Dogs predicted R1 lineup

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are looking very thin in the centres.....Chris Smith needs to play in the centres...Montoya will get lapped
Lol Montoya is twice as fast and fit as Chris Smith. I like smith though, just not in the backs. He’s a second rower/lock

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopoate
R Smith Right wing
Harper Right centre
Holland Left Centre
Crichton left wing
Foran right edge defending
Lewis left side in D
Napa - 50 minutes middle
Liccha
Tolman - 60 minutes middle
Jackson left edge
RFM right edge
Elliott middle - 60 minutes middle

CHN - covers centre if injuries in the backs or play minutes on the edge with Jackson / RFM rested or in the middle.
Sue
Ogden
Fualalo

Pay will go with JMK in 14 though which means either Ogden or Fualalo misses out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There can only be two options for the back 5 and that’s-
1. Hoppa
2. Crichton
3. Holland
4. Montoya
5. Smith

Or

1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Smith

No one else looks even close to being ready for NRL. After the trial yesterday I’d say it will be Hoppa at the back and Montoya centre.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopoate
R Smith Right wing
Harper Right centre
Holland Left Centre
Crichton left wing
Foran right edge defending
Lewis left side in D
Napa - 50 minutes middle
Liccha
Tolman - 60 minutes middle
Jackson left edge
RFM right edge
Elliott middle - 60 minutes middle

CHN - covers centre if injuries in the backs or play minutes on the edge with Jackson / RFM rested or in the middle.
Sue
Ogden
Fualalo

Pay will go with JMK in 14 though which means either Ogden or Fualalo misses out.
With talk of Martin wanting a release I’d say he’d be guaranteed a bench spot to keep him happy

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With talk of Martin wanting a release I’d say he’d be guaranteed a bench spot to keep him happy
I like Martin as a player. Good support play, great goal kicking, can find the try line.
To fit into dogs line up this year he needs to play in the middle. RFM, CHN and Jackson all ahead of him as edge back rowers.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Cogger sees the objective situation. He’s cactus
he's still a young man... he will see game time at some stage.. his situation would have been no better at the Knights; he's just gotta take his chances when they come I guess, and anything could happen with Foz but fingers crossed he can see the season through

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have watched the last 7 games, and a lot of other Bulldog games. Hopoate is a fair footballer.
However, he is to slow, his defence is second rate, and his ball returns are non existent.
He does have the ability to set up other players to finish off what he may have started.
I’m glad you agree that of the current players last season Hopoate had more runs, run metres, try assists, final passes, post contact metres and off loads than anyone else. He is also totally safe under the high ball. On numerous occasions his ball returns were so good that they resulted in try’s. He is safe, reliable and dependable and most of all he does it consistently game to game.

There is far more to being a fullback than the simplistic “how fast he can run”.

Go Dogs

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m glad you agree that of the current players last season Hopoate had more runs, run metres, try assists, final passes, post contact metres and off loads than anyone else. He is also totally safe under the high ball. On numerous occasions his ball returns were so good that they resulted in try’s. He is safe, reliable and dependable and most of all he does it consistently game to game.

There is far more to being a fullback than the simplistic “how fast he can run”.

Go Dogs
Here here sir

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think nick has shown enough yet to start at 1 in first grade so has to be hoppa at fb and marcello at centre and nick to play 1 in reserves for now

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Chris Smith has to be on the bench - he’s a enforcer type of player and knows how to bend the line

S.Sue is a strong hard runner, can break the line if there is a hole as he packs some speed as we seen in yesterday’s trial

JMK has quick service from DH but lacks creativity, albeit he has potential and as hard as it is to say I would have Lichaa starting 9 for the first few games and make a early switch if he’s shit house

I like the idea of a Meaney- Hoppa switch on field, it’ll build Meaney some confidence at FB and just imagine a Hoppa-Smith W/C combination I believe that’ll be deadly.

Halves for me are Lewis/Foran and if Foran stays injury free he can orchestrate this team as he likes and Lewis can be dynamic and has plenty of potential to be a start half.

11,12,13 - Jackson,RFM,Elliot no question there.

All and all if this team clicks we can go along way this year. Yeah we might not be the prettiest and high profile name club but what we have is pride and hunger.
Would really like Smith to be like Dean Widders was in his prime

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I respect your position however just to clarify...Elliott cant play hooker and Meaney cant play 6 or 7. Also If Meaney plays Fullback what roaming role for Hopa would you be referring to? Fullback is generally the "roaming role" in attack.
AE can play hooker for 10 minutes if need be. I didn't say Meaney can play 6 or 7. Meaney would go to fullback and Hopoate would go to the halves.

Have you never watched Origin? QLD for the past decade have a half/back on the bench that comes on and plays a 2nd roaming role similar to fullback.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think nick has shown enough yet to start at 1 in first grade so has to be hoppa at fb and marcello at centre and nick to play 1 in reserves for now
Meaney looked ok yesterday until confronted by someone running hard towards him - then he looked like Brad Abbey - didn't put his body on the line, which is what he is paid to do. I thought Cogger and Montoya went ok. As someone wrote earlier (Spoonman) yesterdays game showed a lot about those not ready for first grade.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AE can play hooker for 10 minutes if need be. I didn't say Meaney can play 6 or 7. Meaney would go to fullback and Hopoate would go to the halves.

Have you never watched Origin? QLD for the past decade have a half/back on the bench that comes on and plays a 2nd roaming role similar to fullback.
QLD have a utility on the bench as does NSW. Eliott couldn’t play hooker for 60 seconds.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
QLD have a utility on the bench as does NSW. Eliott couldn’t play hooker for 60 seconds.
Lol OK Des. Also NSW having a utility on the bench has nothing to do with this. You need to open your mind instead of being a robot. Think outside the box instead of being a sheep.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol OK Des. Also NSW having a utility on the bench has nothing to do with this. You need to open your mind instead of being a robot. Think outside the box instead of being a sheep.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I don’t agree with yours but I respect it.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There can only be two options for the back 5 and that’s-
1. Hoppa
2. Crichton
3. Holland
4. Montoya
5. Smith

Or

1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Smith

No one else looks even close to being ready for NRL. After the trial yesterday I’d say it will be Hoppa at the back and Montoya centre.
Couldn't have said it better.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Reimis Smith
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Christian Crichton
06. Keiran Foran
07. Jack Cogger
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott

14. Lachlan Lewis
15. Jesse Sue
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
MasterP,
That’s a Masterbate of a lineup!!!
Meaney on the wing?
R Smith in the centres?
J Cogger ahead of Lewis?
R Martin ahead of RFM?

Get of the dirty rugs champ

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it really feels like JMK is the odd guy out... the new Mbye almost... doesn't really have a position and he's just being tested in various positions in the hope that something clicks... I think he's gotta be moved on
He’s a Warren McDonnell signing very ordinary at ISP level at the Tigers, hyped up Benji connection was a panic acquisition during Hasler sacking & Reynolds/Mbye move to Tigers;eyes closed & hope for the best. Not a hooker, not a half & not a fullback- should be moved on ASAP.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s a Warren McDonnell signing very ordinary at ISP level at the Tigers, hyped up Benji connection was a panic acquisition during Hasler sacking & Reynolds/Mbye move to Tigers;eyes closed & hope for the best. Not a hooker, not a half & not a fullback- should be moved on ASAP.
nailed it. I know a few people want to see him play hooker, but that's only based on the fact that they don't want Lichaa there, not because JMK has anything more to offer.