News Soward's Say: 2019 Canterbury Bulldogs

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck off you pig nosed ****! 15th ... Get fucked!

Soward was a robot in this video clearly reading off an autocue with no emotion at all in his voice. 100% not Sowards opinion... probably Greenbergs.
He is clearly not cut out for a role on screen. The switches to side camera made it seem even worse.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take another dive you nobody!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
15th would be a major fail, and would see a number of players and staff under pressure.
A better finish than last season is a must and finals would be considered a success imo.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15th would be a major fail, and would see a number of players and staff under pressure.
A better finish than last season is a must and finals would be considered a success imo.
I can’t see us coming 15th. We either make the 8 or finish just outside it (9th).

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why even care about his thoughts, they are just that. No use expending energy on frustration with an “opinion” piece by Soward.

Grain of salt...

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/27/sowards-say-2019-canterbury-bulldogs/

Jamie Soward gives his thoughts on the 2019 Canterbury Bulldogs. What are their strengths and weaknesses and where will they finish on the ladder.
Well I predict Kalyn Ponga to struggle this year at 6, Lachlan Lewis to play origin. Nathan brown and Ricky Stuart to be sacked as head coaches. Penrith will struggle with injuries and miss the 8. Bulldogs to come 7th if Foran plays full season. With Melbourne salary cap crisis I wouldn’t be surprised if the dogs get Brandon Smith as our 9.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
15th my ass
Fk you Soward and your lisp talking headgear

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top 8 or Pay gets sacked that’s my prediction

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t mind Soward, I almost feel sorry for him with the disapproval he gets. His analysis generally is pretty sharp and well constructed. And at the end of the day he was instrumental in Saints winning the premiership and he didn’t embarrass himself in Origin. He is wrong about where we’ll finish but that’s ok.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be upset if I gave a fuck about his opinion.
He couldnt tackle to save his life so was dumped as a footballer and now the rugby league community has to put up with his opinions. He has no idea. Of course all so called commentators are asked this time of year for their predictions...so they immediately rehash last years top 8 as certainties.
In reality the only certainty in the NRL is that last years top 8 wont be this years. It has never been that way.
With us being favorites for the spoon (all the betting agencies have us favorite), we will fly under the radar.
We all saw enough in that first half against the Raiders to have confidence that we can play finals footy again in 2019. We are seriously not that far behind the best teams. We've used the offseason productively by FINALLY concentrating on ballwork and up tempo attacking footy.
The boys want to measure themselves against every team. What can anyone else do that we cant? Nothing!
Put a little something on us making the 8 because our price will come in after Round 5.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
LOL at "Soward's Say"... I'd prefer listening to "Ben Roberts' Say" over that tools opinions