The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And Finch gets 8 this time. 19 straight limited overs games without a 50 now. Who is Finch giving blowies to?

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to rate finch as a player but no there are so many better young talents.. he better not be in the world cup squad

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Maxwell just hit his 3rd t20 hundred against India in India to win the series. It baffles me that he can't make the ODI team let alone the test team
What are you talking about? He IS in the ODI team and has played all but two ODI's for Australia over the past 18 months

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Finch gone for a duck.

Lmao what a mother fucker.
He hasn't broken 50 in 20 innings now, and his last 3 are 0, 8, 0. I think they might just keep it the same till Warner and Smith are available later this month. Then hes gone. I can't explain why Finch is in the side any other way. And even then it's not a great reason to keep someone who has been shockingly out of form all summer in the top side

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to be an interesting world cup for us, our ODI form is abysmal and it can't even be blamed on sand paper gate. We have lost 20 of our last 24 ODI games. Going to take some turning around that is for sure.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Article today with the players and others praising Finch for keeping a level head and not letting his poor batting form affect his captaincy. Yeh great Captaincy Finch, we have won 4 of the last 24 ODIs. So how good is his captaincy really?

Ive been watching the cricket for about 45 years. Never in that time have i seen a player so dreadfully out of form, in the Australian side. And i have never seen a poorer player as Captain. Not sure whats going on but surely there are more players to choose from. Surely Warner and Smith are not the only good players in the country who are not in the team. If it was the Dogs performing like that, and the Captain was so shit for so long, i would be picketing the club by now.

Finch is a disgrace and if it was my decision, would NEVER play for Australia in any format again. Hes shit.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Article today with the players and others praising Finch for keeping a level head and not letting his poor batting form affect his captaincy. Yeh great Captaincy Finch, we have won 4 of the last 24 ODIs. So how good is his captaincy really?

Ive been watching the cricket for about 45 years. Never in that time have i seen a player so dreadfully out of form, in the Australian side. And i have never seen a poorer player as Captain. Not sure whats going on but surely there are more players to choose from. Surely Warner and Smith are not the only good players in the country who are not in the team. If it was the Dogs performing like that, and the Captain was so shit for so long, i would be picketing the club by now.

Finch is a disgrace and if it was my decision, would NEVER play for Australia in any format again. Hes shit.
I dont think we have a choice. That's how bad our state players are that we cant replace him.

I feel sorry for the bloke. From scoring 10 centuries in 4 years (ODIs) to lacking so much confidence. He used to be the reliable one to get us off to good starts

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if you guys follow much cricket outside of the internationals but it was good to see Josh hazlewood get back to the country and have a game for his hometown team.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know if you guys follow much cricket outside of the internationals but it was good to see Josh hazlewood get back to the country and have a game for his hometown team.
His brother carved up (from the Northern Daily Leader):

Aaron Hazlewood takes 9-18 on a day Josh Hazlewood returns to country cricket

DAY TO SAVOUR: "I've got eight [wickets] before but it's pretty special to get nine," Aaron Hazlewood says.

Josh Hazlewood's appearance for his childhood club, Old Boys, against City United at No.1 Oval on Saturday was never going to be topped. But his elder brother, Old Boys allrounder Aaron, operated under his own powerful spotlight en route to taking 9-18, as City were routed for 68 in the 44th over.

It was a career-best showing (his previous best was 8-22) that came after he said on the eve of the match that he wanted to impress his "younger bro", in a match he regarded as "special".

Aaron, who soon turns 30, and Josh, who recently turned 28, spoke to The Leader after the match.

People flock to see 'top bloke' Josh Hazlewood play for Old Boys

Aaron was motivated by his younger brother's presence in the match, which concludes on Saturday. "It's always good to have him back," he said. "I didn't think I'd get to play with him again. So, yeah, it was a pretty good day, actually.

"I've got eight [wickets] before but it's pretty special to get nine [off 20.4 overs]. And I thought I bowled quite well. It's good the big fella [Josh] can catch. Good to have somebody who can catch, finally, in slips … it was a good day out."

Support the local news keeping you informed - subscribe today

Three of his victims were caught by Josh at first slip. And Aaron believes he should have had 10 scalps, telling cricket.com.au: "I reckon I had the 10th too - got him lbw but it wasn't given."

Josh repaid Aaron's pre-match "special" comment by saying his brother's bowling performance on Saturday was "special".

Sign up to The Leader and receive breaking news and top stories straight to you inbox

The whole occasion was special. No.1 was bathed in sunshine; a good crowd turned up, including lots of kids; a good vibe rippled around the ground; Aaron roared; Josh hung on to catches; and then Josh finished the day on 31 not out, which included a six over mid wicket that cleared the fence by about 20 metres.

About the only thing that wasn't special was City United, a team dreadfully out of form. Their malaise was epitomised by Tait Jordan, who, when fielding at silly mid on, dropped a skied shot from Josh. As the Australian vice-captain, Bendemeer-raised, strolled through for his 28th run, Jordan, third on the bowling standings this season, was splayed face first on the ground, clearly gutted.

Old Boys finished the day 3-107, having already sealed the minor premiership prior to the final-round clash.

BLOOD BOND: Aaron and Josh post-match.

The once high-flying City went into the match in second placed but had lost their three previous contests, and less than 10 points separated them from fifth-placed West Tamworth heading into this round.

Josh, a 44-Test quick with 164 wickets at an average of 27.2, is playing his first match for Old Boys since they lost the 2008 grand final to Norths - his last country match, up until Saturday.

"It was good to see a few kids around," he said of Saturday's crowd. "And obviously a few parents as well. So it was a nice turnout, and I hope it is the same next week [this week]."

Attachments

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@CroydonDog what has the pitch been like? i obviously missed nearly the entire innings here. Difficult to bat on or just some really good bowling from us?

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kohlis 40th odi 100, averaging 60. Punter averaged 42 and scored 30 100s. Kohli will be once retired the greatest odi batsmen on record.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kohlis 40th odi 100, averaging 60. Punter averaged 42 and scored 30 100s. Kohli will be once retired the greatest odi batsmen on record.
One thing i have always had huge respect for with his short form record, it is so rare to see him play ridiculous T20 style hit and giggle shots, he just plays real cricket shots.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing i have always had huge respect for with his short form record, it is so rare to see him play ridiculous T20 style hit and giggle shots, he just plays real cricket shots.
Agree, I've never been able to get into t20 for that reason, I still don't see it as cricket

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, I've never been able to get into t20 for that reason, I still don't see it as cricket
tbh i don't mind watching the big bash, but i do take it for what it is, not a serious game of cricket. I will say i really hate how CA just suspend all other state cricket to accommodate it though, they need to figure out something better with that...Damn finch just out, that was a promising partnership for once.