News Soward's Say: 2019 Canterbury Bulldogs

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to agree with a lot of what he said, particularly the consistency piece, that will be our biggest challenge....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
WGF (world's greatest flopper) is wrong far more often than he is right. Remember he picked the Cowboys as #2 last year :fearscream: , the Eels at #6 :| , the Warriors at #15 and Manly at #10 :screamcat: just some examples of his intimate NRL knowledge. From memory from his ladder for the season start last year not one of them was correct at season end. That takes SKILL :tonguewink:

SKILL = Smith-Kettlewell Institute Low Luminance it's a vision test which WGF plainly fails.

Go Dogs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
WGF (world's greatest flopper) is wrong far more often than he is right. Remember he picked the Cowboys as #2 last year :fearscream: , the Eels at #6 :| , the Warriors at #15 and Manly at #10 :screamcat: just some examples of his intimate NRL knowledge. From memory from his ladder for the season start last year not one of them was correct at season end. That takes SKILL :tonguewink:

SKILL = Smith-Kettlewell Institute Low Luminance it's a vision test which WGF plainly fails.

Go Dogs
90% picked Cowboys to go well and even win the comp last year.

Don't be salty because someone has an opinion that isn't favourable to what you want to read about your team.

We aren't in the top echelon of teams atm.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Consistency won't be an issue because the boys turned up for every game last year but just didn't have anything in the halves to generate points, which of course is not the case to start the new season

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Consistency won't be an issue because the boys turned up for every game last year but just didn't have anything in the halves to generate points, which of course is not the case to start the new season
Agree re consistency and had been thinking the same. Consistency is a mindset and I believe we’ll turn up every week.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its always interesting reading "expert" opinions but honestly know one ever gets it right.i just had a look at his 2018 predictions and the only positions he got correct were Sharks (4th) and Panthers (5th) there are always surprises. hopefully we can be a surprise packet like 2009 and 2012

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its always interesting reading "expert" opinions but honestly know one ever gets it right.i just had a look at his 2018 predictions and the only positions he got correct were Sharks (4th) and Panthers (5th) there are always surprises. hopefully we can be a surprise packet like 2009 and 2012
Careful, lest you be accused of being “salty”.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
who is Jamie Soward ? 15th yeah sure, We have a better squad than last year. he will be the first to look like a dickhead.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game we boo'd him all the way to England, one of my favourite memories as a fan.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
15th Lol.. (doubt that)

Milkman lol...(believe that)

What a joke lol..(truth)

Go Doggies..!!!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with his comments about Foran. But, it is becoming a little old. Every commentator has mentioned this bloke’s name in their assessment of our upcoming season. Our season does not necessarily depend on Foran. We managed to win games without him last year and most likely can again. He should have mentioned foran’s name in ‘who to watch out for’ because a fit and firing Foran is a bonus and threat to other teams.

Agree with his comments about Meaney. But, he I think Hoppa is more dangerous. Hoppa is capable of causing so much damage with the ball in his hand and other teams should watch out for him.

Lastly, Soward is making a prediction based on how we went last year. This year the dogs side is very different so I wouldn’t lay too much attention to it. The dogs for me are either going to make the 8 or finish last. I don’t see them finishing the same as last year. I really hope the boys can get those early wins and remain in 8.