still my favourite photo

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember I was listening to that game on the radio. Funny things is we still smashed them by 20 odd points lol

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
... quickest send-off in history .. Anzac day 1986
I was at that game.

Some dude from my college (illegally) lent me his SCG tickets and I was sitting in one or other of the members or ladies stands.

I was near the front and Peter Kelly walked pretty close by my mate and me as he went up the tunnel after being sent off.

What I most remember is his eyes. He looked completely fu*king crazy.

He was a pretty tough and mean dude and opponents hated playing against him.

Those were the days and yeah we still smashed Souff by heaps that day even though we had 12 men for basically the whole game.

Dogs of War.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the greatest rugby league photo's ever taken. Kelly lives up at Glenbrook and spends a lot of time mountain biking around the Blue Mountains, he looks fitter than when he was playing.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that game, my dad was a Souths supporter and he took me along. Funnily enough after a final score of I think 26-4, he never took me to any more games.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was only 5 at the time, had been supporting the doggies since just before this was taken (still got pics of myself in my jersey at this age) haha..

obviously I don’t remember this, but what an awesome piece of history!!

Great pic, thank you very much for sharing.

Reactions: baz

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We listened to the game on Radio as well. Pretty sure we were at a Picnic with family.
I can't remember who said it but they said he beat the bugler who played The Last Post back to his seat.
What a great team that 84-86 team was. I still think if David Gillespie & Peter Mortimer played in the 86 GF, we would've won it and then there would be no debate as to who the team of the 80's was. 85 still gives me goosebumps