News Bulldogs coach set to earn a Pay day

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs a chance with the squad he wants at the end of this year they will have cash to burn and we can be active in player market everyone is writing us off need to prove them wrong
No point in grabbing players and paying them overs for the sake of it I think there waiting for quality players to be on the market and will make moves

doggydaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I was once talking to chief Paul Harrigan about coaches

He said you have to give a coach 3 years

The first year they are dealing with the structure in place from the previous

The 2nd year he is building on the changed he tried to implement the year before

By the 3rd year it’s all on him

He has had time to get his own systems in place
His own staff to help
And to develop a game plan to best suit a team he has grown

I go along with that

I think he deserves a 3rd year.

Especially given the shit fight he had to deal with so far
Give him one extra year contract plus one year option after that in the clubs favor .

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ys-contract-report/1jz4b8mfugnzw1vnwxvsubaire

“In a shock development News Limited is reporting Bulldogs management will next week begin negotiating a contract extension for the second-year coach... According to News Limited both parties are keen to reach a deal before their season-opener against the New Zealand Warriors on March 16.”
Meh - nothing to see.
Headline drama queens. Regurgitated old news crap.
Destabilizing rubbish only

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s see how we go in the first 8 rounds or so.

He’s doing an ok job his only major fuck up was retaining lichaa.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While deano should be extended I dont see the rush ball is in our court only way I see him is going if he goes to parra ... 95 anyone

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First 3 games are all very winnable.

He needs 2 wins from the first 3 games to even start the conversation about a new contract.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First 3 games are all very winnable.

He needs 2 wins from the first 3 games to even start the conversation about a new contract.
I’m thinking we SHOULD win 3/4

Storm is probably a safe L

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While deano should be extended I dont see the rush ball is in our court only way I see him is going if he goes to parra ... 95 anyone
I see Parra as Dymocks last chance at a head coach gig. If Arthur does alright this year, that option closes.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they want to give Pay an extension 1 year max I'd say.

I understand he's taken on the team at a bad time and he's a bulldog but it's time for a premiership, 15 years is too long.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they want to give Pay an extension 1 year max I'd say.

I understand he's taken on the team at a bad time and he's a bulldog but it's time for a premiership, 15 years is too long.
15 years is way too long

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
15 years is way too long
Pay’s not to blame for that.

And I just can’t see “Holbrook” or “Stevie G” or some other random coach stepping in and suddenly taking us to the promised land. Wasn’t that what Hasler was supposed to do?

It took Folkes seven seasons to get us there and Anderson six. If only Pay was so lucky.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard a rumour that if Dean Pay doesn't aim up after 6-8 games he will be replaced by Chris Anderson's son, with Chris in the background. If this happens it will destroy the club, they seem to be a very happy club at the moment. I would like to see Dean ge
t another two years at least.
It's not a rumour mate..although don't believe the timing of it sounds too dramatic....Ben Anderson will be the first grade coach at some stage maybe 2021

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay’s not to blame for that.

And I just can’t see “Holbrook” or “Stevie G” or some other random coach stepping in and suddenly taking us to the promised land. Wasn’t that what Hasler was supposed to do?

It took Folkes seven seasons to get us there and Anderson six. If only Pay was so lucky.
Nobody's blaming Pay for it. But people also need to stop supporting him blindly. He's yet to prove himself, let's see what he does up until round 12 before giving him an extension.

I don't buy into this instability business, not many players are going to come to the bulldogs because Dean Pay is the coach. They're going to come here because we make them a fair and reasonable offer.

But giving him 6 or 7 years because he's a good bloke isn't realistic, things have changed from the 80's and 90's.

As someone said in another thread in 2020 he should have close to the team he wants. If he can't deliver then we need to consider our options.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nobody's blaming Pay for it. But people also need to stop supporting him blindly. He's yet to prove himself, let's see what he does up until round 12 before giving him an extension.

I don't buy into this instability business, not many players are going to come to the bulldogs because Dean Pay is the coach. They're going to come here because we make them a fair and reasonable offer.

But giving him 6 or 7 years because he's a good bloke isn't realistic, things have changed from the 80's and 90's.

As someone said in another thread in 2020 he should have close to the team he wants. If he can't deliver then we need to consider our options.
Any coach that replaces him is going to take another 3 or 4 seasons to get the team they want. The cycle just repeats and we’ll be no closer to winning a premiership.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not a rumour mate..although don't believe the timing of it sounds too dramatic....Ben Anderson will be the first grade coach at some stage maybe 2021
If we go down the path of nepotism we’ll be the joke of the league.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any coach that replaces him is going to take another 3 or 4 seasons to get the team they want. The cycle just repeats and we’ll be no closer to winning a premiership.
Not necessarily, look at the premiers in the last 10 years and the length of time the coaches have been there. Yes some inherited good squads but there's obviously some very good man managers out there capable of getting the best out of what they have too.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not necessarily, look at the premiers in the last 10 years and the length of time the coaches have been there. Yes some inherited good squads but there's obviously some very good man managers out there capable of getting the best out of what they have too.
Such as?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? It's not that hard to remember so I'm not really going to document them for you.

It's great you love certain people involved in the club, that can be seen by your posts but some level of objectivity is required rather than blind faith.