News Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Calling it now... Cam Smith is GOAT. Never seen someone have so much influence on a team as much as Smith. John's often carried the Newcastle team and made the players around him look better but was never as consistent as Smith and the Storm side.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn they are a well oiled machine. Apart from Bromwich's brain explosion of a pass, they play very tight footy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm are very consistent! Always have been.. I mean bellyache has not lost a round 1 game in 17yrs.
However I feel as the year goes on they will start to lose that consistency this year with no slatter, it will take its toll some way, some how.

But they looking good None the less.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the Broncos, I’m glad we finally have a proper halves pairing.

Reactions: K E

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did David Fifita and Pangai JR play? been hearing a lot about these two over the off season, but didn't notice them tonight :sweatsmile:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
David Fifita, Tevita Pangai Jnr, Kotoni Staggs all MIA tonight.

I thought Broncos rated Tanah Boyd REALLY highly, but he isn't even in Top 30.

Broncos need to replace Bird, Roberts and Nikorima (and maybe even Milford). They were directionless out there tonight.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos reminds me of our 2012 squad. We had a gun forward pack but wasted because we had 2 running halves with no game management. They need a traditional halfback to compliment Milford.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Broncos need to replace Bird, Roberts and Nikorima (and maybe even Milford). They were directionless out there tonight.
Milford is just not as hungry (on the field) as the better halves in our game.. I am surprised a proud club like Brisbane have persisted with him for this long

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it, yeah storm played really well, but broncs where there own worst enemy seriously let’s be frank for a moment had the possession been more 50/50 and broncs didn’t waste all there juice in defence that when they had possession they weren’t out in there feet maybe different outcome, I won’t be to discouraged if I was a broncs fan, you could see Anthony Siebold had them playing edge to edge especially that try to Oates in the left hand sweep like he had Souths playing last year, it will take time for the broncs to adjust and in all seriousness tho Alex Glenn needs to be benched him and Jaydn Su’A and TPJ needs to start so two does David Fifita.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My preferred results:
Storm v Broncos - Broncos, because screw the cap cheats.
Knights v Sharks - Sharks, because #FuckLadyKlemmer
Roosters v Rabbitohs - Rabbitohs, because Bennett has more hairs than Souths fanclub have teeth.
Warriors v Bulldogs - Bulldogs
Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles - Fuck... this one is hard. Sea Eagles because #FuckMBye.
Cowboys v Dragons - Cowboys, no reason.
Panthers v Eels - Eels, because Panthers are pricks re sex video.

Titans v Raiders - Titans, because Ricky Stuart sucks.
looks like the Rorters have bought them selfs another premiership, Josh Reynolds on the bench for the Tigers? I have a feeling that one day he will be back at Belmore, Maybe sooner than we think. and Reece Martin hasn't even made our bench, I am a bit concerned that we may loose him completely & we lose our best Goal Kicker? your thoughts please fellow Kennlers?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said it last year, I will say it again, I want Andrew McCullough to retire or leave my club.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Calling it now... Cam Smith is GOAT. Never seen someone have so much influence on a team as much as Smith. John's often carried the Newcastle team and made the players around him look better but was never as consistent as Smith and the Storm side.
LOL

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Roberts played like 5 minutes. Fifita hardly had game time at all. Staggs played centre and played well. Bird made 1 mistake the whole game.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts played like 5 minutes. Fifita hardly had game time at all. Staggs played centre and played well. Bird made 1 mistake the whole game.
I thought bird was pretty strong and played well as well besides that error.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said it before, I'll say it again and I'll say it a million more times. Cody Nicaragua is not a halfback's asshole.

I know Brisbane's forwards aren't making any metres but he's an absolute turnstile and my six year old nephew has a better kicking game.
Junior Assassin? I can't wait to see him in the blue n white ..

Reactions: K E

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Brenko Lee is 100 times better than Montoya.

Marsters is better than any back that we have. Jennings led the NRL in tries last year. Thompson and Fonua are better than Montoya, Crichton and Holland. Momirovski played 1 NRL game in the finals for the Roosters last year and killed it.
Really?? If hoppa was a little faster he would be one of the best backs in the comp.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
looks like the Rorters have bought them selfs another premiership, Josh Reynolds on the bench for the Tigers? I have a feeling that one day he will be back at Belmore, Maybe sooner than we think. and Reece Martin hasn't even made our bench, I am a bit concerned that we may loose him completely & we lose our best Goal Kicker? your thoughts please fellow Kennlers?
I love Reynolds but he won't be back at Belmore. He's on something like $3,000,000 at the Tigers (over 4 years) and when they contract is up, he'll most likely retire (or re-sign with Tigpies).