Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where are all the people who were betting their balls that Hoppa wouldn’t be starting Fullback? Please reply with your apologies because of the frustration cause to all of us with commonsense.
I’ve only told them all preseason hoppa would be starting fullback
But people on here don’t want to listen
Just argue for the sake of arguing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TBH, i like Martin as he is a natural first grader. Plays like a seasoned veteran not a gun shy rookie. Plus has about lers say 8 to 10 points in him per game. There must be a valid reason a to keep him out of the team.
Yeah same here. He "seems" a real team player you can have confidence in. Started off lazy and ill disciplined, laying over players (and that does still happen from time to time) but he knuckled down, defence improved and went on to win us a few games. With the brittle team we have, we need the confidence that comes with 95% chance of extra 2 points. With that advantage in his game, and alteady as effective as Elliott, Faulolo and JMK, Martin deserves a spot.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Followed the team for a long time have you? Big tip for you,there is other kickers and one of them has kicked 20+ straight.Dont panic as I’m pretty sure he will kick one or two per game.
not long only 39yrs..... Martin kicked at 94.7% last year...pretty hard to ignore, also managed 26 tackle breaks in 14 games along with 4 tries and averaged over 100m per game,

I would have had him in front of Elliott who's main skill is knocking on early in the tackle count, giving away dumb penalties and giving attacking kicks back to the opposition to score tries.....

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not long only 39yrs..... Martin kicked at 94.7% last year...pretty hard to ignore, also managed 26 tackle breaks in 14 games along with 4 tries and averaged over 100m per game,

I would have had him in front of Elliott who's main skill is knocking on early in the tackle count, giving away dumb penalties and giving attacking kicks back to the opposition to score tries.....
I agree Martins been given the Richard. I don’t agree with it. Not even able to make the 22 man list. Ridiculous.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe that was the 'sneaky play' hope you have the good oil
Not happening. Meaney was part of the apposed group at training (in green bib). If he was starting at Fullback they’d be training him there particularly one week out. Even if he was in the 17 anywhere he wouldn’t be part of the apposed squad.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they don’t treat Rhys Martin the way they treated Damian Cook. Ever since “they” preferred Anastasia over Thurston, I have held serious doubts about the coaching staff’s ability to spot football talent.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Montoya at centre is either going to be a masterstroke or a absolute disaster. I'm really worried about him defensively.
Let's all hope it's the former.
Haven't seen much of him but assuming he's put on a couple of kgs to start in centres...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope they don’t treat Rhys Martin the way they treated Damian Cook. Ever since “they” preferred Anastasia over Thurston, I have held serious doubts about the coaching staff’s ability to spot football talent.
Good point lol. We can only hope things start happening that make sense.

I guess because Despot was so stubborn and off the boil, some of us supporters are very wary about seeing sensible, obvious selections happen and the coach picking the best combos and not playing favourites.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I will remain optimistic for now. I mean suuuuuuuurely Pay wants to win the match, right?.....

As for now, I still disagree with his selections and I hope that there will be immediate changes come Round 2 if this experiment fails.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will remain optimistic for now. I mean suuuuuuuurely Pay wants to win the match, right?.....

As for now, I still disagree with his selections and I hope that there will be immediate changes come Round 2 if this experiment fails.
What would you change?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the team I would have picked, but they still have my full support.. can't wait for the game.. up the mighty doggies..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won’t he be travelling with the first grade team so wouldn’t be able to play for reserves
Both teams are playing the Warriors at Mt. Smart Stadium, so you never know!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty disappointed in that lineup, hope he at-least moves meaney to FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.