News Outrage as Indigenous All Stars fail to sing national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously. Just admit the truth. We invaded Australia We won. They're pissed off about that. Let them grieve. No reason to rub it in their faces.
Unless there are aboriginals that are like 200-230 years old, colonisation doesn't impact them.

If not for the British they'd have been colonised by someone else, or wiped out by disease/famine/inbreeding.

Very few remote tribes still out there these days.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless there are aboriginals that are like 200-230 years old, colonisation doesn't impact them.

If not for the British they'd have been colonised by someone else, or wiped out by disease/famine/inbreeding.

If your land was invaded and your ancestors kidnapped and killed, I'm sure yo would say, "nah. No sore feelings. That was the past"

I'm not debating the fact that what happened was inevitable. But let them grieve their ancestors.

And I also find it funny you saying, "Unless there are aboriginals that are like 200-230 years old, colonisation doesn't impact them"

Them not singing the national anthem literally has no impact on you but you're demanding justice like they raped your village. Some nice hypocrisy there.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If your land was invaded and your ancestors kidnapped and killed, I'm sure yo would say, "nah. No sore feelings. That was the past"

I'm not debating the fact that what happened was inevitable. But let them grieve their ancestors.

And I also find it funny you saying, "Unless there are aboriginals that are like 200-230 years old, colonisation doesn't impact them"

Them not singing the national anthem literally has no impact on you but you're demanding justice like they raped your village. Some nice hypocrisy there.
They should grieve their ancestors like I grieve mine, but mine are for me to grieve I don’t involve others or blame others for my loss.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We’ll that’s it then, when I visit Sweden and Iceland this year they better prepare me some 0% home loans and free education and roll out the red carpet. God dam fucking Vikings, I sure as hell ain’t over their raping and pillaging shit my feelings are still sore.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They should grieve their ancestors like I grieve mine, but mine are for me to grieve I don’t involve others or blame others for my loss.
True. But them not singing the Australian national anthem isn't "Blaming others". It's just refusing to support a people that killed their people. Imagine if the Japanese invaded Australia during WW2, killed our grandparents and occupied our land. Would you be happy singing the Japanese national anthem?

We’ll that’s it then, when I visit Sweden and Iceland this year they better prepare me some 0% home loans and free education and roll out the red carpet. God dam fucking Vikings, I sure as hell ain’t over their raping and pillaging shit my feelings are still sore.
That's not even remotely similar. You would be invading their country as retaliation. What you are saying is the equivalent of the Aboriginals invading England and demanding free stuff. No one would support that.

And let's not forget that this isn't about them getting free stuff. This is about them not singing the National Anthem. You're all vilifying them for not singing a friggin song.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
True. But them not singing the Australian national anthem isn't "Blaming others". It's just refusing to support a people that killed their people. Imagine if the Japanese invaded Australia during WW2, killed our grandparents and occupied our land. Would you be happy singing the Japanese national anthem?

That's not even remotely similar. You would be invading their country as retaliation. What you are saying is the equivalent of the Aboriginals invading England and demanding free stuff. No one would support that.

And let's not forget that this isn't about them getting free stuff. This is about them not singing the National Anthem. You're all vilifying them for not singing a friggin song.
To your point the British as you know were the early settlers their anthem is not played it’s our anthem which represents all cultures that have come to this country and now call it home. It’s the anthem which represents Australia and all who live here.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not really, because they are doing this stupid "not singing the anthem" to prove a political point for their own communities.

If they want to do something more constructive for their own communities, they should use their position as players to speak out against kids raping kids.

Kid goes "Oh wow my idol Latrell or James says I shouldn't forcibly rape my 3 yr old sister... you know what.. I don't think I will... he's my idol and I listen to him".

That is the government and police's job. Your comment is terrible. This literally has 0 impact on you yet you sound so insensitive and like a hypocrite. You're doing the exact same thing that they're doing except even worse.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Literally the dumbest thing that you have ever said.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To your point the British as you know were the early settlers their anthem is not played it’s our anthem which represents all cultures that have come to this country and now call it home. It’s the anthem which represents Australia and all who live here.
And it's an anthem that was developed by white Australians while the Aboriginals had no part in the development of it. Some have given some leniency by allowing the national anthem to be sung in traditional aboriginal which is at least something.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And it's an anthem that was developed by white Australians while the Aboriginals had no part in the development of it. Some have given some leniency by allowing the national anthem to be sung in traditional aboriginal which is at least something.
Which as i posted on here before this game should of had the anthem as the kiwis did in both languages unfortunately the NRL is run by dick heads.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sang the anthem today at my kids school (both versus) and nothing in it that should fire up the indigenous population. Actually it is very welcoming to all in it and promotes peoples from everywhere to live with us in peace. Let me just say, I take exception to anyone not singing the anthem when it's on. This was after the usual spiel offcourse of how we had to say thankyou for the local people and affirming that it is "their land and always will be". I always thought that the Indigenous people considered they were part of the land, not owning it?? Personally I hate this thing they have brought in, it's shite!

