Official Sat 9th Feb - Trials Discussion - Now with pictures and highlights videos for all grades.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/02/06/isp-and-jersey-flegg-trial-teams/

Adults - $5
Children under 16 years – FREE

FOOTY EXPO RUN SHEET:
10:00am JL Footy expo opens
11:00am Tarsha Gale kick-off
12:00pm Fan Fare and Rides start
12:30pm Harold Matts Kick-off
2:00pm SG Ball Cup Kick-off
4:00pm Fan Fare and Rides close
4:00pm Jersey Flegg Kick-off
6:00pm ISP Kick-off

Anyone heading out there, appreciate any updates/etc on the games.

Matts, Tarsha Gale and Ball are playing first rounds today.

I was going to head over (about an hr each way), but am concerned about weather reports of thunderstorms and potential hail in the afternoon. With expensive camera gear and a car exposed to the elements I'm unsure if it's worth the risk.

If I lived nearby wouldn't be such an issue.

Live Score Links:
H MATTS -
https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/harold-matthews-cup/2019/round-1/bulldogs-v-knights/
SG BALL - https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/sg-ball-cup/2019/round-1/bulldogs-v-knights/

No links for Flegg or Intrust from what I can see.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/02/06/isp-and-jersey-flegg-trial-teams/

Adults - $5
Children under 16 years – FREE

FOOTY EXPO RUN SHEET:
10:00am JL Footy expo opens
11:00am Tarsha Gale kick-off
12:00pm Fan Fare and Rides start
12:30pm Harold Matts Kick-off
2:00pm SG Ball Cup Kick-off
4:00pm Fan Fare and Rides close
4:00pm Jersey Flegg Kick-off
6:00pm ISP Kick-off

Anyone heading out there, appreciate any updates/etc on the games.

Matts, Tarsha Gale and Ball are playing first rounds today.

I was going to head over (about an hr each way), but am concerned about weather reports of thunderstorms and potential hail in the afternoon. With expensive camera gear and a car exposed to the elements I'm unsure if it's worth the risk.

If I lived nearby wouldn't be such an issue.

Thank you Mr I. I too would have loved to have gone to see this.

Great to see this too....

Jersey Flegg

2nd 20 minutes:

1. Josh Wilkinson, 2. Shayden Stevens, 3. Tyrone Taukamo, 4. Moung Dut, 5. Michael Lyons, 6. Kayne Mave, 7. Christian Urso, 8. Lewis Cooper, 9. Ryan Gray, 10. Kyle Cassel, 11. Jacob Winterstein, 12. Murray Sua, 13. Brock Hamill, 14. Billy Mozer, 15. Justin Filo, 16. Maleke Morris.

Great to see too the ISP side is littered with younger blokes getting a taste for the higher grade..Kalache one to watch as is El-Zakhem

1. Tom Mata’afa, 2. Isaiah Tass, 3. Jarred Anderson, 4. Connelly Lemuelu, 5. Frank Kuresa, 6. Zach Nichols, 7. Alex Seve, 8. Austin Dias, 9. Ben Marschke, 10. Elie El-Zakhem, 11. Tony Matautia, 12. Dalton Smith, 13. Samual Radovu, 14. Jesse Martin, 15. Kayne Kalache, 16. Tavena Koroisau, 17. Brock Illet, 19. Matt Mundine, 20. Nathan Milone, 21. Jack Morris, 22. Zac Cardassilaris, 23. Emosi Alomoti, 24. Shane Kiel.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
H Matts go down 42-6 to Newcastle. O'Neill our only try scorer, Winitana our only goal kicker.

2 HIAs in first 20 minutes didn't help things.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SG Ball takes their first win of the season 28-24 over Knights.

Tryscorers
Kurt Picken 4'
Khaled Rajab 25'
Mosese Vuki 30'
Jackson Topine 48'
Issam Merhi 54'
Jazzaiah Schaafhausen 58'

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jazzaiah Schaafhausen. What a wild name.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In flegg i liked Ryan Gray and Brock Hamill. Most of that ISP team will be playing park footy but the right side did some good stuff with Connelly Lemuelu and Frank Kuresa.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Morris played very strongly and made every tackle count
Dalton Smith looks like a good footballer, high work rate
Connelly Lemuelu was a hand full for the defence - a really strong ball runner and a nice offload for a try to Tass, who is sharp
Frank Kuresa also showed plenty of speed - a couple of good long distance kick chases
Alex Seve was busy - nice passing and kicking game. Only small but tough

In the SG Ball Zac Hetherington was impressive and there will be some real competition between him and Gray for the no 9

In both the SG Ball and ISP games we were dominant for long periods - we gifted a few tries which made the games look closer than they were.

The whole Mundine clan were there to support Matt and Reimis was sitting with them.

Josh Jackson and Harper were also there.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Morris played very strongly and made every tackle count
Dalton Smith looks like a good footballer, high work rate
Connelly Lemuelu was a hand full for the defence - a really strong ball runner and a nice offload for a try to Tass, who is sharp
Frank Kuresa also showed plenty of speed - a couple of good long distance kick chases
Alex Seve was busy - nice passing and kicking game. Only small but tough

In the SG Ball Zac Hetherington was impressive and there will be some real competition between him and Gray for the no 9

In both the SG Ball and ISP games we were dominant for long periods - we gifted a few tries which made the games look closer than they were.

The whole Mundine clan were there to support Matt and Reimis was sitting with them.

Josh Jackson and Harper were also there.
How did Matt Mundine Play? Did he look injury free and fit?

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still needs to shed a few kilos. He didn’t appear to have any injury problems - he played decent minutes and put in plenty of effort.

Can’t see him in the ISP 17 anytime soon.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still needs to shed a few kilos. He didn’t appear to have any injury problems - he played decent minutes and put in plenty of effort.

Can’t see him in the ISP 17 anytime soon.
did he play in the halves or forwards

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did we sign Taukamo? Anyone know how he played?
I had no idea either. He’s one of the most exciting prospects in the NRL. He was chased by 15/16 NRL teams before signing with Souths in 2017/18. 115kg centre/winger. I think he had a bad attitude towards training and put on a bit of weight so Souths released him. Not sure if this is correct though, I’m just reading between the lines from the few articles I read about him.