10. Dylan Napa
11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott

14. Jeremy Marshall-king
15. Jesse Sue
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Corey Harawira-Naera/Chris Smith
With Sue and Elliott (and potentially Jackson depending on how we use CHN) already part of the middle rotation I’d dispense of Fualalo for Chris Smith as he offers a lot more skill and impact.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
02. Reimis Smith
03. Will Hopaote
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Christian Crichton
06. Keiran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott

14. Jeremy Marshall-king
15. Jesse Sue
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Corey Harawira-Naera/Chris Smith
This seems like the most likely team. I’m excited to see how Meaney goes at fullback with the first grade team (if he gets chosen for round 1).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You reckon? I think if u got it u got it. Lewis and Smith were near tripe in ISP when Harper is solid. His our next shining light.
Smith and Lewis had a whole lot more football under their belt before playing NRL. Is he ready? Or is he only getting suggested because we have no one else.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith and Lewis had a whole lot more football under their belt before playing NRL. Is he ready? Or is he only getting suggested because we have no one else.
Yeah.. I guess at least Smith had a debut under his belt and Lewis had a couple of years in reserve grade. Still think Harper is good enough though considering he adapted quick in ISP so I can imagine his just a natural. Would he be considered if there was someone else? Maybe if injuries arise.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I guess at least Smith had a debut under his belt and Lewis had a couple of years in reserve grade. Still think Harper is good enough though considering he adapted quick in ISP so I can imagine his just a natural. Would he be considered if there was someone else? Maybe if injuries arise.
It's a big jump at his age going from Flegg to ISP and going to NRL is even bigger. Give him more game time in ISP and if he stands out and knocks the door down then put him in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a big jump at his age going from Flegg to ISP and going to NRL is even bigger. Give him more game time in ISP and if he stands out and knocks the door down then put him in.
I assume that's the plan.. tbh i doubt he'll struggle with the transition.

Age is just a number.. this kids got kids and left home to support them. His mature for his age and has a strong head on those overgrown shoulders.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I assume that's the plan.. tbh i doubt he'll struggle with the transition.

Age is just a number.. this kids got kids and left home to support them. His mature for his age and has a strong head on those overgrown shoulders.
We could throw him in and he might go well its a gamble.

The thing that needs to be weighed up is if its good for his development or if hes on'y playing because we are weak in that area. If he isn't ready and we throw him in it could ruin his confidence and really set him back.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Option 1

1. Hopoate
2. R Smith
3. Holland
4. CHN
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Elliot

14. Sue
15. Ogden
16. C Smith
17. Martin

Option 2

1. Meaney
2. R Smith
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Elliot

14. Sue
15. Ogden
16. C Smith
17. CHN

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option 1

1. Hopoate
2. R Smith
3. Holland
4. CHN
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Elliot

14. Sue
15. Ogden
16. C Smith
17. Martin

Option 2

1. Meaney
2. R Smith
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Elliot

14. Sue
15. Ogden
16. C Smith
17. CHN
From whats been said in the media it looks like we will start with option 2. Probably pay will favour fualalo more instead of ogden

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
From whats been said in the media it looks like we will start with option 2. Probably pay will favour fualalo more instead of ogden
I expect Pay to go with Fualalo and for JMK to worm his way onto the bench somehow. I think there's better options.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I expect Pay to go with Fualalo and for JMK to worm his way onto the bench somehow. I think there's better options.
Still can't believe pay thinks Elliot is a better lock than JJ and that he brought over chn for a bench spot where he could easily accommodate an edge. Seriously sends the doubt metre in motion.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still can't believe pay thinks Elliot is a better lock than JJ and that he brought over chn for a bench spot where he could easily accommodate an edge. Seriously sends the doubt metre in motion.
I agree u dont bring a backrower in on 700 000 a season to drink water and watch.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot and JMK are his pets. I like Adam enough to include him in my 17 though, off the bench even.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure CHN wasnt lured from Penriff for no first grade game time.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
  1. Meany
  2. Crichton
  3. Hoppa
  4. Holland
  5. Smith
  6. Foz/ Cogger
  7. Lewis
  8. Tolman
  9. Lichaa/ JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Martin
  12. RFM
  13. Jackson
  14. Elliot
  15. Sue
  16. CHN
  17. Whoever the coaching staff loves the most out of: Fualalo/ Ogden/ To'Omaga/ Smith/ Tualau

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot and JMK are his pets. I like Adam enough to include him in my 17 though, off the bench even.
I like Adam too... Watched him grow through the ranks and is blue and white to the bone but HE IS NOT OUR BEST LOCK so why is he there? Pet or good work ethic, this is a competition at the end of the day.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Adam too... Watched him grow through the ranks and is blue and white to the bone but HE IS NOT OUR BEST LOCK so why is he there? Pet or good work ethic, this is a competition at the end of the day.
I think that Jackson will give us more benefit by playing wide. He has to provide cover for a few suspect tacklers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that Jackson will give us more benefit by playing wide. He has to provide cover for a few suspect tacklers.
CHN can defend and If you didn't notice RFM played next to Foran in the trial for D. Did ok too which surprised me but I think its was mainly because he wanted to prove he wanted his spot, Hope the guy don't get complacent once he gets it.

As well if you sure up the middle even more with JJ there it saves your line from getting bent which means there is less stress on your outside backs to move in.
That means much easier to defend against shift plays for this vulnerable backline.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay must think Jacko is more valuable on the edge and he has been threatening of late, gained a yard of speed and his ball playing improved. Elliot has that work ethic and passion Dean fancies.

I personally have always thought Jackson has the attributes to be a really great lock and would like to see him there in the future, but right now he is also our best second rower.

It's a tasty thought though KLil I must admit. I would be very happy with this too:
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

Last edited: