Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Okunbur on the bench. Could play in the forwards if not needed in the backs
Not quite ready, hasn’t really progressed as expected. We should see him in NRL sometime during the season on the wing.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope T'oomaga unlocks his true potential this season. When he played ISP he ripped shit up but was gun shy when they promoted him up. Discard the nerves mate.
I have a bad feeling pay wont give him a go

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Release jmk. Play 4 forwards on the bench. Move holland to hooker for last 10 minutes of games for some speed around ruck. Chn or smith to finish game at centre if need be. Thats the way id go. Holland is not a hooker obviously. But his speed and combining with his fullback late in them games did open up some opportunities. And im hollands biggest critic, still not sold hes a first grader. But i believe he offers more than jmk even at hooker if needed to do a job.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just watched the game against the raiders last year when we choked, mainly to see the performance of Martin and Lewis again... but the big highlight (well lowlight) was Lichaa getting the ball stripped of him by Havilli after the long time stoppage for the injury to Abbey... Cost us the game and reignited my disappointment in him lol

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Starting back 5
Hoppa.
Crichton.
Dutch.(left centre)
Montoya(right centre)
Smith.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same

Pay mentioned every prop in contention for FG except Renouf

The fk
The coaching staff see these players everyday. What do we see?

Maybe they see something in him that tells them he’s still not ready for first grade.

I think they would know who’s ready or not.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should play three 40 min periods with that many players and only one trial.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brett Morris scored a hat trick and got man of the match in the roosters trial game.. Not feeling really confident now
There were legitimate reasons why he and Josh were not resigned. We wish them both well but our future lies before us with a younger squad looking to prove themselves and both Morris boys wanted another 2 seasons minimum. Sure we have $1m cap space now but are keeping our powder dry. Lets see how the season unfolds before you get nervous.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Besides eating up 60mins he eats a big chunk of the salary cap & hence why he is so prominent game time wise
I became a Tolman fan when I met him at the recent fan open day. He had a good workout and looks fit. He will be first forward chosen. He spoke of his diet, his work ethic, his leadership of the younger forwards and more. Watching the team do the get off the ground and play the ball quickly and accurately the coaches had him demonstrating how to do it. He said he cant wait to play some footy. This year feels different he said. I felt a feeling of hunger and confidence that went with the departure of Ennis and Graham and to a lesser extend Grub maybe.

I got the distinct impression that Tols wont be hitting it up on the 4th tackle inside the opposition 20 anymore. We now have some attacking plays to fall back on instead. The ball passing was nothing Id ever seen in a pre match warmup. Everyone can pass in both directions now. Watch this space.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting back 5
Hoppa.
Crichton.
Dutch.(left centre)
Montoya(right centre)
Smith.
Is that for rd1? Do you know this as fact? Plus that means smith and holland split up?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The coaching staff see these players everyday. What do we see?

Maybe they see something in him that tells them he’s still not ready for first grade.

I think they would know who’s ready or not.
They also have their pets eg trex and des

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think crichton will end being a fan favorite. Looks like he has converted me lol. His body reminds me of utai hope he plays like him

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting back 5
Hoppa.
Crichton.
Dutch.(left centre)
Montoya(right centre)
Smith.
Geez, that scares me.

Holland and smith should not be separated.
I would rather see Hoppa switched to centre and Meany play FB than see Montoya in the centres.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez, that scares me.

Holland and smith should not be separated.
I would rather see Hoppa switched to centre and Meany play FB than see Montoya in the centres.
Id rather see:

1.Meaney
2.Crichton
3.Holland
4.Smith
5.Hoppa

Hoppa is not a centre, he makes aweful decisions in defence in that position.
If you put Hoppa at fullback you have to drop Meaney and bring in Montoya on the wing, but I don't want montoya in the side so Hoppa stays on the wing.
And Smith said he wants to play centre.