News The setback Lachlan Lewis hid from his wife for eight months

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thurston also got a tap on the shoulder. Sometimes it isn't to tell them they aren't good enough. It may just be that they thought he'd take longer to get to the required level and to say if he's able to get a chance elsewhere, they won't stand in his way. Folkes advised O'meley to take the big money from the chooks and countless other decisions we don't like have been made over the years. Don't question all of them. Just be thankful that Lewis didn't get a good offer elsewhere. 15 other clubs also failed to recruit and rush him into an NRL team.
15 other clubs failed to see his talent because he was being played out of position as at the time Frawley and Cleveland weren’t able to play any other position other than in the halves and Lewis obviously could.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
15 other clubs failed to see his talent because he was being played out of position as at the time Frawley and Cleveland weren’t able to play any other position other than in the halves and Lewis obviously could.
We played Mbye out of position for a number of years. Positions 1- 18 just didn't suit him unfortunately.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stevie G.... Thankyou for having some faith in this fella

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis is a much more complete player at NRL level than he was in the ISP... the effort was always there, but not always the polish... Plenty of the games legends have said themselves that Lewis wasn't a stand out in the ISP so I don't know why people continue to make negative comments about Pay over it.
I think Marley has been doing a Politis and handing out some brown paper bags to some of the Kennelers :tonguewink:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Marley has been doing a Politis and handing out some brown paper bags to some of the Kennelers :tonguewink:
hahaha I was actually just thinking that some of the comments here reek of Marley.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really hope he kicks on and becomes something special and stays loyal with us and becomes a 1 club player, we really need a super star especially in the half’s someone like say a Thurston Cronk even tho they both weren’t 1 club players. We need a 10 year player in the half’s.
Complely agree... Throw the cheque book at him. It has to eventually pay off after overpaying so many duds.
Would love to see him here for another 5+ years

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or..................Lewis has just taken the challenge on board, put in the hard work, and then risen to acompletely new level!!!
No Lewis always had it... He just needed a level that suited him best.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Am i the only one who found it odd to keep something so important from their partner for so long?

I know it's not the main point of the article, but I just couldn't imagine keeping that one from my missus...

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Was I looking through Lewis coloured glasses last season, or was he as special as I made him out to be for myself? I swear I think the kid can walk on water. Soo fucking pumped for him this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Am i the only one who found it odd to keep something so important from their partner for so long?

I know it's not the main point of the article, but I just couldn't imagine keeping that one from my missus...
In the grand scheme of things it's really not a huge issue. "Hey mate you aren't Top 30 this year". Like many other before him you either move on or stick at it. He stuck at it and perseverance paid off.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect Cogger was bought for Foran’s benefit, to compliment Foran’s running game and to allow Foran to play a non-organising 6 role. Cogger should be judged on how he performs alongside Foran and how they go as a halves pairing. If it happens.
I think in light of Foren's Track record with injuries it will probably be the Lewis, Cogger combination we will all be looking at throughout the season. which ever way the dice rolls lets hope that they all gel one way or the other and give us great entertainment and good position on the NRL ladder.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love reading stories like this.
Lachlan is absolutely awesome, he has everything it takes to be a great player/person/role model..,he has made me a believer and I hope the prince has a fantastic year!

Good luck to him with every new challenge, and may he take the doggs on a massive run in 2019.

Side note:
Round 1 only 6 days always guys.. oh I can’t fucking wait to see us bury the warriors on their home soil (my home) ironically hahaha.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahaha I was actually just thinking that some of the comments here reek of Marley.
He owes his success to Dean Pay.. Pay was the coach Lewis played under to win his first NRL game . It had nothing to do with his prep work, his determination to improve his skills ..no no that's stupid it was Pay who coached him into winning and playing like a superstar and it only took pay 1 week to achieve this... Amazing let's extend pays contract now

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I can understand this.. By admitting this to his wife it serves only to admit defeat to himself , it's painful, its stuff to make you angry and it's not productive. Lewis is an optimist, he saw an angle, an opportunity to make the most of a bad situation. Love this guy's attitude.. Take nothing for granted, earn your place. It's inspiring and he clearly appreciates the effort that Foran is putting in.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Initially Lewis didn't stand out in the lower grades - he had an ok kicking game - when he was playing in the centres in isp early last year it became obvious his one on one defence was outstanding and his tenacity to compete on every play stood out. He has improved and players around him tend to lift. Just hope the commitment and improvement continues.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He owes his success to Dean Pay.. Pay was the coach Lewis played under to win his first NRL game . It had nothing to do with his prep work, his determination to improve his skills ..no no that's stupid it was Pay who coached him into winning and playing like a superstar and it only took pay 1 week to achieve this... Amazing let's extend pays contract now
Why bother commenting.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is who tapped him on the shoulder, I'd love to know.
It had nothing to do with talent it was purely financial- almost another victim of the Hasler/Dib/Castle salary cap debacle
Thank God for our current Football Club Administration

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis was a standout in ISP for me. Robust tackler, pushed up on breaks, did stuff like point to the ground or air to indicate possible options on breaks and general field position kicking as well. His positioning of other players for passes showed glimpses of real class too. I was miffed why it took so long for Pay to give him a shot so perhaps it does give credence to Pay being the one who told him he wasn't up to 1st grade. The good thing is history has rectified the issue and the kid is in 1st grade. The only thing I would love Lachlen to do more is go to the line but that will come with confidence. Funnily enough, and fingers crossed,if Foran can remain injury free we will have 2 assertive scheming halves taking each side of the ruck this season. Food for thought indeed.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not into any negative reporting on The Prince in ref to who tapped him on the shoulder. Its over his ours. Lets enjoy what we have . he will be my favorite player while his with us