The Formula One Thread

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just reading that Dan Ric had 49 great reasons to join Renault ... Making him the third highest paid driver in the field... Meanwhile Verstappen is only on 18 mil.. he also have to be close to the highest paid Australian sportsman on that wage ??

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was just reading that Dan Ric had 49 great reasons to join Renault ... Making him the third highest paid driver in the field... Meanwhile Verstappen is only on 18 mil.. he also have to be close to the highest paid Australian sportsman on that wage ??
If that figure is real it most definitely would, it is substantially higher than any figure that was reported when he first signed with Renault though. Most other places were reporting 70m over two years (which would most likely put him as the highest aussie still). Renault have always denied they paid crazy money for him so who really knows? Either way, you can see why some of the drivers choose to live in the Monaco tax haven.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
how great is this weekend going to be !! does anyone know what time race is ?? is in going to overlap with game ??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
4:10 according to some random site.. that means about an hour overlap

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that time is right, just go here for all the times for the weekend https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2019/Australia.html . I am happy as pig in shit this weekend, got footy back on, got the V8's and got the F1. A couple of kg should be gained this weekend from not moving from my couch :grinning:
No RAAF Roulettes this year :( The PC-9 they use is mid retirement and the PC-21 replacement isn't fully rolled out into shows yet.

I believe there will be an F35 or F18 flyover (hasn't been confirmed if it'll be either but most likely F18), and the Boeing C-17 Globemaster replacing the A380 when QANTAS pulled sponsorship.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No RAAF Roulettes this year :( The PC-9 they use is mid retirement and the PC-21 replacement isn't fully rolled out into shows yet.

I believe there will be an F35 or F18 flyover (hasn't been confirmed if it'll be either but most likely F18), and the Boeing C-17 Globemaster replacing the A380 when QANTAS pulled sponsorship.
Sweet, the F35 would be an awesome one for a flyover. Bit of propaganda and pr value with that as well lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet, the F35 would be an awesome one for a flyover. Bit of propaganda and pr value with that as well lol
As long as it didn't catch fire it'd actually impress :D

I suppose they could also use the Growlers, but I think they are being closely eyed after that one caught fire last year.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as it didn't catch fire it'd actually impress :D

I suppose they could also use the Growlers, but I think they are being closely eyed after that one caught fire last year.
It's all good, they both can replace the classic F-111 dump and burn, no need to even engage the afterburners, they will be on fire anyway :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SAT 16TH MAR FOXTEL - F1 QUALI 4PM - 5PM
SAT 16TH MAR FOXTEL - Dogs vs Warriors 3PM

F*CK!

SUN 17TH MAR FOXTEL - F1 RACE 4:05PM - 6:10PM
SUN 17TH MAR ONSITE ACCREDITATION COURSE - 3PM - 5PM

F*CK F*CK!

Looks like I'm watching replays.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

F*CK!

F*CK F*CK!

Depends on the score in the doggies game :laughing:

*edit just noticed the sunday thing for ya, yeah that does suck

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on the score in the doggies game :laughing:

*edit just noticed the sunday thing for ya, yeah that does suck
Yeah completely unavoidable and the race slipped my mind at the time. Had a few times and days but at first I was expecting (the venue) to be about an hr away, but turns out it's only about 20 minutes away. Hence I'll miss some of the race, but can go back 30 minutes on Foxtel, so might miss a bit at start.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score

F*CK!

F*CK F*CK!

Or split screen on Kayo and watch both at the same time.....

Fk Foxtel. Finally no more paying for the Entertainment package when you just want sport, just because it suits them!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@DoggiesBoy F1 Season Launch from Melbourne being shown on Fox Sports now (started at 11:30PM).

Looks like Chemical Brothers track is replacing that classic orchestral intro music as the intro.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@DoggiesBoy F1 Season Launch from Melbourne being shown on Fox Sports now (started at 11:30PM).

Looks like Chemical Brothers track is replacing that classic orchestral intro music as the intro.
Didn't know this was on, have i missed Renault and dan the man?

*edit all good here is renault now

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't know this was on, have i missed Renault and dan the man?

*edit all good here is renault now
Yeah they are going in reverse order (also with Foxtel you can jump back 30 minutes).

Pretty rushed with interviews, and really awkward when they got off the boat. This CB track is going to grate on me after hearing it for every team.