The Formula One Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ohh Ferrari you cool cats.... they went close.

https://singleseater.ferrari.com/en/

I like it ... however Mission Winnow the major new sponsor is a shill company for a tobacco company. Dodgy as fuck.

So that's 3 teams now with highly questionable sponsors. Meanwhile Liberty Media just sits back with feet up and lets it happen.
Fairly typical Ferrari, they will never move very far from their iconic look, can't blame em though. Liberty media don't care, they are a cancer to F1 themselves.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No team is running a V6 twin turbo, they abandoned those. Every team still runs a 5.0L V8 still. The nissan uses a similar V8 that the GT-R GT1 used, all based on the same family of V8's used in a quite a few of their road cars. The category ain't going anywhere, it is still pretty popular.
I heard the Nissan V8 is based of the Nissan patrol v8 diesel block with different heads... I'm might start getting back into super taxis, when there's less and less Holden's and Ford's..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard the Nissan V8 is based of the Nissan patrol v8 diesel block with different heads... I'm might start getting back into super taxis, when there's less and less Holden's and Ford's..
Yeah when i said road cars i should have said fourbys as well, they are all from the VK V8 family, quite a few different configurations for em. Yeah who really knows the future with the series, i mean @Mr Invisible does have a point, the whole mid size family car thing is pretty much dead in australia now, would be cool to see a GT3 like series out here, like the stuff they run in the bathurst 12 hour, i would be be totally down for that to replace the V8 supercars.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Williams just announced they will miss the first day of testing because the car is not ready, not a good start for them.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The new alfa, i certainly wouldn't call it stunning but still heaps better than the Racing Point thing. I guess they couldn't use too much red as it would just look like the Ferrari.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not jaw dropping, but it's still quite nice and traditional. The pin striping is a really nice touch AND legit sponsors!!!

That's all the cars revealed now isn't it?

Who'd have thought HAAS would have the best looking car on the grid.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not jaw dropping, but it's still quite nice and traditional. The pin striping is a really nice touch AND legit sponsors!!!

That's all the cars revealed now isn't it?

Who'd have thought HAAS would have the best looking car on the grid.
Yeah would never have picked the haas at all, well done to them it looks stunning.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Alfa is nice, but very uninspiring

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gees I cant wait for Melbourne GP and the start of the footy season .. the suspense is killing me !!!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Alfa looks a bit like Williams.

I must say from this angle I like it much more.
It looks like the top half and the bottom half were designed by completely separate teams that didn't communicate what colors they were going to use.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Alex Albon into the gravel after only 10 minutes in his Torro Rosso.

I sense a crashfest this season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Daniel Ricciardos car had the rear wing DRS component fly off it in testing, causing him to spin and just miss a barrier.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That one for dan could have been really nasty, gasly managed to bin the RB too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That one for dan could have been really nasty, gasly managed to bin the RB too.
Max will be angry .. I'm sure he wanted to be the first RB in the wall. Gasly's crash was strange, car just got the death wobbles like suspension went and spunt back into the wall.

Williams FINALLY arrived with their car.

Apparently Mercedes have instructed F1 & Sky Sports Media NOT to show the rear end of their car . Hmmmm. sus much?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Max will be angry .. I'm sure he wanted to be the first RB in the wall. Gasly's crash was strange, car just got the death wobbles like suspension went and spunt back into the wall.

Williams FINALLY arrived with their car.

Apparently Mercedes have instructed F1 & Sky Sports Media NOT to show the rear end of their car . Hmmmm. sus much?
I hope williams can get their shit together, would love to see them beat racing point this season.