Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk is cheap - they were gassed after ten minutes. I know our backs are ordinary but I was expecting more from the forewards.

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney was shite today.
Aren't we better off one good hooker that 3 duds?
Like I'd rather get a Cook or Smith for a mil that three retards
Same with backs.. Meaney etc. Let's just get TVS or something, just one gun, not three sub par options

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@CroydonDog so you agree with all the penalties & the overturning of the dropout duo you? We are being screwed as usual.
I appreciate we are all emotional fans, but its pretty much you and Mr I as the sole holdouts in the "refs are fucking us" camp. The rest of us seems to be seeing it for what it is.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My god ,we still got 40 mins to go.
Fuck sake.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we so surprised? I feel sp stupid for thinking we could play well with this team, but what can we expect, letting guns go, and signing fringe first graders. Not much we can with our cap situation. We just don't have the calibre

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Morris boys and Klemmer must be saying YESSSSSSSSSSSS glad I'm no longer playing for this club ... bunch of clowns thinking they can play 1st grade League!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im embarassed i walked into the tab yesterday so cocky feel like a dick head at the moment oh well looks like im done
40 mins hopefully different team lol

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We honestly haven't played poorly; we have been completely outmuscled but the Warriors are capable of doing this to most teams. Just look at how powerful the Warriors are; when they turn up like this they are world-beaters.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely every positional and tactical decision made by Pay was shown up in 40 minutes. Disgraceful back row and back line selections and then compounds it with fucking around right vs left side. 3 up work to one side 10m from the sideline then shift opposite way with left side playing out the back and right side playing up in the line is so fucking predictable

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when it comes down to it, we lost our best players and contributors over the pas 2-3 years and we managed to keep the shittest performers or least effective players in our first grade side. Montoya, Lichaa, Tolman, Holland who was alright last year but has been disappointing the majority of his time, JMK, Elliot who is bad rather than good more often than not. And we signed no one of note, we have zero players who you would say are elite in our team.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically they were never losing this game. Based on the goings on over the last 24-48 hours in New Zealand, they have so much more incentive to win this game today..

Look at where they started the first tackle of every set they scored from: HINT .. it was from wel within our half due to a penalty in their own half. The first try was a BS call that gave tehm 7 tackles from their own half.

Yup NYC.

Did nothing in Canterbury Cup today to deserve promotion.

Because the Warriors are being looked after this game.
Sorry Mr. I, but that is tin foil hat stuff. Yes, there has been one or two dubious calls but in general it is very hard to argue the fact that we have played poorly... very poorly.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We told some so
Montoya will never be a fgrader let alone a fg centre

Imagine Latrell Mitchell
James Roberts
Inglis

He let Keiraghan waltz passed him
The problem is Pay is so stubborn he will keep him there too.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can buy new players BUT it doesn't mean they will have the heart and soul to play for this great club ... gonna be a long season folks!!!
Actually we can't due to salary cap problems. That's why we have the team we have. 2021 we will have cap space.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis has been poor but he hasn’t got any sort of platform to work form.
Pre season reports said he was the main man and Foran would play second fiddle... looks anything but to me.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
60% possession to the Warriors? What’s the penalty count?

Status
Not open for further replies.