Indigenous V Maori

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on doggies players?

Elliot played big minutes and didn’t disappoint. Looked match fit and defended well. Didn’t make impact wit runs. Chris Smith was quiet throughout but improved in the 4th quarter pulling off one nice big hit.

CHN ran one good line early but didn’t get game time

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thats pretty much how I saw it.

CHN looks like he'll be throwing offloads nicely.
Elliott made one nice 10-15m run.
Smith was quiet but solid in defence.

But Dogs players rarely got the ball in hand.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really only noticed Elliott out there. He played 80mins and was his usual self.

Smith only played 20 -30 mins and didn't get too much ball.

CHN didn't doo too much tbh. Doesn't really look for the ball, rather he waits for it to come to him.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott just quietly handled a lot of defense, in attack the ball didn't find him much with it going to the Fifitas a lot, as it should of. They were both immense. I was so impressed with David Fifita last night.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott just quietly handled a lot of defense, in attack the ball didn't find him much with it going to the Fifitas a lot, as it should of. They were both immense. I was so impressed with David Fifita last night.
37 tackles
10 runs for 93 m
And most post contact metres bar d fafita
Fairly good display I would say

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fecking hell, that group a mint but some of them are just on serious drugs
Yeah a few are nice, but asking $55k or even $30k just because it's a Police BT1 VL is laughable. Unless heavily modified they aren't even worth $5k.

Hristofas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nope but these people do: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/holden/commodore/vl-series/?WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

Are they honestly taking the piss with those prices though?
Couldn't care less ab
Nope but these people do: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/holden/commodore/vl-series/?WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

Are they honestly taking the piss with those prices though?
Couldn't care less about the game. Want to see the boys firing in the blue and white.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be just me but I came away with the opinion that Ponga at 5/8 was abismal, a total failure. Badly shown up in defence and just looked totally out of his depth in not being able to handle the timing required when playing in the front line. Everything I saw he looked rushed, so he made mistakes in taking on/not taking on the line, passing was sloppy, in general he just looked lost. Lots of room for improvement.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Could be just me but I came away with the opinion that Ponga at 5/8 was abismal, a total failure. Badly shown up in defence and just looked totally out of his depth in not being able to handle the timing required when playing in the front line. Everything I saw he looked rushed, so he made mistakes in taking on/not taking on the line, passing was sloppy, in general he just looked lost. Lots of room for improvement.

Go Dogs
Ponga isn't a team player, he's and individual player (like Hayne). He can turn a game from his own brilliance, but more often than not is a ball hog wanting to do the glory play.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
3 fullbacks in the spine (could actually argue the fullback is a winger at best)
Couple that with everyone jerking over Ponga... yeah the kids good, but wasn't great enough to get the Knights in the 8, I think he needs to settle down because he's starting to believe his own hype. Fullback is his position for now, god knows why Brown is trying to change that when he has Lino at his disposal

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Elliott is Aboriginal then Hopoate is an anglo!

Thatll do me.