I wonder, if we became a republic and officially sever ties with England...….will we finally be able to build a bridge and move on? Will that be enough? It was the British at the heart of the issue and let's face it, there was a massive amount of "white" people forced and died on convict ships to move here against their wills for things as simple as stealing a loaf of bread to feed their starving families. Never to see their families again too. There are many "victims" if your set on it.

I have had mates of every race and skin colour including working in security where I had there back and them mine. I was a grunt and served overseas and once again had mates of all colours and races, we literally had eachothers lives in eachothers hands and didn't think twice about it. We called eachother Brother's. Not because it was cool, we shared skin colour, considered ourselves like minded victims or even because we were born in the same family. We were brothers because we were prepared to die for eachother. All these blokes were top shelf people and humans and I was proud to serve this Country with them. The difference with the blokes I've known is that they weren't sitting around playing the poor me card, they were facing life at the edge and were an asset to know.

Problem is that we have been so "sorry" for so long that we have created a race of beggars. It's too easy to not try and get paid more sitting and whingeing. I thought the Prime Minister finally officially saying sorry was suppose to create that platform to move forward? Wasn't that what they wanted? Was it enough?

The Government knew that (creating beggars) when we were in East Timor and we were advised to stop handing out our rations and water to the people because they quickly associated that it was easier to stand next to the roads begging for things instead of returning to their way of life on the farms etc. It became a really big issue, I have no idea how it is over there now.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score

And let's not f

Pretty sure that many Australians lost a grandparent fighting off the Japanese and how many were taken POW... The only reason Australia wasn't invaded by japan was because they were defeated and many Australian and Americans lost there lives.... But are we pissed at Japan.... No we moved on..... I could be wrong but im Pretty sure rugby league was invented in england? If there so pissed off about the anthem why not boycott rugby league 2..... Oh yeah,,,, no big $$ hey

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If your land was invaded and your ancestors kidnapped and killed, I'm sure yo would say, "nah. No sore feelings. That was the past". I'm not debating the fact that what happened was inevitable. But let them grieve their ancestors.
Tracing back family history on one side leads to the Irish potato famine... should I be all pissed off about that because it impacted family like 5 generations back? Nope, not at all.

There are full bloods still in communities in Alice (and other areas), and suprisingly when asked they were happy living their little lives as they wish. No handouts, no benefits, no complaints about the white man. Just living in Australia enjoying it like everyone else.

There were aboriginals that proudly fought with the ANZACs and in all world wars, they included themselves as Australians.

It's mainly the half and quarter bloods (which means they are either just as aboriginal as something else OR majority something else and part aboriginal), that think they are owed everything and pull the woe is me card.

We can't change what happened in the past, and constantly dwelling on it and kicking up a stink about it won't change that. It's like trying to have a scab heal, but ripping it off when the scab forms.

The only way we move on from this (as a society), is when the left/SJWs and the non majority or equal majority (yeah I know) move on from it and realise that segregation isn't the answer to solving problems.

Some of the greatest spokespersons for the indigenous community at the moment (and ones doing well for themselves), are those that are forward thinking and state things need to move on. Blokes like Warren Mundine for example (whom I've had the pleasure of engaging in lengthy conversation with).

And I also find it funny you saying, "Unless there are aboriginals that are like 200-230 years old, colonisation doesn't impact them". Them not singing the national anthem literally has no impact on you but you're demanding justice like they raped your village. Some nice hypocrisy there.
It does kinda. It's disrespectful, and shows they have no intention of wanting to include themselves in Australian custom and tradition.

Either way ... game needs to be pulled. Replace it with Aussie All Stars vs NZ All Stars, or the NRL 9s, or the world club challenge where all teams from around the globe compete over 2 weekends (like they used to).

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Why isn’t it similar? I want retribution for their ancestors actions regardless of where they reside, the exact same atrocities where committed in each case.

Except some ‘nations’ I won’t say race because that’ll be racist know how to move past, past indiscretions. I think the aboriginal people are the only nation on earth where it’s still never enough.

And that gets to the point of why we’re vilifying them, why we’re getting off topic, no ones arguing there isn’t great aboriginal people out there. But the continual spin and drum up of hate and continual segregation they keep pushing on you that you should feel bad for what your ancestors did shit is getting real old fast and has for some time. This should of ended when sorry was said and done and dusted. They get brought into all the same services, all the same benefits. We are all one people. Or do they enjoy being segregated? It’s time to move on and unite with no privilege for either above the other.

There’s nothing wrong with the song Advace Australia Fair, nothing racist, nothing degrading. The history behind the song and who wrote it, It’s for all and every person in this country. Just another knee jerk reaction and something else to whinge about since we can’t complain about the 26th of January for another year now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure that many Australians lost a grandparent fighting off the Japanese and how many were taken POW... The only reason Australia wasn't invaded by japan was because they were defeated and many Australian and Americans lost there lives.... But are we pissed at Japan.... No we moved on..... I could be wrong but im Pretty sure rugby league was invented in england? If there so pissed off about the anthem why not boycott rugby league 2..... Oh yeah,,,, no big $$ hey
Difference being that the Japanese don't occupy Australia.

But I completely get the hypocrisy on them only boycotting it to a certain level. They're still more than willing to take Rugby League's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.