Dogs predicted R1 lineup

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I think we will need Hoppa at the back with his runs out of our end. We won’t be as focused on wedding metres out of the bald baby this year it will be outside backs getting plenty more ball time and I don’t think Meaney will be strong enough yet

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris Smith?

I watched the trial again and his first hit up a late offload to create a break
Next play Lewis turns it back in for him to settle and the play after that we run a move with Holland scoring his double

That try is not possible without the lead up work a momentum the offload created to give us front foot ball as Raiders were scrambling on D

I really like the look of his play and impact he brings off the bench and wouldn’t be mad if he jags a bench spot!!
Yes I was talking about Chris smith
Our recruitment team have a good eye
Very good footy brain and tough

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes I was talking about Chris smith
Our recruitment team have a good eye
Very good footy brain and tough
Yup

I’m confident in the depth we have in our pack

Even at hooker (granted we not flushed with options) but Lichaa is playing for his future, JMK is gunning for a starting spot and don’t sleep on Brown when he gets back

Halves - A healthy Foz with Lewis and Cogger

Wings and fullback sorted

My only concern is Centre....an injury to Holland or Hoppa and our depth is exposed

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m thinking Meaney at fullback because despite Hoppa struggling in defence he’s the best option we have for the centre spot in my opionion. Overall it gives us a stronger backline with Meaney and Hoppa both in it then trying to manufacture a centre out of Montoya.
We do look stronger with both those boys in
Montoya give me the jitters
Nicks speed at the back will be great
To cover the kicks in behind the line and also chime into the backline
Mick potter style

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I think we will need Hoppa at the back with his runs out of our end. We won’t be as focused on wedding metres out of the bald baby this year it will be outside backs getting plenty more ball time and I don’t think Meaney will be strong enough yet
With you on that.

Hoppa is pretty underrated at fullback around these parts for some reason. IMO he's a rock solid option. Positioning is great, safe under the high ball, strong kick returns and chimes in beautifully with his hands/passing in the attacking 20. Yeah sure he ain't electric, but he does other things a lot better than what most of the speedsters do.

Meaney's a top prospect but still very raw and was a little shaky at times in FG last year. I'd prefer to see him develop a bit more.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My only fear with having Meaney at FB is that he is still a rookie and might cost us a few games whilst learning the trade which might land us the spoon. Our squad is inexperienced enough as it is and we need to win every game that we can. Playing Hoppa in the centres weakens two positions, he's an average centre (Parramatta) but currently the best FB at the club.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup

Even at hooker (granted we not flushed with options) but Lichaa is playing for his future, JMK is gunning for a starting spot and don’t sleep on Brown when he gets back

My only concern is Centre....an injury to Holland or Hoppa and our depth is exposed
That hooker position will be interesting during the year
Dean must have everybody on notice for a permanent vacation
Not taking about Disney Land

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Reimis Smith
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Christian Crichton
06. Keiran Foran
07. Jack Cogger
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott

14. Lachlan Lewis
15. Jesse Sue
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Glad you are not picking the team coach

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay interview

I think he’s going Meaney 1
Hoppa 4
Expect CHN and Jesse bench and Crichton wing

He didn’t mention Cogger so Lewis 7

He’s probably going

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Crichton
6. Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. JJ
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. Jesse
16. CHN
17. Fualolo
Hopoate is by far our best fullback option. Daylight second. Meaney is not ready.
Montoya will start round 1 in the centres.
Don’t be surprised if Martin heads back to the Cowboys before June 30 freeing up space for an outside back.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If pay hasen't at least trained or trialed 1 or 2 of our many backrowers in the centers I'd be disappointed with him, so many believe that we are short int the centers but have what looks like an abundance of good back rowers, some backrowers make the transition very easily.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup

Harper can do the job.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopoate is by far our best fullback option. Daylight second. Meaney is not ready.
Montoya will start round 1 in the centres.
Don’t be surprised if Martin heads back to the Cowboys before June 30 freeing up space for an outside back.
I'm willing to lose Martin if we somehow nab Morris back.

Apart from Harper and Holland we are up shit creek if Injuries occur.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Not going to say that he deserves it over the other candidate's for centre. But I would like to see Okonbur get a crack there as I think he could be devastating in attack.

We all know of his physicality but I recall the games I watched him playing second row on the left (ISP) and he knows how to setup his outside man so he wouldn't be a one trick bash n barge pony. Though watching him bash n barge and rattle some rib cages would be fun as fuck.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure that Dean and his coaching staff/committee already have a team in mind for round 1
I wonder if the players get a nod at some point in private just to get them ready
Our fullback position and if Chris Smith squeezes in are my only questions
Any thoughts,is the team set in stone

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My only concern with Harper is that he is so young and green

I’d rather Montoya and that’s saying something