Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Rothfield refuses to name Manly player in alleged cash theft.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/65e248e9d57cbd8b95842ece1a075c63

ANOTHER OFF-FIELD DRAMA

In this current climate you would expect all NRL stars to be on their best behaviour. Yet some will never learn.

There is another story too about a boofhead player at the Manly Sea Eagles.

A number of Manly players were drinking at their regular watering hole, the Harbord ‘Hilton’, last week.

One had too many to drink and stuck his hand in the staff tips jar. This idiot took a $20 note.

When questioned by staff he refused to put it back. Fancy a highly paid footballer doing that to $20-a-hour bar staff.

On this occasion we have chosen not to name the Sea Eagles player.

Coach Des Hasler is aware of what happened and has made sure the money was returned. The player has been told in no uncertain terms to pull his head in.

Second case of "selective reporting" by a news outlet.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is just another typical report from this journalist.What an absolute joke the Telegraph has become.....pick and chose just who they want to expose for what they are.....
The only way that I get to see any of these insipid reports is if it is posted here or I get to read the newspaper for free.....they ain't getting any money off me because let's be realistic with the type of reporting this mob is known for they should be paying us to read it.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the staff would name the player for a $20 donation?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is just another typical report from this journalist.What an absolute joke the Telegraph has become.....pick and chose just who they want to expose for what they are.....
The only way that I get to see any of these insipid reports is if it is posted here or I get to read the newspaper for free.....they ain't getting any money off me because let's be realistic with the type of reporting this mob is known for they should be paying us to read it.
Well it's one of two things:
a) Protected the name of someone who they feel needs protectnig (as to not tarnish their career), which means a mass case of hypocrisy; OR
b) Refusing to name the player because it's entirely fabricated and by being vague and not naming a player, they can get away with made up BS.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how many clubs give journos money to make stories disappear (or appear for other clubs).

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drunken hallucination after his third bottle of red?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone tell the manly players, there are other options to getting out of playing for Des Hasler..... If I had to guess who the player is, I would say someone who hasler has told 'you'll be running it on the fourth', just a hunch....

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/65e248e9d57cbd8b95842ece1a075c63

ANOTHER OFF-FIELD DRAMA

In this current climate you would expect all NRL stars to be on their best behaviour. Yet some will never learn.

There is another story too about a boofhead player at the Manly Sea Eagles.

A number of Manly players were drinking at their regular watering hole, the Harbord ‘Hilton’, last week.

One had too many to drink and stuck his hand in the staff tips jar. This idiot took a $20 note.

When questioned by staff he refused to put it back. Fancy a highly paid footballer doing that to $20-a-hour bar staff.

Coach Des Hasler is aware of what happened and has made sure the money was returned. The player has been told in no uncertain terms to pull his head in.

Second case of "selective reporting" by a news outlet.
This is how low rothfield has become. I am sure this can be dealt with the manly club no doubt it already has. Some players are a disgrace once they drink to much. Another way for rothfield the drunk to put the game down. Between him and greenturd what a great job their doing destroying the game.

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
life ban to be handed out from Bi Polar Todd

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh. This is a bit of a nothing story. A stupid drunk thing, that was pulled up by teammates (which is something some other Clubs might learn from), and we got on with life.

I appreciate we are pissed off over Napa/Mad Monday etc (me included), but after Inglis, Barba, Lodge and all those other serious incidents, lets keep some perspective.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meh. This is a bit of a nothing story. A stupid drunk thing, that was pulled up by teammates (which is something some other Clubs might learn from), and we got on with life.
I appreciate we are pissed off over Napa/Mad Monday etc (me included), but after Inglis, Barba, Lodge and all those other serious incidents, lets keep some perspective.
I kinda disagree... theft is theft.

It's a complete shitcunt of a thing to do, and shows alot about a persons character.

Do you really want to share a locker room with someone that stoops low enough to steal tips from a place?

I'm not saying deregister them, but if the NRL are serious about whipping the game into shape, then even minor issues like this shold be investigated, not covered up and left for a journo to partially reveal at their own choosing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I kinda disagree... theft is theft.

It's a complete shitcunt of a thing to do, and shows alot about a persons character.

Do you really want to share a locker room with someone that stoops low enough to steal tips from a place?

I'm not saying deregister them, but if the NRL are serious about whipping the game into shape, then even minor issues like this shold be investigated, not covered up and left for a journo to partially reveal at their own choosing.
There nothing to suggest this guy is a kleptomaniac, and to me it looks as much like someone doing something dumb on the piss

Like when I was at uni, and we would steal bar towels, or see how many ashtrays (this was the 90s) we could stuff down our pants, or pinching a witches hat and putting it on your head like a dickhead... in our dumb 18/19 year old minds we saw it as victimless crime, but of course it wasnt. I have never stolen anything since and like to think I'm a reasonably upstanding member of the community...

And it was dealt with at the time (like some Cowboys players could have probably done a few days ago before things got ti where they ended up). The offender likely woke up with a sore head, felt like a dick and wont steal again. Or maybe he will, I guess who knows.

Stealing is wrong of course, but this is the diet coke of off season scandals. Just 1 calorie.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had an interesting chat with a gentleman this morning at our local coffee shop. He follows the game and says that the carry on from Greenberg and Co is absolutely ridiculous.

Making a mountain out of a molehill with the Napa thing. Punishment of embarrassment and ridicule more than enough. He said " We have all done dumb things in our lives and it is quite unfair that just because they are in the public eye everything they do is amplified ten times. If I was to walk naked from the bathroom to the bedroom after taking a shower and it appeared on line would the incident be really newsworthy???"was his comment.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rothfield has journalistic integrity by not naming the player..... or Rothfield is suffering from Alzheimer's set upon from alcoholism and can't remember the player's name.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like, Dugan and Fifita gave him shit for being a bottom-feeder so now he's trying to restore some integrity so he can get some "inside scoops"

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Rothfield has been told to pull his head in.