Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you look back to my original comment, all I said was that we made a Grand Final with Thompson, Perrett, and Brown at the back. That is not an opinion, that is a fact. It is one thing to do well with that sort of backline, but to make a Grand Final? Come on now.
We had a way better team then than now
Fact

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
40 to 6 i wasnt expecting that thats for sure disappointing to watch. Liked what chn did was suprised how much meters he gained not sure why he was taken off seeing he was doing so well
CHN played 31 minutes and did okay.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually you can see some encouraging signs in these types of games especially in the early rounds but I honestly can’t think of anything today that made me think things will turn around.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. :-) all the meaningless rhetoric before the season, I think it will stand them in good stead for next week and they will learn a lot from this week about the ‘real’ world.

thadoggiezman

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is what happen when the mob starts to pack heat towards an under-pressure board. With the advantage of hindsight, it's clear to see that Des' sacking was resultant of the board trying to please the masses, as opposed to doing what is best for the footy club. I got banned, heckled and made fun of when I disagreed with the signing of a rookie coach in place of a manager that had taken us to the top 8 every year (except the year he was sacked) whilst getting us really close to our first premiership in over a decade in a couple of years. But I think that after last season , and the start to this one, everyone is starting to notice the ramifications of such a harsh error in judgement by the fans. In saying that, it would be hypocritical of me to write off Pay just yet, so i will stand by him and the club until it becomes increasingly clear that he is not fit to manage the doggies.

#UpTheDoggies

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I'm off to the pub to meet the missus. At least I have more chances of scoring tonight then our team today.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well being excited about the footy just went out the window lol.

I dont like to blame a coach for a loss because he doesnt miss tackles or give away penalties but VERY questionable tactics by Pay.

How can you start Tolman and Napa as front rowers who are not known meter eaters. We looked better when Sue and Danny were on. As mentioned breakin the smith & holland combo. Elliot tries hard but he is too similar to what Tolman offers.
Imo drop montoya, bring meaney onto the wing and let him and hoppa share the fb role in patches. Push smith into the centres (needs to get more ball). Start Sue and Napa up front with CHN jacko and RFM. No point in picking JMK if hes only going to get 15mins a game. Have martin, tolman, danny and cogger on the bench

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Yep, they heard the "expert" fans have a cry over one season of missing the 8, panicked and thought the only way to get re-elected was to sack Des and make the fans happy. Hasn't turned out too well has it... will be interesting to see if Manly improve this year.
I said it on here and got blasted. Des was still a better option then anyone else available.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the hype surrounding our preseason, this was one of the most heartless round one performances I have ever seen from any club period!

If the experts were touting us to take out the wooden spoon you'd think that would be enough motivation to prove them wrong (that's what I would expect from a Bulldogs team, with our history and the love for being the underdog) but no, we played like we didn't want to be out there!

It's like turning up to the first day of you dream job with a frown on your face, and acting like it's your worst nightmare. Disgraceful performance....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone laughs at English Super League, but in all honesty we would have got our ass whopped against any super league side today without a doubt.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well I'm off to the pub to meet the missus. At least I have more chances of scoring tonight then our team today.
going out for dinner soon too, malt whiskey on the rocks is on the cards may lead to a better night lol

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors got all the momentum and barely got put on there backs. They slowed the ruck and there bigger bodies across the park done the job.... there outside backs are as big as our second rowers.... we got put on our backs all game and had 2-3 defenders every tackle by the 60th min we were gassed and Lewis had nothing left.... we lack big time in the 9 and outside backs are not up to nrl standards. :( long season ahead for us

thadoggiezman

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a way better team then than now
Fact
Oh by golly, what an observation! You my friend, are a footballing genius! No crap we had a better team, and concurrently a better coach! My point is, at the time our side on paper was worse than a lot of teams at the time, and we still made a grand final. That comes down to the manager providing a platform, and the players executing accordingly. Under Des, our attack was sometimes iffy but what could not be disputed was our defence. Under Pay, defence seems to be non-existent. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, but please stop making a fool of yourself and stop replying with things that are so painstakingly obvious that my 6 year old cousin could point out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Prepare for the disappointment to heighten when Manly and Des romp the Tigers

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis was dog average tonight but I think he will improve with a few more games. Very worrying signs all over though.

Warriors were rolling through our forward pack and Napa is no Klemmer. Edge defence was terrible. Montoya is a reserve grader and we need to promote Harper ASAP. Reimis Smith needs to get more ball.

Pretty much the only positive I can take out of it was CHN looked pretty good and should be starting.

We will struggle badly this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.