News Versatility gets Harawira-Naera the nod over Martin

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Foran but those that are how long do we expect him to survive if he’s running at the line like last year ? I hope he’s fit for the season but his injury record and the way he plays I can’t see it happening.
I can't quite grasp how last year the tendon injuries to his toe/s were caused by him "running at the line". Or the 3 matches that he missed the year before due to disciplinary problems at the Warriors. Or the time he spent in rehab at Parramatta.
When I look at the details it seems to me that injuries caused by "running at the line" has been the least of his problems as far as games missed over the past 3 seasons.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hel offer great impact off the bench. Top player..has Martin well covered. Elliots lucky to start but at least this way we have impact
Would put Martin and CHN over Elliot for a starting spot...:confused:

Seriously unless Elliot starts tackling like Gilmeister then I'm really not impressed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN was one of the form players of 2018 when Pemriff went on their run... Guy has the potential to be anything in the NRL
Yet coach Pay seems to think his ISP material?

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Seriously unless Elliot starts tackling like Gilmeister then I'm really not impressed.
Yeh hes lucky to be in fg. Does the occasional good thing but its few and far in between as far as Im concerned.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

His defense looked really good in the Indigenous game.. put on a few nice shots close to their line

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see some mixed opinion and debate which proves that our area of strength (pack) has so much depth

Players missing this week will feature sometime during the year

It’s a fkn long season and anything can happen just ask Lewis, Martin, Ogden and Reimis

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good to see some mixed opinion and debate which proves that our area of strength (pack) has so much depth

Players missing this week will feature sometime during the year

It’s a fkn long season and anything can happen just ask Lewis, Martin, Ogden and Reimis
Exactly, someone has to miss out, it means we have some good depth !! Go dogs

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get fualao there? I’d rather Ogden and Martin. I get he’s a prop but he’s a average at best so far.

Ogden is a prop with more promise.

Martin could play off bench too with tolman punching so many minutes and moving rfm or Elliott forward for a short spell if need be
This

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's quotes from Jackson's interview
Im just a bit sad Martin wouldnt start, i liked having an ace goalkicker, the first since Hazem, Rhyse El Masri if u will. And i have Martin in my supercoach side as VC, he was good to me last year in sc. Will have to trade him out :(

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im just a bit sad Martin wouldnt start, i liked having an ace goalkicker, the first since Hazem, Rhyse El Masri if u will. And i have Martin in my supercoach side as VC, he was good to me last year in sc. Will have to trade him out :(
All my mates supporting other clubs think we are mad leaving him out (non Bulldogs perspective)

I just said worry about ya own team

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fualolo is underrated on here. He is a big unit and has been hitting the line in training. He didnt do that so much last season.
I think he may prove to be a handful for most teams.

I agree - everyone’s shitting on the bloke but he’s just solid.

Also as much as we don’t want it to happen, forwards are going to suffer injuries throughout the year. Jacko could press for another origin call up. We’re better off carrying 2-3 more than we need to keep the competition for spots up, and when one or two inevitably go down we don’t miss a beat.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree - everyone’s shitting on the bloke but he’s just solid.

Also as much as we don’t want it to happen, forwards are going to suffer injuries throughout the year. Jacko could press for another origin call up. We’re better off carrying 2-3 more than we need to keep the competition for spots up, and when one or two inevitably go down we don’t miss a beat.
You can never have too many forwards. When you think you have too many, get more.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fualolo
Elliot
Lichaa
Montoya

All shouldn’t be in the 17
Much better players here at our club
Yet all 4 are in fg this week
Go figure

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fualolo
Elliot
Lichaa
Montoya

Go figure
Well im under the impression finchie if there ordinary like usual and warriors beat us we apparently have plenty of boys firing for a spot ! So they say, so lets see what they do. I dont rate them 4 either, and still yet not convinced on holland yet either, speed hump.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fualolo
Elliot
Lichaa
Montoya

Go figure
Sure do hope that Pay has his eyes open this year and willing to make the right calls....completely agree on your assessment, so this likely Round 1 team is not our best point scoring team...time will tell if Pay's got the nous to see it early if needs be.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fualolo has apparently impressed a lot through the pre-season. It's going to be interesting seeing who makes each position their own this year. I hope we see a competitive team that improves every week. There's no reason to believe we're going to hover low on the ladder except the opinions of naysayers.
Our greatest strength is almost like our biggest weakness. So stacked with forwards that the guys that miss out are probably just as deserving as a shot.

Ogden did nothing wrong with his chance at the end of the year. Chris Smith would be the perfect impact forward to shake up the opposition. Just give him a red bull and give him 15 mins to flatten the opposition with big runs and huge hits. Martin would almost feel hard done by to miss out (even though I do agree CNH is a more complete player) and apart from RFM I think the rest of the back rowers would play close to 80.

Fualalo has been a work in progress for a few years. Hopefully he has a break out this season.

I honestly don’t like JMK on the bench. If it is for 10 mins to relieve lichaa I’d rather someone else. I feel he failed to fire and don’t see why he is so favoured. Has no control of the game. Takes the wrong options. Isn’t exactly a young up and comer and apart from his scrambling defence I haven’t really been impressed enough to think he deserves a spot ahead of players like Martin, Smith, Ogden who have made impacts in limited opportunities.

I guess just more motivation for the guys that missed out to prove themselves and hopefully with impressive performances they can knock on the door for a top 17 birth in the coming weeks.

But happy with the look of the pack and happy with the players given the chance to play. Hope like it was reported it’s based on attitude and performances and not on favouritism.