Ways to stretch a jersey

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short. My brother in law bought me an Irish rugby jersey over Xmas back from Ireland. I told him to get a size Large as CCC make the jerseys and my dog jersey is the same size. When he got home I realised he’d bought the Pro jersey, which is a lot tighter. Being a bigger fella the jersey look tight on my beer belly. Wearing it on st Patrick’s day as my in laws are Irish. Basically I need this jersey to fit. Already started to drop some kgs but wondering if anyone has any experience with stretching jerseys?

Have googled it and suggested washing and when hanging stretch it. Anyone have any decent ideas?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What about literally stretching it? Play tug of war with it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Email Raelene Castle ..

You could try washing it in really really hot water (or the hottest water cycle).

Or try this: https://www.wikihow.com/Stretch-Clothes

I wonder if you could also wash it and hang it sideways to dry. Then hang weights off pegs so as its drying it's pulling the shirt downwards.

upload_2019-2-17_23-3-0.png

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Long story short. My brother in law bought me an Irish rugby jersey over Xmas back from Ireland. I told him to get a size Large as CCC make the jerseys and my dog jersey is the same size. When he got home I realised he’d bought the Pro jersey, which is a lot tighter. Being a bigger fella the jersey look tight on my beer belly. Wearing it on st Patrick’s day as my in laws are Irish. Basically I need this jersey to fit. Already started to drop some kgs but wondering if anyone has any experience with stretching jerseys?

Have googled it and suggested washing and when hanging stretch it. Anyone have any decent ideas?
Meh, real men have curves. Dont be worried about how it looks on you, Wear it proud!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exercise and eat healthy.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wet the jersey and then iron it while it is stretched. You will get the stretch but no guarantee on the colours not fading away.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lend it to someone who is twice as large as you.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go on a healthy diet of crystal meth and ciggies.... you should be right by the weekend.

You're welcome

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Email Raelene Castle ..

You could try washing it in really really hot water (or the hottest water cycle).
Hot is for shrinking clothes. Polyesters and the like don't usually shrink/stretch as such like natural fibres. (woolen jumpers, cotton jeans/shirts etc)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep. Warm water and hang weight off it.
Be warned though, it won’t last. You’ll have to do it a few times.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe Sam kasiano could wear it for a day or two??
I once had a girlfriend who decided to try making me lose weight. She told me no sex till I had the body of an athlete. Luckily I was able to find photos of Kasiano and Eastwood.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Stretch it like a wizards sleeve.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I once had a girlfriend who decided to try making me lose weight. She told me no sex till I had the body of an athlete. Luckily I was able to find photos of Kasiano and Eastwood.
Gold!!!