Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a gun center. Wish we made a play for Jesse Ramien last year.

There was one spot left, which the club allocated to Morgan Harper a month or so ago.
Would love Ramien, he’s a tough ****.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given we added Morgan Harper to our top squad, we no longer have a spot for a new recruit. But I'm fine with that.
We have plenty of players off contract at the end of the year, so we will have a good chunk of cash to splash on the positions that don't fire this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Centre and then hooker. Although I doubt we could get a hooker mid season that would make that much difference.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy to save the money for 2020. Unless it's for salary cap reasons, no good players would be let go mid season anyway.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d go all out for a gun centre like Joseph Manu.

Also one of the young gun hookers like brailey.

Prop would be another to look at but with Napa tolman sue and Ogden (he’s the one I see kicking on) we should be ok especially if Renouf can convert his nsw cup form eventually.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loosing klemmer left us a big hole, Napa is good but he's not like klemmer. To'omaga needs to step up this year he is capable of tiring the opposition defence and breaking the defence line. I was impressed with Sue he'll come handy this year.

So I wouldn't look at getting another prop I think we lack an experience centre. I would get a centre.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Priority number 1 has to be a hooker. I don't know if there would be any mid season players good enough to waste the money on tbh. We should be looking at marquee signings for next season and anything less to start with would be wasting and weakening our bargaining position. Players only give a fuk about the $$$ so we need as much as possible.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our biggest area of concern at the moment has to be at right centre. Who the hell is going to play there if Hopoate plays fullback as expected? Overall we have long term question marks in a few areas: Fullback, Centre, Hooker, Prop. I think this season will answer a few questions in those areas regarding whether we can fill the void internally. eg, Meeney/Hoppa at fullback, Renouf/Ogden at prop, JMK/Brown at Hooker. But unless Harper develops into a first grade standard centre i just don't see an answer there. And that is assuming Holland is good enough to hold down the other spot...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a Centre and Hooker big time. Anyone on the free market would be better than what we've got.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kotoni stags would be a freak signing but highly unlikely
Jennings yuk no thanks

The warriors have a young gun called turner who plays right wing/centre

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks need too offload a player. I’d be happy with either Brailey at this stage if it means I never see Lichaa play for us again

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah keep an eye on the sharks and return the favour when clubs were circling us!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Centre and hooker a two obvious choices, but i'm also keen for a big athletic winger. I rate Smith, but Chrichton doesn't impress me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Loosing klemmer left us a big hole, Napa is good but he's not like klemmer. To'omaga needs to step up this year he is capable of tiring the opposition defence and breaking the defence line. I was impressed with Sue he'll come handy this year.

So I wouldn't look at getting another prop I think we lack an experience centre. I would get a centre.
The only hole that left the bulldogs when Klemmer left, was an arse hole.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nick cotric would fit our team great and would be a superb signing! The guy would absolutely carv up for us.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at the off contract list for 2019 on Zero Tackle there's not much quality out there.
Fullback Gutherson, Kahu, French.
Centre Solomone Kata, Feki
Hooker Mitch Rein, Wayde Egan, Reece Robson, Api Korosau
Prop Joe O, Fensom, Blake Lawrie, Christian Welch.

I'd try to get Gutherson, Kata, Reece Robson and Blake Lawrie