!! We need him to make a mark.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a severely beaten pack Foran was good and WAAAAAY better than Lewis. Can't critcise him.
CHN also good Crichton easily the best back, Tolman was OK, Jackson OK that's about it.
Pack had zero aggresion or anything else to offer.
TERRIBLE DH play as usual and a very poor backline and Lewis atrocious in the 7
No excuses for his horrible kicks, poor defence, dropped balls, juggles and not contributing anything.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most disappointing was that the forwards, who were meant to be our strength didn't turn up. Overall its is a weak to average squad - last year we could blame the previous regime now the blame can be shared. Note that zac saddler was playing Sydney shield against east Campbelltown today. Meaney appears to have been a signing of desperation and hope- a brad abbey lite, as was olive at the beginning of last year, defends like brenko lee on a bad day.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay said the team will be picked on form each week... hmm
Can we take the field with 3 or 4 blokes then next week?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about all this talk of how we were super fit & looking good etc etc during the offseason ?... 10 minutes into the game and we looked like a team who'd defended 10 straight sets.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant agree that Foran was way better than Lewis. At 1.2 million he is supposed to be the major half yet Lachlen did all the kicking. Defensively both did a heap today. Offensively I only saw Lachlan organising anything not Foran. Lewis made errors today for sure and it was the worst game from him in his 10 game career because of errors but no way Foran did anything that made me reconsider my opinion of him. He did some blindside runs and tackles. JMK can do that and cost us $120k a year.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly it looks like they didnt do a thing over the off season besides talk it up.
That was the problem, after all the interviews they went home and woke up game morning and said shit we forgot to train, oh well our supporters won't notice we'll just play to the same game plan we played last season.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney showed glimpses today in reserve grade, I assume they want him to find his feet before he gets a run in first grade but if there are more performances like today we may have no choice. I’m happy for him to have a crack, we just have to accept that he’ll be a work in progress for a while.

Lewis was horrible but will learn from today.

I though RFM ran sideways too much and lacked effort in that last try.

Let’s not forget we only had 40% possession against a team pumped up to win for their fellow countrymen and women after yesterday’s incident.

Better times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.