News Pay on Talkin' Sport

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh, I heard it yesterday while driving home from work.

He acknowledged CHN's versatility and that he can play in the centres.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa has one of the best hands in the game.

Let’s hope his defence is decent, cause he was leaking tries last year.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting comment about picking the best 17 players and working out the rotations from there. Also interesting that he mentioned Martin in the same breath as Jackson and RFM when asked about backrowers, so maybe all is not lost for Rhyse just yet. Fualalo and one of Lichaa/JMK don’t make my best 17. Maybe Martin wins a bench spot since he could at a pinch fill in at dummy-half.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting comment about picking the best 17 players and working out the rotations from there. Also interesting that he mentioned Martin in the same breath as Jackson and RFM when asked about backrowers, so maybe all is not lost for Rhyse just yet. Fualalo and one of Lichaa/JMK don’t make my best 17. Maybe Martin wins a bench spot since he could at a pinch fill in at dummy-half.
What has Martin shown that makes you think he can fill in at dummy half......

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Fualalo is better off playing mins in NSW Cup and refining his game

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, Holland can fill in at dummy half and CHN can play centre if needed. Fualalo and one of Lichaa/JMK don’t make my best 17 either.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What has Martin shown that makes you think he can fill in at dummy half......
Can he pass a football? Can he defend in the middle? Does he have football intelligence? Could he be asked to do a job in a way that Michael Crocker used to for the Roosters, for a few minutes here and there? Obviously, yes.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously think this team could do with another trial..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can he pass a football? Can he defend in the middle? Does he have football intelligence? Could he be asked to do a job in a way that Michael Crocker used to for the Roosters, for a few minutes here and there? Obviously, yes.
So can the rest of our pack? Jacko, Elliott.... why do we need a third-stringer?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He used to be a 5/8 so you’d think he have a decent pass and some football intelligence

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets go boys, feel that tingling in the balls........wait wheres my dog

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He used to be a 5/8 so you’d think he have a decent pass and some football intelligence
Yes I remembered he was once a 5/8 also so you’re right.

I’m not saying Rhyse should play dummy-half at all but if we are looking for reasons why he might be selected in the 17 his potential ability to fill in there at a pinch might help.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s about picking our best 17 players and getting the most out of their skills. Is there room in your best 17 for both Lichaa and JMK?
So if we have 17 gun second rowers do we just play em all over the park?....

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, you’ll have to try better with your arguments.
That’s your argument. You said that the most skilled players get picked (regardless of positional balance within the 1-17). You must of been dropped on your head as a baby, toddler, child, and adult