Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya at centre is either going to be a masterstroke or a absolute disaster. I'm really worried about him defensively.
Yep he is gunna get run at and targetted one on one but looks pretty strong and should hold his ground.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The forward pack looks good. The back 5 solid and capable of producing the goods. Halves have some brilliance in them. The bench looks capable.

Some good players are always going to be overlooked to begin the season. They just have to keep working hard to earn a promotion when they can.

The warriors backline looks pretty good, but I think we'll smash them through the middle. If we get good field position it comes down to the creativity of the halves. And I think Lewis and Foran will fire if the forwards build a platform. Don't write Montoya off yet. His first season in the Nrl was great, he just needs to recapture his form.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the side has evolved through the off-season. From what has been said we're going to offer a less predictable playing style. I'm hopeful that we start well and give the younger players the confidence to keep trying their best.

Bring on the footy.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
New year clean slate

We haven’t even kicked off and ya death riding him

Lol
I gave him all off season to change his ways but obviously he hasnt learnt fuck all from last year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's going to take a little time, and we as supporters need to be patient. Considering that we only played one trial, and we've got a number of new players I'm not overly hopeful for the first few games. Not being negative, just trying to be realistic.

However, the flip side of this is that the more these boys play together the better they're going to get. I really think we're capable of a lot more than what most people are saying. For me the first 2-3 games are all about being competitive, being right in the mix.

I'll say again. Not only are we capable of making the top 8 but also giving the finals a good shake.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
WTF Montoya? Why not Meaney at fullback. Hoppa to centre
I call bullshit

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can’t wrap my head around Montoya at centre, actually, Montoya anywhere near the 17
Agreed. maybe it's a reward for best drunk on Mad Monday because I'm lost with that selection

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What would your team look like?
I'd prefer rolling the dice on meaney , dropping Montoya and Martin in for Elliott.. thats just my opinion... but I can live with this team and I can't wait for the game.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe it's a reward for best drunk on Mad Monday because I'm lost with that selection
Lol and Martin dogged the boys by refusing to get his dick out which left Pay very unimpressed.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Meaney comes in with Montoya dropping out...

Even though Martin does not play in the middle, and is behind the pecking order for a backrow spot, surely he can play in the middle and has more to offer than Fualalo.

Every year i have been reading that "Fualalo has had a MASSIVE offseason", animal in the gym, launching F250's over his head, yadda,yadda,yadda. imo he has not improved one bit over the last few years and his D is atrocious.

JMK on the bench is a no brainer, due to utility value at 1-7.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
T

This is the best team available. Besides perphaps replacing JMK with Martin or Smith.
I’m not saying it’s not. I just don’t see the surprise that Jackson was quoted as saying in his interview. Montoya has been tipped to be center for a while now.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave him all off season to change his ways but obviously he hasnt learnt fuck all from last year.
Oh, I get it now. You’re a time traveller. You went to the future and Bulldogs end up with the spoon.

That’s the only way the stuff you post makes sense.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah same here. He "seems" a real team player you can have confidence in. Started off lazy and ill disciplined, laying over players (and that does still happen from time to time) but he knuckled down, defence improved and went on to win us a few games. With the brittle team we have, we need the confidence that comes with 95% chance of extra 2 points. With that advantage in his game, and alteady as effective as Elliott, Faulolo and JMK, Martin deserves a spot.
Then gets sunbonnet for I'll discipline in a trial.
Nobody is saying he is a bad player, it's just unfortunate that we are well stacked for backrowers.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya jesus pleaese prove me wrong

That’s Pays biggest issue now he loves the well mannered hard trainer with no skill. Montoya, JMK must be his favourites. I think Elliot goes ok but for mine wouldn’t be in the 17. Bloke hits the ball up 12 times a game and can’t crack 100m. Same deal with Elliot well mannered hard trainer and from the country
This absolutely nails it. Hard work and attitude are great but ability is also required. JMK is mediocre at many positions. Elliot works hard but has no impact. Montoya! For 17 rounds last year we would have strangled him. Finally dropped. 1 trial this year and he's back as a centre!!!!! Please please please prove me wrong.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All jokes aside
Just imagine this duel in the coming rounds or if pay persists with Montoya at right centre;

Latrell Mitchell v Montoya
Inglis v Montoya
Jimmy the jet v Montoya
Lafai v Montoya
Josh Morris v Montoya

Morgan Harper I can live with or corey hn
But not Montoya

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All jokes aside
Just imagine this duel in the coming rounds or if pay persists with Montoya at right centre;

Latrell Mitchell v Montoya
Inglis v Montoya
Jimmy the jet v Montoya
Lafai v Montoya
Josh Morris v Montoya

Morgan Harper I can live with or corey hn
But not Montoya
Again.. yes for Harper finchie !!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The team is what it is and I'm happy to see what they can do. Yes, I would have liked to see Martin in the side but he unfortunately has to miss out because we are stacked in the back row.

I just want Saturday to get here so we can finally kick off our season. I have all faith in our team and will leave judgement until after. Go the Doggies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.